Profile for Arthur Collier > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Sony MDR-XB450 Xtra Bass Overhead Headphones - Black
Sony MDR-XB450 Xtra Bass Overhead Headphones - Black
Offered by You Want GPS

5.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend for music, gaming and watching movies, 22 May 2015
I cannot fault these. I love these headphones, they look and feel as if they cost £100. The sound quality is outstanding and of course the bass is very impressive. When buying headphones, I like them to sound as good as my sound system at home and these are as close as I've ever got. These are great for gaming, they have a microphone and the bass makes the games sound very realistic. Would recommend to anyone who wants to use these for anything really, gaming, watching movies, listening to music (electronic in particular). As good as anything Dr Dre has ever made. Don't waste your money buying something overpriced, these are all you'll ever need.

I've had them for about a week, they feel as if they are durable. I'm sure I won't buying another pair of headphones for a long time.

D&Tshop EGO-CE4 1.6ml E-liquid Capacity Electronic Cigarette Atomizer EGO Atomizer - Clear
Offered by New-Sales

2.0 out of 5 stars Tastes of burn, 10 Mar. 2015
This tank has been tasting of burn ever since I bought it. Usually this stops after a few days but a couple of weeks later it is still present, even with different e-liquids. I give 2 stars however for the fact that it was quite cheap so it doesn't bother me too much

House of Marley Positive Vibrations Headphones - Rasta
House of Marley Positive Vibrations Headphones - Rasta

4.0 out of 5 stars Could do with more bass for those into any electronic music, 10 Mar. 2015
These were quite cheap and are good for the price. Could do with a bit more bass to them though. These don't seem to have the depth that some headphones have to them. I do not go out of my way to use these instead of my earphones. However, this is probably just me as these are very good for most genres, I just listen to more electronics music than reggae and rock. The design is really cool and they are good quality. They feel sturdy, they do not feel as if they will snap in half with a breath of wind like some products of this price range. It also came with a little rasta bag to keep them in :)

5 x Really Powerful Jet Lighter's, Windproof Lighters, Gas Lighter. Real Powerful Lighter. Red Lighter, Black Lighter, Wind Proof Lighter
Offered by Schmoking Hot Deals 4 U

2.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable, 10 Mar. 2015
These all broke pretty quick. At college, Torjets seem to have a pretty bad reputation for breaking. They are cheap so I suppose you get what you pay for. Some can last as long as 3 or 4 months but most will break within a couple of weeks. Which is a shame, if they were reliable I would love these. But so many people I know have bought these and have never had them for very long.

Sony SW2 Android/NFC Liveview Smartwatch - Silver
Sony SW2 Android/NFC Liveview Smartwatch - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Review from a young person's perspective, 10 Mar. 2015
This is a great product. I got it in stainless steel and it looks really nice. As I hoped, it has a quality feel to it, not some plastic geeky watch and not something that people won't laugh at you for. The screen is not high definition by any means. Considering the nature of the product (you aren't exactly going to watch films or play games on it) I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of it. I have had very few problems with the connection dropping out and actually, now I come to think about it, no problems at all in general. The touchscreen however could be a little more sensitive. you may find yourself having to swipe a second time to successfully scroll through the app screen. You can customise your background and watch faces from the app on the phone. You can download widgets and watch faces to use on your watch. For example, my current watch face has the time in blue and white, the full date, the remaining battery, the weather, the amount of notifications on my phone and the bluetooth connection status. I love this aspect of the product.

When the manufacturers of a product state the battery life, the usually overestimate it and it is always less. Sony claim that the battery can last up to 4 days. I find that it can last up to 6 days on one charge connected to my phone 16 hours a day. This is a huge pro for me.

I am seventeen and this is what I find useful about this watch:

- It tells the time. Obviously. You can glance at the time whenever you like because it will ALWAYS display on the screen. So it works just as well as an ordinary watch (which often costs a lot more than this product).

- You view all of your texts, What'sApp, Facebook and more from the watch. When someone messages you, it will appear on the watch face. You can change this so that it only displays the name or you can make it not do this at all. I have it set with just the name appearing. You tap on the name and then you can read the text. You can reply to texts on this with custom preset messages (one of my commonly used ones is ("I am in a lesson at the moment"). This can be quite handy. You can't type a reply on this. Not that you would want to on that small screen anyway.

- You can hang up incoming calls from the watch. This is useful for when I am in a lesson in college and instead of my phone buzzing away until I awkwardly get it out, I just simply tap the reject button on the watch and can then send a preset message saying that I am busy. I also downloaded an app called "Commander" which means I can put my phone on silent in times where I can't get my phone out. It also can toggle other things on your phone such as mobile data, Wi-Fi, airplane mode etc.

- You know when you are walking somewhere and playing music through your earphones connected to your phone? It's pretty difficult sometimes getting your phone out your pocket whilst walking to change the volume or the song. This is especially difficult when your phone is practically double the size of your pocket which is common with smartphones these days (I have a Sony Xperia Z1). If you buy this, you can do this from your watch without touching your phone for the entire journey. Perfect. I downloaded an app called "Smartmote" as this has support for Soundcloud and also controls other players such as Walkman or whatever your pre-installed player is on your phone.

- I use the games very rarely as they are pretty limited and laggy. The games will run on the phone and your watch will act as a sort of screen for it. This causes a delay between your input and the games response. However, when you are bored as hell and you are in an environment where you can't get your phone out (a long dinner or a lesson that just seems to drag on), this can be used. But, this doesn't happen too often so it is rarely used for "gaming" if I can call it that. If you are buying this device to play games on, please do not bother. However, if you just want to try a couple, I recommend "Snake", "Tap Low", "TicTacToe" and "2048 - The Game" (listed in ascending order of preference). They aren't much to get excited about but they are the best ones I have come across.

Other all, this is a very satisfactory product and I would recommend it if the uses above sound worth your £100 or so. I was going to buy a new watch around this budget anyway so this was very worthwhile.

Some other apps worth looking at (not mentioned above):

- "Watchify": This is the best app I found for viewing notifications such as What'sApp and Facebook from your watch. You can customise what apps will push notifications to your phone (so that people looking over your shoulder aren't informed about your archer tower being upgraded on Clash of Clans).

- "Nixie clock widgets": Some more unusual but nice looking watch faces, I personally like them.

- "MotoHolo Watchface": A couple of digital watch faces which are basic but with a tiny bit more colour in them than the boring pre-installed ones.

All of the apps mentioned were free of charge.

Xbox LIVE 12 Month Gold Membership (XB1/360) [Xbox Live Online Code]
Xbox LIVE 12 Month Gold Membership (XB1/360) [Xbox Live Online Code]

4.0 out of 5 stars Gold Membership, 10 Mar. 2015
Expensive but it definitely a worthwhile investment if you use Xbox LIVE a lot.

kenable Power Converter Cable 4 pin LP4 Molex Female to 3 pin Fan Adapter
kenable Power Converter Cable 4 pin LP4 Molex Female to 3 pin Fan Adapter
Offered by kenable_ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Still working, 10 Mar. 2015
Arrived on time and still works to this day. I suppose that deserves a 5 star rating. Not much else to say really.

Golden Bar Willy Wonka Chocolate i013 IPHONE 4/4S/5 PHONE CASE COVER (IPHONE 4/4S)
Offered by UK SELLER EatMyCase

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice design, poor quality, 10 Mar. 2015
Bought this for my girlfriend, she likes the design. However, the print quality could be better and the plastic feels cheap and brittle. She still liked it though so that's good.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 10 Mar. 2015
Tastes nice

Perixx MX-1000 Iron, Programmable Gaming Mouse - 7 Programmable Button - Omron Micro Switches - Avago 2000DPI A3050 Optical Sensor - Ultra Polling 125-1000 Hz
Offered by Perixx UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargin for a well made product, 10 Mar. 2015
Awesome mouse, if I ask people to ask how much it cost, they guess double or triple the RRP. I've had this for a long time now and I haven't come across any problems. Well, having said that, within a week it developed a rattle when you shake it, like a small piece of plastic loose inside it. Also, the metal is starting to become faded in some places, looks like something acidic has been "eating away" at it. I am unsure whether this is because of me or the product but it isn't too annoying, you can only notice it close up. So just bear in mind that the metal may diminish over time.

When I bought this, I was under the impression that you would be able to change the LED colours but they have four different colours depending on your DPI setting: Red, Blue, Green and Pink respectively in ascending order of DPI. This is okay though, I don't mind but I thought that it would be a nice heads up for those who may assume the same as me when buying this.

Overall, a great quality product for a great price (was £15 when I bought this, I am not sure of the price currently. I found it difficult to not rate 4 stars because of the degrading quality over the past year and the rattle but taking into account that it has been used a lot and that it won't look new forever, no matter what the product, I rate 5 stars.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4