Profile for Mr D Cross > Reviews

Mr D Cross

Speedo Elite Pullbuoy
Speedo Elite Pullbuoy

4.0 out of 5 stars Fit for purpose, 24 Aug 2012
This review is from: Speedo Elite Pullbuoy (Sports)
I am a keen swimmer and swim most mornings. As I tend to do a lot of running and cycling I decided to use a pull buoy when I swim to concentrate the workout on my arms, shoulders and back.

This pull buoy sits nicely between my thighs and stays in place with very little effort, after a few lengths you forget that it is there and are able to concentrate on your stroke and getting the lengths done. I use mine most mornings and it has not started to deteriorate as some floats do but I do rinse it thoroughly in the shower to clean the float of chemicals.

A point to be aware of is this product is red and not the blue and grey as shown.

Ampro Pro Speed Rope 9ft
Ampro Pro Speed Rope 9ft
Offered by Ampro Direct
Price: 7.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Fit for purpose, 24 Aug 2012
I have only been skipping for about 2 months as I know its a good fat burner and way to get a sweat on. I had been using a friends rope but as he is taller than me I wasn't having much success as previously I didn't realise that you need to get the correct rope length in order for the rope to hit the ground at the correct spot and enable you to keep going. I am 5 ft 7 inch and I have found that the 9 ft rope is spot on. Now instead of having to restart all the time I am able to skip for an extended period of time before I feel fatigued.

The rope itself is good quality. The handles are small and easy to hold and the rope can be made shorter if needed by pulling it through the handles and tying it off. I tend to skip outside and although you can tell that the rope is hitting the ground as it has taken off some of the coating the ropes strength itself has not been affected.

All around a good rope.

Suunto Core  - All Black
Suunto Core - All Black
Offered by RSHamilton
Price: 177.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit for purpose, 13 Aug 2012
I have been looking at purchasing one of these for a while now and have in the past made do with my trusty G-Shock. I finally took the plunge after researching the product on numerous wed sites and reviews from friends and colleagues. Now I have got it I won't go back.

I am currently serving in Afghanistan and I have found it a necessary bit of kit to have with me before going out on the ground. I have seen plenty of reviews questioning the display and I can say that even in the bright sunlight I have had no problems reading the time, the display is big and clear and can be read at a glance. The compass has come in handy on a number of occasions although I do double and triple check this using a GPS and standard compass but it has never given me a false reading. The sunset / rise alarm has been useful when out on the ground and lets me know when to either stop or get going. The altimeter application hasn't really had much use but the couple of times I have been up in the mountains it has given a similar reading to the GPS so the figures are accurate. The thermometer doesn't really get used apart from to tell me that it is ridiculously hot during the day and cold at night something I am all to aware of already. The watch is comfortable to wear and doest rub on the skin and is easily cleaned.

All round a great watch with many uses on the job and I am sure I will have use for it when I return to the UK. I would recommend this watch to both military and civilian personal.