Profile for Lynnie > Reviews

Content by Lynnie

Lynnie "Lynnie" (Aberdeen, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
FS0001PBK00, Black, One Size, Ever Pretty Fashion Soft Chiffon Shawl Scarf 0001P
Offered by Ever Pretty Uk

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 30 Jun. 2014
decent quality but not long enough to sit comfortable as an evening shawl

SODIAL(R) 100 Large Single Clear Cupcake Pod Cake Muffin Cases
SODIAL(R) 100 Large Single Clear Cupcake Pod Cake Muffin Cases
Offered by PGTA

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't stay closed, 30 Jun. 2014
On first sight I thought these were great, but actually the majority of the items would not clip shut and I had to run home for seloptape so they would stay closed

Chef [DVD]
Chef [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jon Favreau

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Heartwarming, 30 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Chef [DVD] (DVD)
I love this movie, It is joyous and fun and has a fantastic soundtrack. It has the usual Favreau quickfire buddy dialogue and has some great one liners. Robert Downey Junior is a little too off the wall for me but it's still a great movie!

Lowcountry Boil (A Liz Talbot Mystery Book 1)
Lowcountry Boil (A Liz Talbot Mystery Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly entertaining, 5 May 2013
If it weren't for the blatant product placement this would be the ideal summer holiday read. Once I got started I couldn't put this down. Liz is a funny, feisty character and I really hope there will be more of these books coming soon.

Jiro Dreams Of Sushi [DVD]
Jiro Dreams Of Sushi [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jiro Ono
Offered by Revival Books Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Haunting, beautiful and funny, 5 May 2013
This review is from: Jiro Dreams Of Sushi [DVD] (DVD)
I saw this in the theatre and then haunted Amazon until it came out so I could buy it. One if the most beautiful and haunting films you'll see. Jiro and his sons are so engaging you get totally caught up in their world. The movie speaks of family and sustainability and craft in I way I have never seen anywhere else. Eve though the subject is quite serious and could have been heavy going in the wrong hands the movie has an endearing warmth and humour that is utterly captivating. I couldn't stop thinking about this film and it still stays with me all these months later.

The Prophet (The Graveyard Queen Series, Book 3)
The Prophet (The Graveyard Queen Series, Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Another good Read, 5 May 2013
I enjoyed this just as much as the first two books in the Graveyard Queen series, and yet again I finished it desperate to find out what happens next.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Dress, 5 May 2013
This dress is well made, fits really nicely and travels beautifully. I took it out of the case and put it on a hanger and all of the creases from being packed dropped right out overnight.

I think this dress is brilliant value for money and has a really lovely retro vibe without being at all tarty. It looks equally good with or without a net peticoat but I loved the way it looked with my red one peeking from underneath. I would highly recommend this if you want to look special and can't afford to break the bank.

August Rush [DVD]
August Rush [DVD]
Dvd ~ Freddie Highmore
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars Who needs realism?!, 1 May 2008
This review is from: August Rush [DVD] (DVD)
The story is totally implausible, Robin Williams is completely miscast and painful to watch and yet this is still one of the most beautiful and uplifting movies I have seen in a long time.

I went online and ordered the soundtrack about 30 minutes into it. If you enjoyed the music check out Newton Faulkner's 'Hand Built by Robots' he has a similar innovative style on the guitar and a a subtle humour to his lyrics you'd probably appreciate too.

Keep an open mind and watch this movie, you won't regret it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 11, 2012 4:46 PM GMT

Catch And Release [DVD] [2007]
Catch And Release [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Jennifer Garner
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 20 Jan. 2008
I had high hopes for this movie being both a Kevin Smith and Jennifer Garner fan. Unfortunately I was sadly disappointed. The characters are irritating, the dialogue wooden and the story, though an interesting premise, lacks real depth.

That said Jennifer Garner is great and there are moments where you can see the film has potential, sadly it never develops.

Kevin Smith plays Kevin Smith. Only this time it is neither endearing or funny.

I wanted to love this movie but ended up entirely unmoved.

Shag: Movie [DVD] [1989] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Shag: Movie [DVD] [1989] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]

4.0 out of 5 stars Shag Fest, 30 Nov. 2005
I loved this film when I was a teenager and it's still a great girls night in movie. It has all the innocence and humour of the era it portrays.
Pheobe Cates is outstanding and Bridget Fonda gives one of her best performances.

Page: 1 | 2