Profile for RD > Reviews

6x Savvies SU75 UltraClear Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 SM-G357FZ
6x Savvies SU75 UltraClear Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 SM-G357FZ
Offered by protectionfilms24-com

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems fine. Came quite quickly, 25 Dec. 2014
Seems fine. Came quite quickly. Thanks. Reasonable price. Fits well. I would have welcomed any advice re cleaning a screen protector. I wonder if the fact of there being six in the packet implies that it's expected that they may need changing after a certain time?

CHRIST IN EVOLUTION
CHRIST IN EVOLUTION
by DELIO

5.0 out of 5 stars Mind and heart expanding, 23 May 2014
This review is from: CHRIST IN EVOLUTION (Paperback)
Not a book for quick reading but repays the time and thought given to it. It offers a deepening of faith in the meaning of Christ and the possibility of relationship with Christ today, against the background of an awareness of the newer insights of science, in such a way that these newer insights tend to strengthen and deepen Christian faith. For those who see evolution as a threat to Christian belief, this book shows that the opposite can be the case.

BirdsUK
BirdsUK

4.0 out of 5 stars Good app, 23 Jan. 2014
This review is from: BirdsUK (App)
Even though there are only 50 birds I am glad I downloaded this app. The images are beautiful and there is usually a photo of the juvenile bird too. When you touch the images button you get a carousel of the images gallery which goes from one bird to the next. The link to wikipedia is an extra feature giving lots more information and an image which responds to finger touch to make it bigger. The only thing that spoils this app is the sound quality. There are usually two buttons, for song and call. Some of the recordings are perfectly clear but more often there is a weird unpleasant background noise like water going down the drain. Apart from that it is very good. Worth having. There is an 'about' section that tells you the app shows the top 50 garden birds as listed by the RSPB and it tells you where all the images are taken from. There is a simple quiz for identifying the birds, one out of four choices, either from song or image.

Trees Of Britain
Trees Of Britain

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it, 23 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Trees Of Britain (App)
I like it because of the images. They are clear and beautiful. Lifts my heart just to see them. Some reviewers said there were no close up pictures of leaves but I think they did not press the images button as there are definitely close ups of the leaves, bark, fruits as well as a photo of the whole tree, quite large usually even though it does not fill the whole of the kindle screen. Plenty of information too.

Universalis
Universalis

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it, 23 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Universalis (App)
I like Universalis as it is complete and easy to use. While in France recently and using the 30 day free trial I found I could get the Mass responses in French and various other languages. To buy books for the full Divine Office including Office of Readings is costly so to get it all for £10 is good value. It's handy to have the readings integrated with the order of Mass too. And the kindle is easier to carry around than a thick book.

Catholic Calendar from Universalis
Catholic Calendar from Universalis

5.0 out of 5 stars It's good, 26 Dec. 2013
I like having the translation I am used to. It's useful to have Mass and Divine office without heavy books.

BBC iPlayer Radio
BBC iPlayer Radio

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty good, 23 Dec. 2013
This review is from: BBC iPlayer Radio (App)
I haven't used it much yet but it seems good. Easy to understand how to use it. I can't see too much difference, though, between it and the bbc iplayer app where we can click on either the tv or radio icon and then on 'channels' or 'stations'. Perhaps the World Service was a bit easier to see what had been on with this app as there were just picture tiles and not big microphone icons. In the bbc iplayer app some program tiles were just unresponsive - I thought perhaps not yet available, and more time was perhaps needed to get the programs up and running - but in this one it sometimes said 'not available on this device ' The weather forecast was one of these. But most did seem to be available.

Radioplayer : UK Radio on your Kindle
Radioplayer : UK Radio on your Kindle

2.0 out of 5 stars Just wanted fm, 23 Dec. 2013
Maybe it is better than 2 stars but all I wanted was a classic fm app and could not get one on Kindle. There is a google one for nexus owners but of course my kindle fire could not access it. I can at least get the classic fm station on this app and that is something but there is no offer to listen to past programs. There was just a section 'Coming up' of 6 or so items which seemed to be from earlier and later the same day - no dates noted and no way to look at earlier dates - but none of them were responsive when tapped even though I know some had been on earlier in the day.So it seems that it just offers live classic fm but not catch up which is a pity. I wish Kindle could give us a simple classic fm app where we could browse and listen to earlier programs.

The Carlton Waltz Album - for young pianists with Piano accordian accompaniment
The Carlton Waltz Album - for young pianists with Piano accordian accompaniment
by Various

5.0 out of 5 stars pleased with it, 24 Nov. 2013
The person I bought it for was delighted with it so all is well and I have no more to say.

Laudate
Laudate

5.0 out of 5 stars seems good, 24 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Laudate (App)
It's good to have so much available free and i like the translation of the Bible even though it is not the same as we are using in the UK in church.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3