Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Profile for S. Irwin > Reviews

Content by S. Irwin

S. Irwin (UK)

Einhell EINBTHT90 Folding Truck 90 kg Capacity
Einhell EINBTHT90 Folding Truck 90 kg Capacity

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, 23 April 2016
Great does the job, washing machine,cooker all moved no problems. Worth the money.

Stirred But Not Shaken: The Autobiography
Stirred But Not Shaken: The Autobiography

4.0 out of 5 stars I always have been a Floyd fan, he genuinely ..., 1 Aug. 2014
I always have been a Floyd fan, he genuinely was the person who got me interested in food and how to cook it. The book is an insight to him, it tends to reflect his thoughts at a single moment in time and sometimes the book feels a little "bitty" rather than a cohesive story. It does seem to be an honest story though and some of his bitterness of life shows through but so does his perhaps, naÔve, trust in people.
Read it if you want a snippet of the mans life but don't read it if you want an in depth look at the man. Its left me feeling there was something left in the closet.

Norton Antivirus 2014 - 1 User / 1 License
Norton Antivirus 2014 - 1 User / 1 License
Offered by Software-Store

3.0 out of 5 stars Be aware, 28 Mar. 2014
I have always had Norton protection and I have been extremely satisfied with it. However I purchased this because having read the description I believed it gave me protection on the internet. My suspicions where aroused when I first loaded it and I got a warning that I had a "better" version of software already loaded and did I want to proceed. I did proceed and now I discover I don't have internet protection. I need t buy another product.
Norton are getting like Sony they have so many products it gets confusing which is the one I need to buy. Just like Sony they are good products but its just getting too hard to choose the right one.

Wolf Hall (Thomas Cromwell Trilogy Book 1)
Wolf Hall (Thomas Cromwell Trilogy Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Just not for me, 10 Mar. 2013
I'll be honest I bought this book because I thought a booker prize winner it must be ok. When I read a book I want to get immersed in the characters and the story line. I want to picture the situations the characters are in and have an emotional attachment in some way to them.

Well two weeks in and I still cant get into this book. The style of writing I find confusing. I don't know from whose perspective the story is being told, is it the character, the author or some onlooker. It just seems to change around without any good reason. Because of that I cant engage with the characters, because I don't know which one it is and I cant immerse myself in the story because there is no flow.

Maybe it gets better but I am in no hurry to go back to the story to find out and that's the problem, I can put the book down and I don't want to know what happens next.

The Shelters of Stone (Earth's Children (Numbered Paperback))
The Shelters of Stone (Earth's Children (Numbered Paperback))
by Jean M. Auel

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for Fans of the series but...., 30 Jan. 2012
I am a fan of this series and i was pleasantly suprised when someone bought me "The land of painted caves" for christmas and even more pleasantly suprised when i realised that i had missed number 5 this book. So i purchased it.

The story moves on and the lives of the familiar characters also move on but.... I started to get the feeling that the author is trying to pack out the book, with constant re-telling of Ayla's (the main characters),past. The constant re-telling of how she saved her mate,the constant re-telling of how she saved the animals, the constant re-telling of how she got her totem the constant re-telling of the her birth links every time she meets someone new. And i do mean constant. Then added to this we get all the verses of the mothers song about 5 pages worth and then in book 6 every time they visit a sacred cave someone starts singing some of these verses usually about a page worth!!! and the introductions go on and the re-telling of the past goes on and how she saved the animals goes on. Your probably feeling the same about this review.

I am disappointed that the series seems to have run out of steam. I haven't finished the sixth book yet but unless something really dramatic happens i hope it is the last. Several years ago I left the series wanting more, this time i feel the author is fulfilling her contract and the story has become a chore rather than something written to entertain.

Owl Cm119 Wireless Electricity Monitor
Owl Cm119 Wireless Electricity Monitor

5.0 out of 5 stars Sad but electricity can be exciting, 1 Aug. 2009
Firstly i have to say delivery was extremely quick so a good start. The monitor was pretty easy to set up although i do have a lot of wires going in and out of my meter but i got there eventualy. The monitor is great its amazing how it puts all these warnings about electricity useage into a form that means something. E.G The oven is costing me about 35p and hour to run, the immersion about 40p an hour. People say switch of your standbys, does it really make a difference ? Well this shows it does, for me about 30p a day or about 100 pounds a year. And you wouldnt believe how much my kitchen spot lights cost to run. Great item and it does help you control your electricity useage and carbon footprint.