Profile for RedReader > Reviews

Content by RedReader

RedReader (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Finding Us (True Love Trilogy Book 2)
Finding Us (True Love Trilogy Book 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars The Will They Won't They Immaturity Gets Old, 26 Jan. 2015
I really enjoyed the first book. This is more of the same. Immature El and Jag basically begging and pleading for forgiveness for the majority of the book. It got old quickly. In fact, by the end of this book I found El and Jag and their relationship so annoying that I definitely won't be buying the third. From the synopsis it is more of the same. No thanks!

Gable (The Powers That Be Book 1)
Gable (The Powers That Be Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Cute and Fun, 25 Jan. 2015
I really enjoyed this book. I just was a very cute story of two kids in college meeting and getting to know one another.
I must say that the beginning, in my humble opinion, is the weakest part of this book. Progressively the book gets better and better.
Well worth reading!

Existing
Existing

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully Written, 25 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Existing (Kindle Edition)
I feel that I must warn other readers that this book deals heavily and from start to finish with abuse- verbal and physical. It was very difficult to read those scenes. And to be honest, if I had realised the book would be like that I would not have bought it and read it.
Saying that, I am glad that I was unaware. The story and writing is beautiful. The characters are wonderfully written. You weep along with her characters they permeate your soul so much.
Overall, this book is a extremely well written YA coming of age novel. The joy is that unlike many novels where you only witness the growth and maturity of the main character, in this novel Beckie Stevenson shows it to you with four or five characters.
Looking forward to the sequel.

Sorrow Woods
Sorrow Woods

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Bright Stars for Sorrow Woods, 24 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Sorrow Woods (Kindle Edition)
Wow! What a wonderful book. Like nothing I have ever read which made it such a treat to read. I finished Noah and me before this, another book by Beckie Stevenson and thought I would give this one a go as I loved her writing style. SO glad that I did.
The story of Serena and Elodie is for me what makes this book. As much as I enjoyed kaiden-their romance was a sub plot to the the whole story of Serena herself which I found to be fascinating.
I agree completely with a previous reviewer- This would make an AMAZING movie.

Noah and Me
Noah and Me

5.0 out of 5 stars A Joy To Read, 23 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Noah and Me (Kindle Edition)
Wow! Am I ever glad that I have this author and book a try.
It is beautifully written. And the two main characters- Ariel and Noah are so well thought out and fully written three dimensional characters (something that is sadly lacking in many books today) that it felt like a privilege to join them on their journey.
Will definitely be recommending this author and book to others.

Fatalism (Life. Destiny. Fate Book 1)
Fatalism (Life. Destiny. Fate Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Repetitive, 22 Jan. 2015
This book would have been so much better if the characters had either not gotten together as solidly or quickly as they did or if they had stayed broken up for longer.
It begins with two characters who on paper come off like they are going to be bursting with wit and chemistry.
While the chemistry is there the wit is not. Instead we get a snivelling quite pathetic man and an equally snivelling and pathetic woman. What happened to the strong sassy characters in the first scene at the club. Disappointed as the book really let me down.

Fighter
Fighter

5.0 out of 5 stars Non-stop action and romance, 20 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Fighter (Kindle Edition)
Tijan does chemistry between characters better than 90% of other romance authors. Every single book just oozes of it, making them leaps and bounds better.
Taking that chemistry with the constant non-stop action of this book and you have a winner.

Don't Let Go (The Invisibles)
Don't Let Go (The Invisibles)

4.0 out of 5 stars A Sweet Love Story, 19 Jan. 2015
Overall this is a very straight forward sweet love story.
The two main characters- Sadie and Brady- although different in appearance actually fit together perfectly. They end up together quite quickly and become serious even quicker.
That might be my only complaint about this book. It was a tad boring at times. When a couple gets together by the 30% mark- what really is there for a reader to hang on for? Also, the dialogue lacked tension which is a MUST in any good book.
This book would be SO much better if those two things were changed.
Overall, a decent story though.

DEBT
DEBT

3.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 Stars, 17 Jan. 2015
This review is from: DEBT (Kindle Edition)
Overall, minus quite a few spelling mistakes, this book is well written.
I just found the overall storyline to be beyond disturbing. It contains repeated rape scenes, violence, verbal abuse, etc. so much of it could have been toned down and the story would have been the same.
The characters also really needed to be flushed out more. Yes, we have the back story constantly through '14 years ago' flashbacks, but having present day three dimensional characters would have really enhanced the story.
I did enjoy the constant theme of karma and retribution. You see it with the three main characters and it is carried out to the end of the book which was interesting.
Overall decent, but would not recommended it.

Dirty Rowdy Thing (Wild Seasons series Book 2)
Dirty Rowdy Thing (Wild Seasons series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Even Better Than The First Book, 14 Jan. 2015
Ugh- where do I even begin. The writing of this book was so well done. Harlow and Finn were such well written characters. Their banter and wit made them so enjoyable to read and so loveable together. It was one of those perfect combinations.
I have read three or four of the Beautiful Bastard series and the overall writing improved to a noticeable degree in this book.
Absolutely LOVING this series. Bring on Ollie and Lola!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20