Profile for NEwcastle > Reviews

NEwcastle

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

1.0 out of 5 stars Log in page never works?, 19 Dec. 2014
I love playing hearthstone on my computer and am thrilled to see that i can now play it on the kindle, only problem is every time I try to log in the web page says its not available. I will change my review if i can log in some point in the near future.

Table Top Racing Premium
Table Top Racing Premium

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic bit of fun., 24 July 2014
This review is from: Table Top Racing Premium (App)
If you have played micro machines on the mega drive, this will bring back some memories. If you have not played micro machines on the mega drive then i feel for you. This game is a great pick me up with sensible controls (none of this spinning your device around lark). Well recommended and I also give it a good thumbs up!

Pin-O-Ball 2
Pin-O-Ball 2

1.0 out of 5 stars Please, do not waste your valuable life., 24 April 2014
This review is from: Pin-O-Ball 2 (App)
So, I decided to go against the mass of 1 star reviews and give this one a try (to be honest, I had to see how bad it was for myself). You start with a basic table, 3 coins placed on it and a mechanism that, if it decides to work, will shoot a ball from it on to the table to drop down. As you hit bumpers and get the ball in various slots at the bottom you get scored. But that's pretty much it.

This game has no sound, no worth while rewards and the cheek of the creator wants you to pay for more coins! Don't give the developer the satisfaction of getting rewarded for creating such an obviously poor "game" and save yourselves th torment of trying to understand why you bothered. I honestly spent more time writing this review than I did playing that trash.

Spirit Stones
Spirit Stones

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of fun, 21 April 2014
This review is from: Spirit Stones (App)
I have been playing spirit stones for a while, before I t came out on Kindle I had it on my phone. Brilliant little game and a very helpful team of people behind it. Not many games give you free paid for in game currency just because their was a bug.

I have been given so much free stuff over time that I can quite happily play for ages now without ever having to put it down. Only problem I do find with that is the whole game gets a bit repetitive and the new cards to collect are quite hard to get. Having said that it a very good game which can just be picked up and played by all players.

Bardbarian - Golden Lute Edition
Bardbarian - Golden Lute Edition

3.0 out of 5 stars sounds like a good game, but having rotation issues..., 15 Mar. 2014
I bought this game based on reviews, and it looks really fun, but it always plays upside down on my kindle. Any one else having this problem? For now I have had to lock the rotation, but wish I didn't have to...

Other than that it's a fantastic game, good fun and easy enough to pick up. Rating will go up when I get a fix...

Stunt Star The Hollywood Years
Stunt Star The Hollywood Years

4.0 out of 5 stars Addictive with a hint of frustration, 22 Feb. 2014
It's your basic point A to point B driving game with jumps to make and flips to perform, except you create the angle and size of your jumps with added boosts and cars to crash! The frustration part comes from almost getting the jump perfect around twenty times but still struggle to make it! A good puzzle aspect to a fun game all round, worth a purchase.

Steelheart (Reckoners Book 1)
Steelheart (Reckoners Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another fantastic read, 10 Feb. 2014
Having read most of Brandon Sanderson's work, I'm always on the look out for more of his. This book was not a disappointment in anyway, it provides a fresh look at a world with superheroes with some very imaginative powers to go along with them.

If you have read Brandon 's Mistborn series then you will love this, and if you haven't read the Mistborn books, go and do it now because they are mind blowing.

Bottom line : I can never put a Sanderson down.

The Fires Of Heaven: Book 5 of the Wheel of Time
The Fires Of Heaven: Book 5 of the Wheel of Time

3.0 out of 5 stars Feels like a yawn, 12 Jan. 2014
Having read the first 4 books, naturally I have progressed onto the 5th in the series. Although this did have a lot of important development to the plot, it really didn't keep me gripped. I only hope it can get exciting in the next chapter.

Fishdom Spooky HD (Premium)
Fishdom Spooky HD (Premium)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun and simple, 14 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Fishdom Spooky HD (Premium) (App)
Not a particularly new or exciting game, but if you a fan of the tile and pairing up puzzle game you will enjoy the challenge this presents.