Profile for Philippa Wright > Reviews

My Animals and Other Family
by Clare Balding
Price: 15.42

4.0 out of 5 stars Clare Balding My Animals and Other family, 24 Nov 2012
Seemed quite good when I read the beginning. But I had bought it for a friend who will tell me it is wonderful probably. It's a bit too "animal" for me though. Only on the basis that I haven't read it all and I that don't like "animal" books am I giving it only 4 Stars. It might well be worth 5 Stars!

"Evening Standard" Cryptic Crosswords: v. 1: A New Compilation of 100 Crosswords from London's No. 1 Newspaper
by Evening Standard

3.0 out of 5 stars Evenin Standard Cryptic Crosswords v. 1 etc, 24 Nov 2012
This is not on a par with the Evening Standard cryptic crossword puzzle books I have bought previously. Doable though.

David Mitchell: Back Story
David Mitchell: Back Story
by David Mitchell
Price: 8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars David Mitchell: Back Story, 24 Nov 2012
Wonderful book. Funny, interesting, full of insight. How can someone who has been on the success ladder for some time think himself so ordinary? He isn't. Lucky sod. Really enjoying it.

"Evening Standard" Cryptic Crosswords: v. 2: A New Compilation of 100 Crosswords from London's No. 1 Newspaper
by Evening Standard

3.0 out of 5 stars Evening Standard Cryptic Crosswords: v.2 etc, 24 Nov 2012
This edition is not as great as the last time I bought an Evening Standard one, ie. the puzzles themselves.