Profile for Bethany > Reviews

Content by Bethany

Bethany "befni"

Bizzybee Multi Purpose Rubber Gloves Medium (Pair of 6)
Bizzybee Multi Purpose Rubber Gloves Medium (Pair of 6)

2.0 out of 5 stars They were great, now they're not. Please change it back!, 29 Jun 2014
I've bought several dozen of these gloves before as I thought they were some of the best quality ones in the market. The price was also great - especially when you compare them with how extortionate Marigolds normally are. I would've given them 6 out of 5.

However, to my dismay, when I opened the first of my twelve packs which I'd ordered yesterday, I found them to be much MUCH thinner than before.

Added to that, the raised grips which used to be really deep (maybe about 2mm?), are now barely noticeable. The only thing that hasn't changed is the shade of purple they are, and since when has there been anyone who has a strong opinion on the colour of rubber gloves?

I don't normally write reviews for Amazon, but because I was SO disappointed with the drop in quality of the gloves, (Bethany, why are you getting so het up over rubber gloves for goodness' sake?!), I felt compelled to write one in the hope that Bizzybee will change it back to the way it used to be. I'd even be willing to pay a bit more if that's what it takes! Until I get confirmation that they will though, I'll just have to go back to scouring the shops for decent offers on random rubber gloves.

But hey, maybe I just got a dodgy batch and I'm being way too harsh. Please prove me wrong - anyone!!!!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 7, 2014 7:56 AM BST

Mitsubishi Uni Jetstream Rollerball Retractable Pen Medium
Mitsubishi Uni Jetstream Rollerball Retractable Pen Medium
Offered by HaberCrafts

3.0 out of 5 stars Super smooth writer, but prefer the cheaper version of this pen., 1 Jan 2014
I bought this to replace my SXN150 Jetstream Sport that I'd lost. Does exactly the same job of course (it takes the same refills), but from the picture, I thought this would look a bit more posh (I'm superficial, I know). It looks and feels more plasticky than its cheaper SXN150 Sport version, so I was a little disappointed. But hey, it's still a smooth writer...

TUFFskinz Premium Quality Screen Protectors : iPhone 5 / 5S / 5C Crystal Clear (Invisible) edition (2 in Pack Front)
Offered by TUFFskinz

5.0 out of 5 stars Juuuust right!, 1 Jan 2014
I'm a bit of a Goldilocks when it comes to screen protectors; I try to look for a decent quality, one or two in a pack, not too cheap but not too expensive. This really fits the bill!

The 80s
The 80s

4.0 out of 5 stars Difficult not to sing along to this., 1 Jan 2014
This review is from: The 80s (MP3 Download)
Quite a nice selection of 80s music. Would've been 5 stars if it was a couple of quid cheaper! ;-)

Slouch Beanie ONE SIZE French Navy
Slouch Beanie ONE SIZE French Navy
Offered by TEAM SOUTH WEST Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super comfy!, 1 Jan 2014
How can you find fault with this product? Nice and comfortable, good colour and I've just put it through the wash and it's come out well! My bargain of the year!

Inscribe Soft Pastel Set - 64 Colours
Inscribe Soft Pastel Set - 64 Colours
Offered by Jackson's Art Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Super pastels for budding artists, 1 Jan 2014
Very reasonable price, very decent quality and a nice, wide selection of colours. Ideal for me, as I had wanted to test out whether or not I would like using pastels. As it turns out, I do!

Griffin Aircurve 6261-AIRCRVC Accoustic Amplifier for iPhone
Griffin Aircurve 6261-AIRCRVC Accoustic Amplifier for iPhone
Offered by Ekow Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars A good purchase for anyone that doesn't want to fork out stacks to get a proper iPhone docking station...., 16 Aug 2010
I bought this as a present for my mum and thought that, if it wasn't very good, at least I didn't pay an arm and a leg for it. To my surprise, it was actually not that bad! My mum was quite impressed and, for all that the sound quality wasn't perfect, it's not to be sniffed at.

My feelings can be summed up by the following points:

1. It amplifies the sound (good)
2. It looks fairly nice (also good)
3. It's a lot more handy than the cereal bowls and measuring jugs that my mum was putting her iPhone in when she was in the kitchen listening to podcasts (VERY good...)

Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)
Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)
Offered by Click4entertainment Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Too good even for the PS2!, 21 Feb 2006
This is a simply awe-inspiring game that has been created to involve the player in a great story. I bought this game not so long ago but the graphics are amazing so far. the PS2 hasn't got the technology to do this game justice so I hope that the PS3 will when it's released!!
The gameplay is exciting and even for those with a high IQ numbers, it's still quite difficult to think of how to beat the colossi! Shadow of the Colossus is a beautiful game with beautiful graphics as well as storyline to back it up. This is possibly the best game of the decade. I didn't think that ICO could have been improved by much; but I was evidently wrong. It's a must-buy!!!

Scorpia
Scorpia
by Anthony Horowitz

4.0 out of 5 stars It would have been 5 if I knew there was another book...., 3 Oct 2004
This review is from: Scorpia (Paperback)
It's a bit weird to think that I read this book first then got my sister to get me the other four books!! The story is gripping from the start and Mr. Horowitz; you must be the master of writing with suspense. I could hardly put this book down!
Alex must find out the truth about his father after Yassen Gregorovich told him that his father was a contract killer. His journey leads him to Julia Rothman who is the chairman of the sabotage, corruption, intelligence and assasination organization (a.k.a SCORPIA). Can he follow his father's footsteps though?!!!
I hope that there will be a sixth book.. THERE MUST BE!!! Totally worth buying. You won't put the book down till you've finished it!!

Eagle Strike (Alex Rider)
Eagle Strike (Alex Rider)
by Anthony Horowitz

5.0 out of 5 stars Fandabby dosey!!!, 9 Jun 2004
Alex Rider is all on his own as he tries to stop the super-star Damian Cray from using nuclear bombs to gain some sort of "world peace". No one believes him and he doesn't have any help. Can Alex stop this mad-man in time?!!!
The most exciting book written in the Alex Rider series and definitely a must-buy! If you don't buy it, you're missing loads!!!!!