Profile for Mr. Robert J. Price > Reviews

Content by Mr. Robert J. ...

Mr. Robert J. Price "Music Lovin'" (Sunderland, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Berghaus Men's Deluge Waterproof Overtrousers - Black, XX-Large/Regular
Berghaus Men's Deluge Waterproof Overtrousers - Black, XX-Large/Regular
Price: 33.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Untried yet but confident, based on their quality., 17 Aug 2014
Bought these to provide added protection for my plaster cast whilst on a mobility scooter and as luck had it... No rain. However thet fit well and match my previously purchased jacket. They wrap up small enough to carry about so I said feel that come winter I will get full use from them as I walk about building up my leg strength. They look good and as I said match my Berghaus jacket. Untried by confident that they will work out fine.

Alan Freeman's Classical Bits
Alan Freeman's Classical Bits
Offered by Media Vortex
Price: 17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories of Fluff Freeman's Classical Bits, 2 July 2014
I always remember those small snippets that Alan Freeman used on his shows. When I saw this CD I had to have it to go beside his rock and pop collections. Great introduction to classical music.

Ships in Troubled Waters
Ships in Troubled Waters
by Nigel Harris
Price: 10.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Ships In Troubled Waters, told with the right personal balance., 7 Jun 2014
Having read many books over the years about offshore radio and Radio Caroline I can honestly said this was the most enjoyable. I took it on holiday to read over the seven day period, but had it finished in three. I found it had a wider balanced scope than many such books, by not being a purely historic accout, but one that also brought in other personal aspects and events that added to the overall picture of life on the high seas and ashore. Highly recommended.

Rad Gumbo: The Complete Warner Bros. Years 1971-1990
Rad Gumbo: The Complete Warner Bros. Years 1971-1990
Price: 35.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Fat Man in the Sun, 5 May 2014
A fine collection by a fine band. Perfect music for a warm summer evening with a few cold beer and friends.

100 Hits - Acoustic
100 Hits - Acoustic
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good selection., 3 April 2014
This review is from: 100 Hits - Acoustic (Audio CD)
Another good selection of music. If you do own a number of these compilations you will get the odd repeat, but not enough to worry about. This along with its brothers and sisters are a great way to have a varied selection of music in the car. Highly recommended.

The Beatles In Mono
The Beatles In Mono
Price: 168.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to Mono, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Beatles In Mono (Audio CD)
This is a five star boxed set with out a doubt.

Having bought the stereo box set and resisted this set due to the cost, I waited until the price dropped slightly and the piggy bank was a bit heavier. That time arrived and the hammer was quickly got out.

First listen was to Sgt. Pepper and having bought the original vinyl LP in mono this was like revisiting an old school friend and finding them not a year older and just as much fun... the run off track is there too. I now know the real meaning behind Ringo's "Back to Mono" badge. A solid sound-scape where all the musical instruments fit like a well crafted jigsaw with no gaps or loose pieces floating about.

I am about to embark on a real journey of both rediscovery and discovery as everything up to Sgt. Pepper was first heard and taken to my heart in mono and everything after was first heard in stereo, so my mouth is watering at the expectations of hearing these in mono. I fear in the latter there may be points where the stereo versions are the ones that hold the most joy, and that is as expected from a band the went from four lovable Liverpool pop mop tops to a creative force that opened the flood gates.

The packaging is created to mimic the original LPs with inserts and paper inner sleeves (with added protective wallets for both the mini LP covers and CDs themselves.

Only problem now is I need a new piggy bank, I forgot, in my excitement, about the removable plug underneath.

1962 British Hit Parade Part 1: January to June
1962 British Hit Parade Part 1: January to June
Price: 19.71

1.0 out of 5 stars Why No 1963 Version, 9 Jan 2014
I will give the previous editions five stars as they covered the hit parades perfectly. I was waiting in anticipation all year for the next edition, 1963, the year that music rally changed, but nothing... could this a direct result of the changes in EU law that protects recordings beyond the previous 50 years limit.

This is a shame as this series over the years could have built into the greatest archive of British popular music that would be affordable to the general public. just imagine the rise of the Beatles, Stones, Kinks, The Who, etc and the rise of RnB/Soul,Rock,the singer songwriter, etc.

A sad loss.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 6, 2014 2:04 PM GMT

2 small 36 inch pool /snooker cues & 4 x 11mm screw on cue tips
2 small 36 inch pool /snooker cues & 4 x 11mm screw on cue tips
Offered by iqgamesroom
Price: 16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for kids, 11 July 2013
Bought these to replace the one cue we owned that began to split. Kids love them and each having their own led to a quieter life. No more fighting over the single cue. Perfect.

Easy Rider [Blu-ray] [2009] [Region Free]
Easy Rider [Blu-ray] [2009] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Peter Fonda
Price: 7.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic film, 11 July 2013
Went to see this film when it fist came out, bought the video, DVD and now the Blu-Ray. Time hasn't been kind to the film, the old hippy dream of the open road and communal living isn't very appealing anymore and drug pushing isn't heroic. The film however is a landmark, the way it was filmed, the soundtrack and the bikes are still an eye (and ear) opener. Good memories of one younger years.

PURE Canvas Carry Case for PURE ONE Mi Radio
PURE Canvas Carry Case for PURE ONE Mi Radio
Price: 17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, but..., 11 July 2013
Bought this to compliment my Pure One Mi Mk2 DAB radio. It is a almost perfect cover, but for one small design fault. Reading through some of the other comments on the actual radio, Mk1 mustn't have had an headphone socket. This case must have been designed for that model as the hole on the side is big enough for the charger socket, but not for the headphone socket. It's a very small fault and one that can easily overcome with some scissors or a modellors knife, but something for Pure to look at. In one of my previous post I mentioned that the thin sound of the unit could be improved by blocking up the holes on the back, I used black electricians tape, but this cover does the job for you. Good cover, good fit and we'll worth the money... Only that one little design fault, but still five star product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4