Profile for Mr. James D. Murray > Reviews

Content by Mr. James D. M...

Mr. James D. Murray

Shy
Shy

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant !!!, 27 Jan 2012
This review is from: Shy (Audio CD)
To be honest there isn't much to say other than this record is outstanding and if you love hard rock then get this ..... you will not be disappointed. Superb record.

Trinity
Trinity

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Third Album - A Defining Moment In Melodic Metal, 30 Mar 2011
This review is from: Trinity (Audio CD)
I have to say I totally disagree with the previous post. This new album from multi national metallers Edens Curse is by far their best to date .... without doubt. As a huge fan I genuinely believed it impossible to 'trump' Second Coming but by God have these boys succeeded. The album starts with a great intro which incidentally all the operatic vocal work is carried out by keyboard ace Allessandro Del Vecchio. Simply sublime intro and then you wait for the hit between the eyes that you know is coming and sure enough The title track Trinity just smacks you. Great drive and full of those hooks we expect from such an accomplished band. The facemelting continues with the superb Saints of Tomorrow and then we enter into the No Holy Man track which features the superb James La Brie of Dream Theater fame. This is a real scorcher of a track and the video that has been released for this track is amazing also if you havent already checked that out. Guardian Angel for me is a breath taking track and for me ricals my all time favourite EC track 'Sail On' which I never thought possible ... but what a track it is. The album has many highlights but the real barn stormer is Jerusalem Sleeps ..... just listen to the riff on that track and you will understand. Also we see a garker, heavier side to EC in Black Widow which features Andi Deris of Helloween fame and its a real powerhouse of a track.

Unfortunately I can't agree with Big Jims review, but of course we are all entitled to our opinions. But for me this is a defining metal album .... it has everything you would expect from Eden's Curse and a whole lot more too. The guitar solo work from Thorsten Koehne is breathtaking and the vocals stunning.

Do yourself a favour .... get this album as its a monument in the long history that is melodic metal :-)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 27, 2011 9:49 PM BST

OtterBox Defender Case for Apple iPhone 3G / 3GS - Black
OtterBox Defender Case for Apple iPhone 3G / 3GS - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 2 Jun 2010
I thought I would write a small review on this product. Firstly as we can see it isn't cheap but it is well worth the money. An excellent piece of kit to keep your iphone 3G or 3GS safe, clean and give you peace of mind. I bought this item on the strength of the previous reviews and I am glad I did. Firstly the iphone is well secured and protected and there is no loss in performance on the touch screen with the covering that goes over the iphone screen. Just make sure and take a little time when fitting this so as not to get air bubbles but fear not you can take it off and try again if you dont get it right first time as I had to do lol. Also the rubber outer coating means when you hold the iphone it feels solid and snug in your hand and no fear of slipping out. So I would recommend this for your iphone and it DOES fit the 3GS as mine is a 3GS and I wasn't sure before delivery if it would fit so fear not it does :-)

So my advice is buy this item and protect your phone even though it is slightly expensive it is well, well worth the price