Profile for J. Malone > Reviews

J. Malone (Nottingham)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bargain action cam you can buy, 3 Jan. 2014
Sure there are better cams on the market but for the vast majority of people wanting high quality film in HD his is perfect. I've just returned from a ski trip and the quality of the images are superb. Pair with a high quality class 10 micro sd card and if you want a helmet mount then buy this... B00B82MY94

The mono price helmet mount is expensive and difficult to acquire in the UK, this one works perfectly. If you side mount on your helmet you will have to rotate the film by 90 degrees when you edit. The camera self levelling device only seems to work if the images are 180 degrees out or upside down. All minor gripes for what is an excellent action cam. I would not have complained at £150 but unless you want to spend more than £150 then I wouldn't consider anything else.

Gusti Genuine Leather Vintage Handbag Satchel Messenger Style Cross Body Bag K47b
Offered by Craftvilla

2.0 out of 5 stars Make sure you read the small print, 10 Dec. 2013
This is indeed a satchel 'style' bag, style being the operative word because it is a fraction of the size of a satchel measuring only 23cm x 18cm and less than the size of a sheet of A4 paper. I bought it as a satchel but it is a case of style over substance because it is useless for anything other than the odd small bits and pieces that you girls tend to carry round in hand bags.

Tinsel and Lights
Tinsel and Lights

5.0 out of 5 stars At last, a Christmas Album that I actually want to listen to, 4 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Tinsel and Lights (Audio CD)
I've been a fan of Tracey Thorn since EBTG released Eden, she is quite simply one of the best female vocalists the UK has ever turned out. So maybe she could have sung anything containing the words snowman, santa or Christmas and I'd have been happy. However, Tracey being Tracey, she went through an exhaustive process of finding around 100 songs relating to Christmas and eventually whittled them down to the best possible material for this album. Tracey Thorn was never just going to make another generic Christmas album to cash in on the holiday period, no, what Tracey has actually done is make possibly the best Christmas album that's ever been made. It is a complete antidote to Slade, The Pogues and every other terrible Christmas tune that we've been forced to endure every year for as long as I can remember.
Her voice is beautiful and the choice of material is perfect. Out of interest I listened to all tracks sang by the original artists and without exception she puts each of them to shame. It's a fitting testament that Joy, one of the most beautiful tracks on the album was written by Tracey herself, just to remind us that her writing ability is as good as song writers whose material is showcased on this album. A simply stunning album that gets better with every listen.

Lance Armstrong - 7 In A Row (2 Disc) [DVD]
Lance Armstrong - 7 In A Row (2 Disc) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Lance Armstrong
Offered by Special Interests

1.0 out of 5 stars Time to debunk the myth, 19 Oct. 2012
Shouldn't Amazon just remove all items related to Lance Armstrong's 'legendary' sporting achievements. Anyone with any doubts whatsoever that he was a cheat should read the secret race by Tyler Hamilton, himself a self confessed cheat and former team mate of Lance Armstrongs. Even better, just read the recently released 202 page report by USADA, it is as fascinating as any book on the Tour De France and will leave you in no doubt that Armstrong is a cheat, a liar and a manipulative bully.

Nania Cosmo SP ISOFIX Car Seat (Group 0-1) in Hatrix Blue
Nania Cosmo SP ISOFIX Car Seat (Group 0-1) in Hatrix Blue

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk, 5 Jun. 2012
I bought one of these only to find that a few months later the isofix mechanism wouldn't release so I couldn't get it out of the car for over 12 months. Eventually I had to grasp the bull by the horns and deal with this problem. After 3 hours which finally resulted in me cutting away the plastic side panel (with power tools) I managed to view the inner workings and using a coat hanger managed to free the slider mechanism which allowed the seat to move forward and release the isofix clamps. The seat of course was now scrap and went straight in the bin. Interestingly, the in laws bought exactly the same seat as me and we spent 2 hours trying to release the sliders before realising it was faulty, this was returned and immediately replaced but the in laws maintained all along that these seats were junk and I later found out they were right.

The Diet Delusion
The Diet Delusion
by Gary Taubes

5.0 out of 5 stars Should be mandatory reading for all GP's, 5 Jun. 2012
This review is from: The Diet Delusion (Paperback)
This isn't a fad diet book, it's the culmination of years of research and investigation by Taubes and is a book in which he can rightly be proud. No stone is left unturned in his search for the truth and anyone who has ever written a thesis or dissertation will recognise the quality of the work. This book should absolutely be required reading for doctors and GP's, the majority of whom, give poor dietary advice on a weekly basis and I suspect the majority of them would be horrified to discover that low fat, high carbohydrate diets actually contributes to weight gain and obesity rather than weight loss. This book is massive in its scope and content and I would highly recommend it for anyone who enjoys medical or science writing; if you don't and just want to understand why we get fat then read the slimmed down (no pun intended) version of this book which is coincidentally titled, 'Why we get fat and what to do about it.'

Stratton's War
Stratton's War
by Laura Wilson

2.0 out of 5 stars Dull as dishwater, 7 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Stratton's War (Paperback)
A promising start failed to develop into anything interesting. Threw the towel in after eight hours reading and decided life was too short. Who dunnit.... Who cares!

Employment Tribunal Claims: Tactics and Precedents
Employment Tribunal Claims: Tactics and Precedents
by Naomi Cunningham

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading and reference material., 21 Sept. 2011
This book quite literally saved my bacon at the 11th hour in court. I took the book with me to tribunal as the claimant in a whistleblowing case. The employment judge was about to throw my case out on a legal technicality, the technicality being that I'd named the respondent as the umbrella company for the business I work for. My contract of employment clearly stated that I worked for one of the subsidiary companies. The umbrella company never denied that I worked for them and returned an ET3 form fully admitting that I work for them despite what my contract of employment said. The judge's problem was that he couldn't make an award against a company who weren't named as my employer in my employment contract. He gave me 10 minutes out of court to consider my position. I scanned through the book to see if there was anything legally I could do and there it was... the tribunal have powers under section 10 of the procedural rules to make a late amendment on the ET1 form. I made this request and after almost a whole day of legal discussions my request was unanimously granted by all 3 panel members. If you are taking your own claim to tribunal then this book is essential reading and reference material.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 17, 2013 10:23 AM BST

Nania Cosmo SP Car Seat in Glacier (Black/Grey, 0 to 4 Years Car Seat)
Nania Cosmo SP Car Seat in Glacier (Black/Grey, 0 to 4 Years Car Seat)

1.0 out of 5 stars Seat looks fine, mechanism is cheap, poorly engineered junk, 18 July 2011

I Can Make You Thin
I Can Make You Thin
by Paul McKenna

1.0 out of 5 stars Might make you lighter but only in the wallet, 7 July 2011
This review is from: I Can Make You Thin (Paperback)
Absolute rubbish which pushes the incorrect hypothesis that obesity is due to psychological weakness; it isn't. Instead read 'Why we get fat' by Gary Taubes. You'll see as I did that Paul McKenna is one of many in the diet industry profiting from the gullible and the poorly informed.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 16, 2011 3:49 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2