I have had this for about one month.
1. Don't position it near a central heating outlet as the steam will switch it on.
2. Don't position it close to ivy or trees as they will switch it on.
3. On a sunny day - the sun will blind the camera - as it will shine directly into it.
4. The instructions warn you not to take the sd card out if the camera is recording, but it is almost impossible to get near the nightwatcher without it coming on automatically. I took the sd card out while it was recording and it corrupted the sd card. It would not reformat and I had to throw it away.
5. The sd card supplied was only 2 GB. This may be ok it the camera only switches on two or three times a day, but get a larger SD card for anything more - they are quite cheap.
6. Don't try to switch it off with a bamboo cane - I did and the cane went into the switch off button and broke it.
7. It needs to be positioned some distance from the area you want secure otherwise you will not be able to tilt the angle of the camera low enough.
8. The camera detects the thief and switches on, but then immediately scans the other areas, only giving a fraction of a second on the thief.
9. If the thief is moving then the immage is slightly blurred. If the camera then moves, then the immage is just one blur and you will not be able to recognise the thief.
10. The thief needs to be within 4m (12ft) of the camera, otherwise the light will not be able to reach him. The light, however, is dazzlingly bright - too bright to welcome visitors.
11. The camera should be positioned between 2m and 3m above ground. This would allow the thief to switch it off, and disconnect it, to sell in the neaarest pub.
Everything else. We put one near our front door, and turned the camera to people watch in the street, rather than scan the front door. Better than watching telly. Nightwatcher NW500 LED Robotic Security Light, Black