Profile for Bess75 > Reviews

Bess75

Stark
Stark

5.0 out of 5 stars Never been more pertinent..., 21 May 2013
This review is from: Stark (Kindle Edition)
Having first read this in 1989, it feels even more apt today with our extreme world order: greed and money at the expense of civilisation and environment. Laugh out loud funny in parts, terrifyingly scary in others; EcoAction have never been more needed. Zimmerman, you are my fiction hero! Dig?

The Memory Garden
The Memory Garden

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy and enjoyable, 11 April 2013
This review is from: The Memory Garden (Kindle Edition)
A good bedtime read. Nothing particularly groundbreaking but an easy to read story about love, the past and beautiful Cornwall!

Tyringham Park
Tyringham Park
by Rosemary McLoughlin

3.0 out of 5 stars A Slightly Depressing Page Turner, 19 Mar 2013
This review is from: Tyringham Park (Paperback)
Parts of me enjoyed this book - it's fast paced with direct prose, easy to read and hard to put down. However, I found the repeated inclusion of physical and emotional child abuse quite upsetting to read as a mother, which I know is all part of the story line but its impact on the lives of the characters was deeply saddening with SPOILER ALERT no happy endings. In fact, my biggest issue with this book was its sudden, abrupt and disappointing ending. I thought there had been a mistake and I was missing a final few chapters from my download, but alas not!

Sleepytot - Small Grey Sleepytot
Sleepytot - Small Grey Sleepytot

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for dummy lovely babies!, 1 Nov 2012
Initially, I was reluctant to give our new baby a dummy and held off until he was about 4 months when we gave him one at night and for naps. Well, he really took to it and it helped a great deal with self soothing and he has always settled very easily at bedtime and after waking during the night with it. The only problem was that by month five he was waking constantly in the night looking for his dummy and I was rummaging around in his cot up to 5-7 times a night for it.

I was going to go cold turkey and take it away but as I was reading on line, I came across this ¡§dummy bunny¡¨ and thought it was worth a go. Within about three days of being shown how to, he had mastered the nack of finding and putting his own dummy back in. Result? No more sleepless nights for me! º

He is now 10 months and has three dummies attached. I plan to gradually reduce the number as he gets older until he is just left with the bunny to comfort him. We have a back up bunny too for when the first one is in the wash. Cannot recommend this product highly enough, such a great idea and baby looks sooooo cute with it. Hope this helps!

BabyBjorn Highchair (White)
BabyBjorn Highchair (White)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just buy it!, 1 Nov 2012
Initially, I bought at standard £30 fold up high chair from Kiddicare - BIG mistake! Kiddicare services are fantastic but the high chair nearly drove me to distraction. Clearly designed by someone that does not have to clean a high chair three times a day! Food stuck everywhere, loads of nooks and crannies to clean, wide legs to trip over and white straps that turned orange in a week and cannot be removed to wash!

After four months of it, I'd had enough and splashed the cash on this - thank god I did! It has saved my sanity! So easy to use, so easy to clean (the food is really contained on the tray), looks amazing and folds away so easily it could be transported for trips away if needed.

If you are buying a first high chair, I would look no further - this is the bees knees and worth every penny for time pressed mums. I think you can get them cheaper elsewhere, but I purchased from Amazon as service is always reliable and problems dealt with quickly. Hope this helps!