Profile for Bella Blue > Reviews

Content by Bella Blue

Bella Blue (Nottingham)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Andrew James Ice Cream, Sorbet and Frozen Yoghurt Maker Machine 1.45 Litre + 128 Page Recipe Book - As voted "Best Buy" Ice Cream Maker By Which Magazine
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD
Price: 69.95

2.0 out of 5 stars What am I doing wrong???, 22 Jan 2013
Firstly I will change my review if I can get this to work. First attempt - I ensured the bowl had been frozen for 24hours but for some reason my ice cream still won't set. Feeling a bit glum as had read all the good reviews before buying - am I doing something wrong? Followed a basic recipe in the book and ensured ingredients were chilled before using.Stuck now!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 21, 2013 7:09 PM BST

PestBye Battery Operated Cat Repeller - Ultrasonic Cat Scarer
PestBye Battery Operated Cat Repeller - Ultrasonic Cat Scarer
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow....exceeds expectations!, 27 Nov 2012
Bought this product after 2 years of frustration and expense buying gel treatments to deter neighbours cats, to no avail. Recently the cats have become more daring and appear at the patio doors and poo on the lawn. Expected to wait up to a month for the cats to stop coming but since installing I have not seen a single cat in my garden. Very easy to set up, though there are no instructions included - I used the guidance on Amazon. Ensure you insert batteries outside as my children could hear the sound and they said it was very loud and painful.BEWARE AROUND BABIES WHOSE EARS IT WOULD REALLY HURT!We have a pet inside who was possibly effected too. In summer when the kids and tortoise are out I will need to switch off, however the cats don't come in if we are out there,so don't see this as a major problem. Wish I'd bought one sooner - fabulous!

The Holy Bible (NIV) New International Version
The Holy Bible (NIV) New International Version

1.0 out of 5 stars Incomplete!!!!, 20 Sep 2012
This product is a con, it is an incomplete bible starting at Corinthians....very very disappointed and think it should be taken off Amazon or customers should be refunded. Don't buy!!!

Samsung W200 Full HD Waterproof Pocket Camcorder (5MP, 2.3 inch LCD) - Black/Red (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good piece of Kit!, 11 April 2012
I'm not at all technically minded and was recommended this camcorder by a friend when looking for a cheap small waterproof camcorder that would do for our holiday in Egypt. It is very easy to use and I found it did a good job at taking video as well as stills. It is very easy to transfer between the two - so much so that I and the children could use and instruct Egyptians on how to use. WE have some great shots of the kids in the pools and the Reef Marine life in the Red sea. On returning home it was a doddle to download images and video. I'm very very happy with the camera and it attracted a lot of attention for others on our trip who thought I was using a phone as its so small, until I took it in the pool and sea.
I highly recommend - Argos is cheaper than on here though as a previous reviewer has commented. i bought the accessories on Amazon including the floatation wrist strap - well worth the 6 for peace of mind and a hard case plus large memory card.
Get one - its worth it - we now have memories captured of our trip of a lifetime.

Humax Foxsat HDR 500GB Freesat HD Digital TV Recorder (Requires Satellite Dish) (Old model) (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a woman and I can set it up!, 9 Dec 2011
Gosh - our new Freesat recorder arrived today and with some trepidation I embarked on setting it up. I'm astounded! As a woman who fully admits not being at all technically minded it was a complete doddle to set up in 10mins. Get one girls (and boys). They are great gadgets that allow you to watch and record, and record two programmes stimultaneously. You can download your music and play through the tv and fast forward, rewind, skip in sections recorded programmes. I can watch X Factor in 15 mins, which has to be a good thing, cutting out all the naff bits.
Highly recommend this product. Easy for anyone to use from age 7 to 97years.

The Adventures of Robin Hood
The Adventures of Robin Hood
by Marcia Williams
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully illustrated and well written., 29 Jun 2008
My 5 year old son was given this book for Christmas along with a Robin Hood outfit. He loves to be read the stories over and over again and is equally happy to sit and flick through the pages for himself, them being full of quirky little illustrations - hes always able to spot something hes not noticed before.I feel this series of books by Marcia Williams are very well suited to boys (or girls) who may be find it hard to sit and listen to a story without plenty of illustration, as they are kept engaged by the colourful and detailed pictures filling every page. My son has now requested others in the series, so thats why I'nm on here shopping for more by Marcia Williams - what a great way to educate our youngsters on the great myths, legends, inventors etc etc.

Panasonic Wet & Dry Epilator with Skin Protector ES2057
Panasonic Wet & Dry Epilator with Skin Protector ES2057

4.0 out of 5 stars Approached with trepidation but worth the perserverence!, 18 May 2008
I was really nervous about trying out one of these having shaved the majority of the time and little success at self waxing. On the encouragement of my work collegues I took the plunge last week for myself (and my daughter who is just reaching puberty and feeling self conscious). Though it does hurt to use , I rate pain against giving birth and it is no where near that bad so I'll cope with it. My daughter has dared to give it a go after a lot of hesitation (she has zero pain tolerance), and though theres been some moaning shes finding it bearable.
I haven't used it as a wet epilator yet but as a dry one it works though the areas need going over a number of times to get stubborn hairs. Skin was red and blothcy but by the next day, as smooth as a babies....
I would highly recommend and wish I had started using one years ago. Excellent product, smartly packged and designed and if all else fails, its got a shaver head attachment too!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 18, 2008 11:17 AM BST

See Inside Castles (Usborne Flap Books)
See Inside Castles (Usborne Flap Books)
by Katie Daynes
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my son's favourites!!!, 10 Jan 2008
This is a wonderfully informative lift the flap book for boys aged 3-8years. The book gives detailed drawn pictures of castles, their development, inside of and castles today with lots of interesting little cameos to keep spotting. There are characters for the children to spot including Lord Simon, Tiggs the cat and Lady Eleanor plus funny incidents to muse over, creating lots of talking points for you and your child. My son, and a number of his friends have this book and its brought out time and time again to be explored and enjoyed. Highly recommended, especially for those budding knights!

The Book Thief
The Book Thief
by Markus Zusak
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning writing!!!, 6 Jan 2008
This review is from: The Book Thief (Paperback)
I don't know about you but I tend to judge a book as good if its one I can't put down and am eager to get to the end of to find out what happens - well not here!
The joy( can I say 'joy' about a book narrated by Death)of this book is in the prose itself - Markus certainly knows how to string a sentence or two together to create sharp, beautiful, thought provoking proses. Instead of wanting to get to the end I found myself wanting to savour the words and spend time mediating on all that had been shared in each chapter. I found myself going back and rereading the words again and again. Death even gives away the ending to a degree but its all part of the charm of this stunningly written book.
This is the story of a young girl set in Nazi Germany and is narrated by Death himself.
The characters are a real mix and the author's writing helps you get to the real heart and depth of them as individuals - their endearing qualities and their flaws. It is a story with many levels and parallel threads running through.
You will find yourself noting the wry/clever quotes by Death and marvelling at the wonder of this written word.
Do not be put off by a previous reviewer's likening this to 'The Lovely Bones' if you struggled like myself with that book. I found this read to be on a completely different level and a far more satisfying and inspiring read. Goes into my Top 10 best reads ever!

A Treasury of Curious George
A Treasury of Curious George
by H. A. Rey
Price: 6.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully Illustrated innocent book!, 17 Oct 2006
I bought this book for my 3 year old son after seeing the film. This book is beautiful illustrated with watercolour prints of George the monkey and the man in the yellow hat. There are 8 stories of the antics and adventures they get up to including a camping trip, bulldozer at the park, train story etc. This is a great book for boys as they will indentify with the things that interest George and the mishaps he gets up to because of his curiosity.

It is a good, wholesome book of innocent tales written in an American style (Curious George coming from American).

The book is excellent value for what you get - 8 stories in a hard back version with lovely pictures.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3