Profile for Mr. P. M. Williams > Reviews

Content by Mr. P. M. Williams

Mr. P. M. Williams (London, England)

The Affair 'Macbeth' Mens T-shirt White (Large)
The Affair 'Macbeth' Mens T-shirt White (Large)

5.0 out of 5 stars The truth behind the legend, 11 April 2013
Contrary to popular belief, the world famous restaurant chain McDonald's did not originate as a barbecue restaurant in the 1940s, it's history in-fact runs much deeper.

Macbeth (written in 1606pm) was based on the barbaric Scottish lord Ronald McDonald (AKA McDeath), who raped the wealth from his people to build castles willy nilly about the land. His lack of reguard for well being caused great illness and suffering during his reign (1380 - 1605).

Known for his enormous size, McDonald was almost twice the weight of famous fatty Henry VIII.

His diet consisted of anything remotely edible that he could get his hands on. His signature dish was the 'Highland Patty', an enormous 5lb slab of mixed meats, followed by a loaf of bread with which he would wipe his face clean before eating. The King's poor taste and his impatience meant the quality of the meat varied and often came with flies.

In fear of copyright infringement, Shakespeare changed the name of his play 'McDeath' and so the historic connection with the burger chain was lost.

The Killing Strip
The Killing Strip
by Anthony Underhill

4.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 13 Mar. 2012
This review is from: The Killing Strip (Paperback)
This is a great read, rich in description, intrigue and variety.

A friend recommended this to me and I'm glad I didn't let the 1star review deter me...what was that all about?!?

The three separate stories are very different from each-other (although one of which helps to emphasize the dramatic history of Berlin where the main story is set). This made for a new and interesting reading experience for me.

I found it the perfect length and structure for my commute to and from work. Being split into bite-sized chapters kept a fast pace and me eager for more.

Griffin SmartTalk Headphone Adapter and Control Mic For iPhone and Mobile Phones

3.0 out of 5 stars Common frustrating fault, 10 Mar. 2011
It seems that most people are experiencing the same thing with the connection not being solid enough to withstand common use and quickly failing.

Before it goes faulty, it works well and the microphone is good...but it seems like the failure of the cable connection is inevitable.

What frustrates me is I've just ordered my second pair as there doesn't seem to be any alternative product out there. In this day and age, there's no excuse for this sort of fault, I'd happily pay more if Griffin would invest in stronger materials.

Fujifilm 2x 10 Shoots Mini Instax Film Pack
Fujifilm 2x 10 Shoots Mini Instax Film Pack
Offered by Camera Shot

5.0 out of 5 stars A little trouble with postage, quickly resolved., 5 Mar. 2011
The items were fine and arrived pretty quickly. The only slight problem was that only 3 turned up when I ordered 4 (these things happen).

When I contacted the seller, he quickly sorted the problem and sent the missing item out straight away.

Turtle Beach Ear Force PX21 (PS3)
Turtle Beach Ear Force PX21 (PS3)

5.0 out of 5 stars More than I was expecting, 7 Nov. 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
These headphones produce extremely good surround sound. The base is fantastic and the chat extremely clear.

I was so happy to find a proper pair of gaming headphones with a mic for the PS3. I don't understand why Sony only released the blue-tooth mic that is only for one ear.

I don't think you could get any better for the price.

2,286 Traditional Stencil Designs (Dover Pictorial Archive)
2,286 Traditional Stencil Designs (Dover Pictorial Archive)
by H. Roessing

3.0 out of 5 stars Be aware they are STENCILS, 12 April 2010
This book has some wonderful ornamental patterns and designs for any designer to use as a reference. The designs are copyright free which is great, but I didn't think that as they are all stencil designs there are loads of gaps in the work; making tracing etc a little more laborious.

Fantastic Ornaments (Dover Pictorial Archive)
Fantastic Ornaments (Dover Pictorial Archive)
by Lienard

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic design resource, 12 April 2010
Full of beautifully ornate period decorations; this book is full of useful elements for any designer.

Complete Encyclopedia of Illustration
Complete Encyclopedia of Illustration
by J. G. Heck

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic design resource, 24 Nov. 2009
This book is packed full of old Lithographic illustrations that make for a fantastic design resource.

How to Be Your Little Man's Dad: 365 Things to Do with Your Son (Life and Ministry of Jesus Christ)
by Dan Bolin

1.0 out of 5 stars Clutching at straws, 19 Dec. 2006
My best mate is about to have a son and I thought this would be a nice little present, it only had one review and seemed very promising. Alas, I found it was a load of cheesy patronising American twaddle like "tell your boy he is special" and "why not take him to the park" (these aren't the exact quotes, but I'm sure you get the picture).

If the author wanted to create a book with loads of useful tips, forget the struggle to come up with one a day for a year and just stick to say 100 really good ones. I'm sure there are bound to be some useful things in there somewhere, but I found it so naff that I had to stop reading after 6 quotes before I lost the will to live.