Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Learn more Shop now Learn more
Profile for Bongiovisgirl > Reviews

Content by Bongiovisgirl

Bongiovisgirl "hcchristie" (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Surrender (Surrender, Book 1)
Surrender (Surrender, Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars FSOG Wannabe, 2 Mar. 2016
This book is clearly jumping on the FSOG bandwagon which is a shame as the author seems to be relatively strong, even though there is a lot of repetition throughout and it feels as though she could have written a good story without having to write such an unlikeable character as Rafe. However, when the author allows you glimpses of Rafe with his guard down, he's utterly likeable and vulnerable. Shame she doesn't show that side of him to Ari, as it would make the way she reacts to him more realistic.

Parts of the book feel unrealistic: How hooked Rafe gets on Ari and ok, he might be a billionaire, but the control he has over everyone and thing in town is a bit over the top.

I didn't like the idea of having to buy another 2 books to continue the story so will leave it at this one. I wouldn't be recommending it to friends/family as I wasn't quite comfortable with the very graphic sex scenes.

Puregadgets© Christmas Novelty Mug Set (Adult Size) with Snowman, Gingerbread Man, Father Christmas and Rudolf the Reindeer Mugs
Offered by Electro World

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice mugs, 28 Feb. 2016
Nice Mugs, exactly as they advertise themselves to be and at a good price. The packaging was very industrial and plain and did not make a good presentation box as I wanted to give them as a gift. Couldn't fault the product though.

Cards Against Humanity: UK edition
Cards Against Humanity: UK edition
Offered by Cards Against Humanity, LLC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 28 Feb. 2016
Who doesn't love this game? So offensive it's brilliant and a fabulous way to get/keep an evening going. I've never completed it before 3am as the longer you play, the better it becomes! Definitely recommend.

The Unmumsy Mums: A Collection of Your Hysterical Stories From The Frontline of Parenting

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok. Nothing amazing, 28 Feb. 2016
It's ok for a little light reading, a bit of a time filler. Basically just some parents who have submitted stories about their kids, all being stored in one place.

Fresh Temptation (Barboza Brothers Book 1)
Fresh Temptation (Barboza Brothers Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars A very enjoyable read, 28 Feb. 2016
The more I read, the more I enjoyed this book. There were a couple of areas where it feels a little unrealistic - how attached Victor becomes so quickly, but not out of the realms of possibility. The characters feel that they have a lot of substance and the reader is definitely left feeling that they want more of the story.

All Over the Place: A Near & Far Novel
All Over the Place: A Near & Far Novel

3.0 out of 5 stars fun, quick read, 28 Feb. 2016
This book was very fun and I liked the back story to it and what had made the character come to London in the first place. It was enjoyable enough to keep me reading but did feel a little like amateur chick lit in places with some of the scenarios being a little too convenient. I liked the way the author brought depth to all the characters, they all had some story or another that had depth. I would read more by this author.

Food & Spice Mix 10 Wax Tarts
Food & Spice Mix 10 Wax Tarts
Offered by Casa Candles

3.0 out of 5 stars They're ok., 28 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Food & Spice Mix 10 Wax Tarts
I was really excited about these and couldn't wait for them to arrive. They seemed a fair price for a yankee product. I wasn't mad about all the smells, which seemed very overpowering when they were all packed together. However, after burning a couple of times, they definitely lost their impact. I think I'm probably more suited to the candles, rather than wax tarts. However, these are good if you're wanting to check out how some of them smell without going to the expense of the whole candles.

Small Medpac
Small Medpac
Offered by Funky Pumpers Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for epi-pen carriers., 28 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Small Medpac
As the mother of a toddler who has anaphylactic allergies, this is a must have. The version I have (small size) holds 2 epi-pen juniors, a bottle of antihistamine, spoon and syringe. The details I really like are: It has a space (with a pre-printed, fill in the blanks card) for essential info - child's name, photo, emergency numbers etc. On the inside is a pocket with another fill in the blanks card, of medical action plan. The epi-pen spaces have elastic so they are held in place but can still be accessed easily. There is also a good size, strong clip where you can attach it to the strap of your bag etc. If you have a child with allergies then I really recommend this product.

I Like You Just the Way I Am: Stories About Me and Some Other People
I Like You Just the Way I Am: Stories About Me and Some Other People

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok., 28 Feb. 2016
I had been on Jenny Mollen's website a few times and had really wanted this book but the price put me off. One day I decided 'to hell with it' and bought it. On the one hand, I'm glad I read it and it filled the curiosity gap having seen all the hype. On the other hand, I didn't feel like I got a lot out of reading it. It left me in mind of a self obsessed, insecure woman who, along with her husband, takes far too many drugs then casually writes about it. Overall, I thought it was ok but I haven't recommended it to anyone and wouldn't be in a rush to read any of her other stuff.

Miadomodo Swivel Bar Stools (Set of 2) Round Height Adjustable Chairs (Grey) Kitchen Dining Home Furniture

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, exactly as in the picture., 28 Feb. 2016
I wanted to have these for a while before reviewing to see how they held up. I really love them and think they're excellent value for money. They are exactly as described in the picture, They are not weighted, so easy to move around but do not show any instability. The leavers work well, they go for just under table/kitchen counter height to surprisingly tall. The lift action is very smooth and they always look smart. The company were great to deal with and they arrived much earlier than expected.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11