Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Burkina Faso)

DFC Library: Good Dog, Bad Dog
DFC Library: Good Dog, Bad Dog
by Dave Shelton
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 9 April 2010
This collection of Good Dog Bad Dog stories would be great for any child (or adult!). It's beautifully coloured and laugh out loud funny in parts. The plot-lines are cleverly constructed - my favourite was 'The Golden Bone'. Highly recommended.

Solar
Solar
by Ian McEwan
Price: 15.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than salt and vinegar crisps, 27 Mar 2010
This review is from: Solar (Hardcover)
Fantastic cover with a great story inside. The comedy is wonderful, the science is interesting, the message is profound. McEwan makes it look easy, but it's HARD to write something this good. He deserves credit and lots of awards!

Pest-Stop Electronic Rat Killer
Pest-Stop Electronic Rat Killer
Price: 37.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Bye-bye mice, 3 Jan 2010
We've had a mouse problem in the house for weeks. I ordered the Triptrap humane mousetrap from Amazon and it caught a few mice but then they seemed to get wise to it and wouldn't enter whatever tasty bait we put in there. So acting on recommendations of the more expensive Electronic Rat Killer, I ordered this product. The first one I was sent didn't work at all. It wouldn't even switch on. But thanks to Amazon's excellent returns policy, we had another unit within days - and this one is working great. It has killed 3 mice in as many days, and we no longer hear scratching at night. I am daring to believe that the mice may be no more...

Live Catch Humane Trip Trap Mouse Trap
Live Catch Humane Trip Trap Mouse Trap
Offered by Mr Pets
Price: 5.08

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointing, 22 Dec 2009
We have lots of mice in our house, and they drive us crazy. I bought this trap hoping to trap them humanely. To its credit, we did catch three mice over a period of a week or so, but since then nothing - it's like the mice have got wise to the trap and just ignore it (we know we still have lots because they leave droppings). A variety of baits and positions has left us disappointed, so I'm now going for the more expensive electronic rat catcher.

Harare North
Harare North
by Brian Chikwava
Price: 11.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Darkly comic, 11 Sep 2009
This review is from: Harare North (Hardcover)
I loved this book! Sure, the idiosyncratic grammar takes a bit of getting used to, but it's worth persevering. The narrator is well drawn and has a really interesting voice. I was sorry when the book finished. It's very funny but also heart-rending. Highly recommended.