Profile for Lazarus > Reviews

Content by Lazarus

Lazarus "bartokduo"

Arendo - stainless steel-glass kettle with blue interior LED-illumination | stainless steel-glass body| STRIX-controller | integrated chalk filter | 1,7 litres | 2200W | automatic shut-off | One-Touch-closure
Offered by CSL-Computer

4.0 out of 5 stars Great customer service, 13 Aug. 2015
These are nice kettles. I bought one for home and one for my room at work. I chose the item mainly because reviews for so many other kettles complain of a bad taste. That is not a problem with this one. It looks good, boils quickly and is solidly made.

As you will see from other reviews, some of these kettles stop working after a few months but this shouldn't necessarily put you off. When one of mine stopped working after three months, I contacted CSL-Computer at this email address (which I'd found in their reply to another reviewer who'd had the same experience as me)
amazonfeedback@csl-computer.com.

I was impressed to find that they arranged for a free return and despatched a replacement kettle immediately without waiting for the broken one to arrive. Two days later the new kettle arrived from Germany. The company is aware of this problem and they want to examine the broken kettles in order to find out how to cure the problem. Unfortunately, some people take the replacement kettle without returning the broken one, despite the free return label. So, if you buy this kettle and if you have to return it, you will get prompt service and I encourage you to return it so that the manufacturers can perfect the design of this kettle.

BLACK+DECKER 300W Strimmer GL310
BLACK+DECKER 300W Strimmer GL310

1.0 out of 5 stars HOW DO YOU GET THIS THING TO WORK???, 12 Jun. 2015
Many other reviewers, like me, find that the cord keeps cutting off after 5 seconds and the alleged bump mechanism doesn't work. Several reviewers write of chucking away this piece of junk in frustration. Yet many other reviewers say they use this with no problem and give it five star ratings. So those like me must be doing something wrong. My question is addressed to those 5 star reviewers (or maybe somebody from the company with technical knowledge):

Please explain to us what we're doing wrong.
Why does the cord keep cutting off so quickly?
Why does the bump mechanism not work?
And, most importantly, what can we do to make it work like the 5 star reviewers?

Thanking you in anticipation!

If your advice helps me to get this to work as well as it does for you, I'll update my review to 5 stars!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars STRONG YELLOW TINT - BUYER BEWARE!, 24 July 2013
Amazon 5 stars Dell 0 stars

If you are reading this, I assume that, like me, your purchasing decision is strongly influenced by customer reviews, sharing the bad experience as well as the good. I read good reviews of this monitor - but they were of a different spec than the monitors now shipping. I also noticed on Amazon UK a 2 star review by R1134 warning of a colour tinting problem with the REV A00 models now shipping (I suggest you check out that review now). I asked Amazon about this; they checked the boxes they were shipping and they told me theirs were REV A00 (do a websearch to find out about the problems with these old models which Dell are now shipping again). I contacted Dell with a pre-purchase question about this, saying I didn't want a REV A00 model with faulty colours. They assured me they were only shipping the latest versions so I bought one from them. What do I receive from Dell? A REV A00 model with strong yellow tint - text on white background looks like tea has been spilled over the paper. Colour in photos is far too inaccurate for any image editing. I've received two of these monitors and, like other customers, BOTH of them have this yellow problem. I have tried them connected to Dell computers and to my new Lenovo.

I have been in protracted correspondence with Dell (for two months) who are well aware of what they refer to as the "yellow tint issue" but they are doing nothing about it and still sending out these defective screens to customers. I tried posting my experience in a review on the Dell website but Dell did not publish it, still claiming on the review page for this model that "100% of customers recommend this". Be aware that the reviews on the Dell website are censored; they don't publish the ones they don't like. The T&C for posting reviews includes this: "Dell reserves the right to remove or to refuse to post any submission for any reason." I have taken this up with several layers of Dell management, pointing out that they are deliberately misleading their customers by claiming this, but they still refuse to post either of the reviews I have submitted. So you are now reading the review that Dell didn't want you to see!

The monitor has a good stand and some people have received versions of this monitor which had good picture and colour but if you order now you will get a REV A00 screen. I don't recommend it unless you are colour blind or love yellow (over everything). After two months of protracted correspondence with Dell, I found them to be evasive, arrogant and eventually threatening. I can't trust them and I think their business practices are very poor. The last four computers I bought were from Dell (and printer, accessories) but I would never buy from them again. This month I bought a new Lenovo laptop from Amazon.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 7, 2013 6:21 PM BST

Speedo Men's Essential Classic Aquashort - Black, 32"
Speedo Men's Essential Classic Aquashort - Black, 32"

3.0 out of 5 stars Advice for the gentleman purchaser, 15 Feb. 2012
I offer these words in response to the photograph used on this page to illustrate this item at the time of writing (February 2012). It appears to be modelled by a woman (due to the complete absence of any external genitalia). She has the long legs of Barbie but lacks even the modest bulge of Ken. This costume is a perfect fit for her.

But any potential gentleman purchaser should be advised that no concession to the male form has been made in the design of this garment. If you are accustomed to wearing trunks or briefs with space for all you might need to keep in them, you would be mistaken in assuming that would be the case here. The stretchy material pulls tightly over any appendages, displaying them in all their glory (or otherwise), highlighting every contour. Other reviewers have hinted at the mild arousal this may induce during repeated leg movements while swimming. Any potential consequence of this would be all too evident to anyone else present, due to the cling-film nature of this costume.

They are slightly more comfortable if worn backwards but that option may not suit all users. I have not yet road-tested these trunks in the sea but the combination of cold water and the strength of the elastic pull on the gonads might force them to seek refuge inside.

The current fashion for swimming in knee breeches or baggy pantaloons strikes me as impractical, uncomfortable and ridiculous. It implies a return to the modesty of the Victorian era which seems completely at odds with the lack of morality in contemporary sexual behaviour.

I had assumed that the apparent boxer-short design of this costume would appear more discreet than the conventional cod-piece brief-style trunks but I have found the reverse to be true. If your intention is to prove your gender to potential spectators beyond any possible doubt, then these are the trunks for you.

June 2013: I note that they have now changed the photograph for this item to one which features a model of the appropriate gender. At least the new picture will help you assess whether there will be enough space in this little piece of elastic for you to store all you need to put in it.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 5, 2015 2:55 PM BST