Profile for Zeppelin94 > Reviews

Christmas Time [7" VINYL]
Christmas Time [7" VINYL]
Offered by HardToFindRecords

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant single and beautifully packaged, 22 May 2014
This review is from: Christmas Time [7" VINYL] (Vinyl)
In my opinion one of the greatest Christmas songs of all time. This picture disc is beautiful to look at and it sounds brilliant too.

Like all picture disc's though, it's quite hard to set the needle down in the grooves, be careful that you don't blunt your stylus.

Shrine of New Generation Slaves [VINYL]
Shrine of New Generation Slaves [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars A Triumph of Prog, 22 May 2014
This album is most certainly a grower, but listening to it several times pays off in a very big way. What Riverside have managed to achieve can be paralleled to the albums produced by the progressive rock masters of the 70s.

This is a concept album that is neither pretentious or overblown, the lyrics are powerful and moving, and all the musicians are at the absolute top of their game, particularly the organ player, who, having seen the band live, I can say absolutely stole the show.

This album is definitely worth buying on Vinyl. The depth of the sound is fantastic, especially on opening track, when the guitar riff kicks in- it's just incredible.

EZ Whip 8 gram N2O Whip Cream Chargers (50)
EZ Whip 8 gram N2O Whip Cream Chargers (50)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and hardly any duds, 22 May 2014
These are simply brilliant chargers. The price is very reasonable and having shopped around, I would recommend these over chargers sold by other sellers as there are hardly any duds (I only had about 2 in the whole box).

Voyage 34 [VINYL]
Voyage 34 [VINYL]
Offered by marvelio-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars A most remarkable sometimes incoherent record, 22 May 2014
This review is from: Voyage 34 [VINYL] (Vinyl)
A brilliant album which I am very happy to now own on vinyl. Very different to the later, better known Porcupine Tree records, and different again from any of Steven Wilson's solo ventures and other products.

This record is more trance, psychedelic space rock, which samples heavily from artists from Pink Floyd to Van Der Graaf Generator. If you are interested in music of the psychedelic kind then you will love it. I am a fan of all the Porcupine Tree albums but I can see why some may not be too keen on this album.

It is nonetheless a remarkable and beautiful piece of music that takes you on a long, spectacular journey and challenges perceptions on drugs and drug culture.

The sound quality is absolutely pristine too. This is the sort of record that makes the very most of the vinyl player, the differences between the vinyl version and the digital version are striking.

The Raven That Refused To Sing (And Other Stories) [VINYL]
The Raven That Refused To Sing (And Other Stories) [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars What an album! A musical masterpiece, 1 Dec 2013
Best album this year for me, heard it on CD first and loved it so much I bought the vinyl later. Saw Steven's Royal Albert hall show and the band were note-perfect.

Nobody else is making music quite like Steven Wilson, and this makes him one of my very favourite artists. I was previously a little sceptical of his solo project, feeling that he never quite reached the heights of the Porcupine Tree catalogue, but this album has changed my mind.

There are so many moods in this album, the title track in particularly is so sad and haunting, it never fails to make the hairs stick up on the back of my neck.

Carry on making amazing music Steven! And to anyone who hasn't heard this yet, you don't know what you are missing until you have a listen- a musical masterpiece.

We Need Medicine
We Need Medicine
Offered by Bee-Entertained

4.0 out of 5 stars Wicked comeback, it grew on me, 1 Dec 2013
This review is from: We Need Medicine (Audio CD)
We Need Medicine! Is a really nice comeback album for the Fratellis, I felt that the lyrics were meaningful and the tunes were catchy.

Beats Here We Stand for me, but does lag behind Costello Music which was just fantastic. Ghost Town, Seven Nights Seven Days, We Need Medicine in particular are classic Fratellis songs, up-beat, catchy and memorable. Went to see the band live after hearing the album and they didn't dissappoint, would recommend.

100 units Cream chargers nitrous oxide N2O. Compatible Mosa, Liss, ISI, MASTRAD, ICO, BESTWHIP, KAYSER and others.
Offered by E 4 Emporium Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Best value chargers, 1 Dec 2013
Best value cream charges I could find. They are pretty compatible with the von shef dispenser I have, but sometimes there are a few duds, not sure if this is the fault of this product or the dispenser.

Will buy from this seller again though just based on the great value.

VonShef 0.5 Litre Whipped Cream Dispenser in Red with Extra Nozzles and Cleaning Brush with FREE Charger
Offered by Designer Habitat

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value, but can be faulty, 1 Dec 2013
This product is very well priced, but you get what you pay for in terms of quality.

cartridges don't always work in this dispenser, I have found it is best to hold the cartridge against the pin and then screw the top down slowly. A couple of times using the dispenser, the cartridges didn't release the gas into the chamber until I unscrewed the top, I must have wasted about 5 or 6 cartridges before it worked again.

I Hope this review is helpful.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 3, 2014 7:35 PM GMT