Profile for mkelly > Reviews

mkelly

Swissvoice Epure Full Eco Cordless Single DECT Telephone -  Red
Swissvoice Epure Full Eco Cordless Single DECT Telephone - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, simple and functional, 26 July 2012
I love this phone! It only took a couple of minutes to set up out of the box. Phone features are limited compared to other options out there, but have everything I need - I assume if you are thinking of buying this, you already know what the features are so that should be no more of an issue for you than it was for me. Menus are simple and logical, so easy to navigate. In-call sound quality is great. One of my usual gripes with modern house phones is the ridiculous ring tones on offer - there are some on this I would definitely avoid, but there is also a simple 'ring-ring' which is exactly what i have looked for (and not found on previous phones).

An now for the best part! The design is inspired - combining the best of old and new. Yes - I know it seems superficial to buy a phone because of how it looks, but that's exactly what I did. Some reviewers have complained that this phone represents form over function - I disagree. This phone has worked perfectly for me and does everything I need a house phone to do, and does it well. The handset design is definitely retro, but that design combines form and function - I love that the speaker and microphone are where they are meant to be - beside your ear and mouth, and also that I can comfortably cradle the phone between my ear and shoulder whilst making a cup of tea without interrupting my conversation (now that's my kind of 'hands-free' - old school style!) - I have really missed that with new, smaller handsets.

All in all, this is a great phone and I do not regret my purchase!

The Killing - Series 1 [DVD] [2010]
The Killing - Series 1 [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Sofie Gråbøl

5.0 out of 5 stars High-quality and addictive - TV drama at its very best!, 7 May 2011
I am a big fan of TV boxsets and, having watched my West Wing boxset an unhealthy amount of times I was looking for something new. I came across this series by chance through an online review (I never caught it on BBC 4) and thought I would give it a go - I am so glad that I did....

I can't recommend this highly enough. Dark, gritty and full of suspense, I was hooked from the outset! The characters and dialogue are both plausible and original. The plot is full of twists and turns and avoids giving away too much too soon to keep you guessing.

My only complaint is that Series 2 is not available yet to buy on DVD - I can't wait for my next fix!