ARRAY(0xafa441a4)

Page: 1 | 2
Philips CSS2123/05 60W Sound Bar Home Cinema Speaker - Black/Silver
Philips CSS2123/05 60W Sound Bar Home Cinema Speaker - Black/Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value budget soundbar, 2 Jan 2014
I'd been wanting a surround sound system for a while, but our lounge is not set up for one (TV is in the corner)and the price was limiting our options. We decided to opt for a sound bar instead, and whilst the budget ones would not provide an immersive surround sound I knew it would improve things.

Other reviews are pretty accurate so there's not too much extra I can say. We're using an optical cable and the sound is excellent. Like another reviewer said ignore the 'surround' option, it's better without it. The separate bass speaker gives a wonderful depth to the sound, and the bar makes us realise how lacking the TV speakers are!

It fits discreetly beneath our TV and the on lights don't intrude at all. the only drawback is the size of the remote, we're going to have to try really hard not to lose it, it's tiny!

For the price this is an excellent sound bar. I got it for 70 from Electrical Bargains on Amazon. Apparantly a return or repair but we can't tell at all. Very quick delivery too.

5 Star Tailors Shears 210mm
5 Star Tailors Shears 210mm
Offered by Quickdraw Stationery UK
Price: 3.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent scissors, 24 Nov 2012
I bought these scissors for cutting fabric and went on what other customer reviews said about them. These scissors are excellent, well made, sharp, and cut perfectly and evenly even through quite thick fabrics. Bargain buy!

HTC Desire HD Battery
HTC Desire HD Battery
Offered by Glitzy Gizmos
Price: 5.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, 18 Oct 2012
Excellent battery, great to have full power back to my HTC phone. The original one was losing power so quickly especially after reaching 50%. This one lasted 3 days after the first charge, fantastic!

19" LCD TV DVD COMBI FREEVIEW (SAMSUNG SCREEN)
19" LCD TV DVD COMBI FREEVIEW (SAMSUNG SCREEN)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the price, 24 Sep 2012
I bought this on the basis of another shoppers review, and they weren't wrong.
The tv comes with the base attached and it does not turn, but that's not really an issue. Set up is easy, and the quality of the screen is excellent. Good contrast and clarity. The sound isn't fantastic, it seems to come from speakers in the back of the tv but I've heard worse and for a bedroom set it's fine.
The dvd player works fine. It is noisy when it ejects/loads a disc but is silent once in and being used. I think it's just the loading mechanism.
The remote is really user friendly, very easy to understand and use.
The EPG is good and clear, only thing I don't like is that there isn't a viewing panel to watch what's on whilst viewing the EPG. Again not a big issue for the bedroom tv. You can set a timer for programmes later in the day too.
The USB port works well, I've watched a tv series from a USB stick and it was as good as watching a DVD.
In all a great second tv for the price. No need to buy branded.

Fiskars Weed Puller
Fiskars Weed Puller
Price: 22.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing! something that gets rid of dandelions!, 27 May 2012
This is one awesome gadget! It's so easy to use and I cleared my garden in no time. Ok so it leaves the root behind if the weed is very established but I'd much rather spend 2 minutes every now and again using the weed puller than digging up my whole garden.

It can leave divots in your garden but if done in dry weather just give the weed a little shake and the soil comes away. Pop that back into the hole and hey presto!

Handy Silver Chrome Stainless Steel Metal Bar Finger Bottle Cap Top Opener Keyring By AoE Performance
Offered by FANCYTHAT
Price: 1.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Super little gadget and a funky ring to boot, 27 May 2012
This is a great little gadget! I like big chunky rings and this fits the bill, plus it's really handy! I thought I'd just use it at festivals but I've ended up wearing it contstantly. It takes a bit of practice to master opening bottles - after the first night of opening about 8 bottles I got a bruise on my finger, but the next time I'd got the technique right so now it's not a problem at all.

PORTABLE TOILET FOR CAMPING/FISHING FOLDING+ 6 BAGS NEW
PORTABLE TOILET FOR CAMPING/FISHING FOLDING+ 6 BAGS NEW
Offered by Zoozio Tv
Price: 14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Super gadget, 10 July 2011
This is a must for any camper. We used it at a festival and it was perfect for my husband and I for those nightly trips. Comfortable to sit on (like a normal loo seat) and not too bulky to carry.

Simply Stencil Spray - Textured White
Simply Stencil Spray - Textured White
Offered by Pearls Drycleaners Ltd
Price: 8.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent if you follow the instructions exactly, 10 July 2011
This product is superb. It really does come out looking like a screen printing. However you do have to follow their intructions exactly.

I had lots of black tshirts to put designs onto and this product claimed to show up clearly on black. It did. You have be very careful with sticking down all parts of your stencil (I used masking tape) and covering everything around the spray area (I got through lots of newspaper). You then spray, starting off the stencil area, and move in a sweeping motion with the trigger held firmly down. I found shaking the can between sprays very beneficial.

If you are only doing a few small designs then this can be very effective. I used the spray pretty sparsly as I had a lot of large designs to do. This meant some of my work was patchy, but for my purpose it didnt matter too much. If you have lots of time and spray then it will come out perfectly.

I also tried some of the silver and gold onto the black tshirts. These were easier to use as they didn't come out looking so patchy if sparsly used. The glitter was superb and in some ways was better than the white!

An excellent product, I'll definitely be using this in the future. to those who got uneven blobby sprays - you need to shake the can between each use, clean the nozzle after each spray, and hold the trigger as far as it can go. Spray in a sweeping motion instead of just on the area you want covered. There's a good demo video on their web site.

Only down side was that there's not a huge amount in each can, specially when over half of it gets sprayed over newpaper.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars No quite what I wanted, 11 Jun 2011
They do hide any embarassing erect nipples but they end up making you look like your boobs are a really odd shape. They might not be too bad on people with smaller chests but on a pair of H's they stick out too much. Shame.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Super comfy and smart, 11 Jun 2011
Lovely good quality pyjamas. Fit nice and snug and are smart looking without being revealing or too sexy looking. Only gripe is that the sleeves are a little tight around the bicep but I guess I might have chubby arms!

Page: 1 | 2