Profile for Kim Nash > Reviews

WildWash Detangle Detangler for Dogs Pets
WildWash Detangle Detangler for Dogs Pets
Offered by Only Dogs Allowed

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, 24 Jan 2014
This is okay, but massively over hyped. It actually smells much nicer then their 'fragrance' funnily enough, although to me it smells like Lemon Grass, which I'm not a massive fan of. So smells okay, but not great.

The main good thing is it says it's natural (although I seriously doubt 100% can be true... As far as I was aware, you did at least need the preservative to be 'naturally based' but not fully 'natural' to ensure it lasts long enough, by British trading standards - I think 99% is probably more accurate, but I don't know that for sure).

When I tried it my dog she really didn't like it and keeps trying to lick it off - I hope there's nothing toxic, usually products (even natural) say for external use only, so it's not ideal. It also takes an age to dry and does leave a slightly unpleasant residue to the touch.

However I tried it on a very matted area and it worked pretty well! The only thing is I kept repeating the process, as instructions said, but it just wouldn't penetrate the full matt in the undercoat. So although it works it isn't really the answer for a deep or intense matt. I'll stick to my Mikki matt comb blades I think, she doesn't mind it as much and they work better for deep matts.

The other thing is that I had to use a lot over again on one small area and it's watery, so goes down quickly. For a pretty expensive product that looks very ugly and cheap (the label looks 100 years old, the design and text are rubbing off!), I'm underwhelmed.

Works okay, good that it's natural and made in England, but I expected more.

Pantene Truly Natural Deep Conditioner 750 ml
Pantene Truly Natural Deep Conditioner 750 ml
Offered by Adams Beauty

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great! Just doesn't suit my hair, 18 Jan 2014
This was not great for me, it has actually left the ends of my hair quite dry, I also thought this was natural because of what the front says, but it's just cleverly worded to make you think that - it's not remotely natural! I'm going back to my old brand. Maybe it is good for some people and just doesn't suit my hair...

Macadamia Deep Repair Hair Masque - 250 ml
Macadamia Deep Repair Hair Masque - 250 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Really lovely, 18 Jan 2014
Really lovely conditioner - didn't even leave mine in for very long as was in a rush, but it left my hair shiny, soft and smelt very nice. Just saw a review here saying the Amazon version is fake and doesn't work, but I got it from here and it's not my experience. I also leant it to my mum, who has dry and coloured hair, and she's said the same!

Scruffy Chops Muddy Marvelous Conditioner
Scruffy Chops Muddy Marvelous Conditioner

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst conditioner I've used - matted coat NOT natural!, 18 Jan 2014
I was very excited to try this conditioner, after all the great reviews - so was pretty disappointed that it was actually rubbish! The main reason it has such a bad review, is I expected it to help with knotting and be softening. Yet it actually put way more knots into her coat than she had before. The poor thing was thoroughly matted!!!

The other thing I disliked was the texture. It didn't feel as nice and creamy as I expected. I followed the guidelines for one small line, but it wouldn't spread. Tried adding a little more water and rubbing in... nothing. Had to use a fair bit to spread all over her and then waited a few minutes as said. She was very frustrated. Then it took an absolute age to wash out and left a not very nice feel on the coat. She wasn't as soft as she's been with other natural dog shampoos, let alone conditioners, I've tried and worst of all she was so knotted!!!

The one good thing about this conditioner is it smells very nice. However, this is my other major problem with the product. When I looked at the ingredients hidden in the top left corner, the apparently 'natural' conditioner is scented with an unnatural parfum fragrance - it isn't actual real coconut - pretty misleading I'd say!

It made me slightly suspicious, especially as the main ingredient after water is Cetearyl alchohol, which I know from my old job as a school lab technician is just a thickener to add texture to products and create lather - they don't really do anything. This product appears to be natural because it says 'organic', but beware! Only some of the ingredients are organic (which obviously allows them to stick it on the front making you think natural). It doesn't actually mean the product is 100% natural, as you're purposely lead to believe!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 23, 2014 10:39 AM GMT

The Devil's Whore [DVD] [2008]
The Devil's Whore [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Andrea Riseborough

5.0 out of 5 stars So good, 8 Jan 2014
I missed this on TV and was gutted. Took me so long to rediscover it and have time to watch. Well worth it, particularly as I've played the part of her character in live interpretation of a scene for the death of Charles 1st, so for me a particular thrill. Also love period dramas, this one was a great one. Great heroin of history.

OVAL VINTAGE SHABBY CHIC PICTURE FRAME
OVAL VINTAGE SHABBY CHIC PICTURE FRAME
Offered by Four Seasons Liverpool

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, 8 Jan 2014
Not bad, a little small, but it does say how big. Not sure what to put in it due to the shape. Off white isn't very nice shade, design is a little moulded looking. I've bought nicer ones.

The Walking Dead Omnibus Volume 4 HC
The Walking Dead Omnibus Volume 4 HC
by Robert Kirkman

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Brother, 8 Jan 2014
My brother is hooked on these, so was over the moon to receive it for Christmas. Cost a lot less new than the last one as well.

1 Roll Brown Kraft Parcel Wrapping Paper, 750mm x 25m
1 Roll Brown Kraft Parcel Wrapping Paper, 750mm x 25m
Offered by PolyPostalBags

5.0 out of 5 stars Long lasting, 8 Jan 2014
We go through this stuff, so great price for a good amount. After a mammoth session of packaging for Christmas, we still have loads left over.

Vintage Style Photo Frame (Small)
Vintage Style Photo Frame (Small)
Offered by Dotcomgiftshop

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, 8 Jan 2014
Wasn't happy with look, not rustic chic, but cheap. Actually resold online to get my money back because I didn't want it

magic the gathering 2014 core set booster pack
magic the gathering 2014 core set booster pack
Offered by Magic Madhouse

4.0 out of 5 stars You wont get good cards online, 8 Jan 2014
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
I found out after purchasing this as a Christmas gift, that there is a known formula in large booster packs you can use to tell which packs hold good cards. Therefore sellers often use Amazon to sell of the ones they know won't have the most valuable cards to get rid of the less valuable packs at a cheaper price. So, although I ordered several packs to ensure he would get good ones, the result was they were all 'ok' but no really good ones in! If I'd have know I would have gone to a shop.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5