ARRAY(0xa7623780)

Profile for Ms. A. Pugh > Reviews

Content by Ms. A. Pugh

Ms. A. Pugh (West Yorkshire)

Girls in Time
Girls in Time

5.0 out of 5 stars Great single, 25 Jun 2012
This review is from: Girls in Time (MP3 Download)
I love the three tracks on this single. Girls in Time is great and I really like your new version of Visions.

The Family from One End Street (Puffin Modern Classics)
The Family from One End Street (Puffin Modern Classics)
by Eve Garnett
Price: 5.03

5.0 out of 5 stars An all time favourite, 2 Sep 2010
I have always preferred to read about real people in real situations and The Family From One End Street was one of my favourite stories as a child. Even as a postwar baby myself, their life seemed hard to me but what I see now is a family of children who can find excitement and get pleasure from the simplest of things and who take life's knocks as they come along and then pick themselves up and get on with it.

I've never forgotten the chapter where Lily Rose ironed the green silk petticoat. The reaction of Mrs Ruggles' customer to the tiny shrunken garment was both funny and poignant. The loss of a petticoat - so amusing and unimportant to the customer - would have been a disaster in the Ruggles household.

For all these reasons and because I think she still values the simple things in life, I have bought this for my 10-year old granddaughter. I hope she enjoys it.

Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson & the Olympians)
Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson & the Olympians)
by Rick Riordan
Edition: Audio CD
Price: 6.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Percy Jackson and the peaceful driving holiday, 2 Sep 2010
I chose this audio book to listen to while my daughter and I drove through France with her children (boy aged 6, girl aged 10). We all found it very entertaining and it held our attention on long drives - no mean feat for an age range of 6 to 60+. Perhaps its appeal lay in the story's modern setting, while introducing many of the characters of Greek mythology. That - and the excellent reader, Walter Lewis.

The children are now keen to see the film and read some of the other Percy Jackson stories.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 23, 2012 5:58 PM GMT

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ38EB-K Digital Camera - Black (12.1MP, 18 x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy!, 31 Jan 2010
I chose this camera after reading several good reviews on this and other sites. It is certainly living up to expectations. It is easy to use on automatic but it is also easy to learn how to use the various functions. It feels like a real camera, is easy to hold and not too heavy. This is my first move into this price bracket and I find the picture quality is amazing compared to my previous camera. I am so pleased I bought it!!