Profile for james bond > Reviews

james bond

Four Brothers
Four Brothers

1.0 out of 5 stars Trite, stereotypical, appalling., 16 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Four Brothers (DVD)
A terrible B movie. Trying to be a hard-man beat-the-gangsters movie, but it simply fails on every front. Positively the worst film we've rented on Amazon Lovefilm.

Touch And Go
Touch And Go

1.0 out of 5 stars Unfunny and unadventurous, 7 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Touch And Go (DVD)
Unfunny, unadventurous and snail-slow. This must have been made during Ealing's run-down period - the plot was flimsy, the film was clearly made on the cheap, and you knew exactly what would happen from the off. Did Jack Hawkins take the lead as a bet? We stuck at it through to the end - well, just 'because'. But I wish we hadn't bothered....

Flight
Flight

1.0 out of 5 stars Watch the first 15 minutes then go to bed, 20 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Flight (DVD)
The actual flight and what happens on it is riveting - but after that early start the film becomes tedious, drawn out, and dull. There's some unbelievable dialogue, unbelievable characters, and an unconvincing storyline. Sorry to be so negative - I don't usually write reviews, but was so disgruntled at the end of this (and somehow I stayed with it to the finish, though goodness knows why) that I felt I had to share my disenchantment. Mr Washington - what did you think you were doing.....

Caught On A Train
Caught On A Train

2.0 out of 5 stars Stuck in a film, 22 July 2014
This review is from: Caught On A Train (DVD)
Evocative of train travel in Europe in the late 70s/early 80s - but sadly the film itself is more slow stopper than express. The two main parts put in decent but effortless performances, but the rest of the cast are pretty unknown so I suspect the film wasa carriage (no pun intended) for Kitchen and Ashcroft. We spent the whole film waiting for something to happen. And when Kitchen says his station (and therefore the end of the film) is five minutes away, it was a welcome relief.

About Elly
About Elly
Dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars Good view of differing people's reactions in a crisis, 7 Mar. 2014
This review is from: About Elly (DVD)
The Amazon Lovefilm rental copy has English subtitles (thank goodness) - and so reveals a film that feels as if you're with the group of friends as the crisis evolves. Each of them reacts in different ways, as we all would.