Profile for Korin > Reviews

The Last Of Us (PS3)
Offered by SegaSykes

3.0 out of 5 stars Sneak,shiv, sneak & repeat! (No spoilers), 23 Jun. 2013
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Last Of Us (PS3) (Video Game)
At the time of adding this review, a patch has been released to fix the save issues mentioned elsewhere.How successful that patch is I don't really know, because I haven't progressed that far in the game as yet.Here's my impressions of the game so far. Firstly, I have to mentioned how great I think the immersive nature of the story is, and characters are wonderfully portrayed. The quality of facial expressions and emotions used by the main characters are pretty awesome, considering this game is clearly held back by comparatively weak hardware.My problem with this game is not the story, not the graphics or even the cut scenes,it's the gameplay! I absolutely detest, with a passion, stealth games -frankly I'm sick of them. Now, you may be thinking, so why did you buy the game, because it was common knowledge before release that there were stealth elements to the game. Yes, that's true, but it was also pitched by the dev's that you could play the game YOUR way. That is to say, either stealthy OR all guns blazing. Not so! I tried the latter approach and it soon became very obvious that playing this game as anything but a stealth game is nigh impossible - there simply isn't sufficient ammo in the game to allow for a shooter style approach, even on the easiest settings which gives far more pickups. Not only that, but if you do choose to play a stealthy game you soon discover the games biggest flaw, in my opinion. Basically, you will end up repeating the same sections of the game continuously, until you either finally succeed and progress, or give up as I have. I won't give anything away, but unless you love stealth style gameplay AND don't mind repeating the same sections ad nauseam(I'm not a brilliant player, but not rubbish either, so I think my comment fair),then I suggest you consider this purchase carefully. Bottom line. It's wonderfully constructed, and I really want to play this game because it is so well put together, but the gameplay just isn't for me. If you like a large stealth element in games, this is an absolute MUST buy game, if not, maybe look elsewhere. To be fair I will try and persevere at some point, but slowly! I'm posting this just because everyone seems to be giving blanket high scores, but it isn't to my mind, that clear cut.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 28, 2013 12:10 PM BST

Sim City (PC DVD)
Sim City (PC DVD)
Offered by GAMES CONSOLES BARGAIN

1.0 out of 5 stars confused, 8 Mar. 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sim City (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I know technically, this isn't a review, and I apologise in advance if anyone is offended. However, most low rating are related to the DRM. Well, I'm confused, because obviously the fact that you need an 'always on' internet connection is pretty fundamental to being able to even play the game. So why isn't this in the description? I've read the description and can't see any mention of it. Amazon should make sure anything so essential is mentioned in the description. Personally, I would call this mis-selling. Wouldn't you?

Seagate 3.5 inch 3TB Barracuda Desktop Hard Drive
Seagate 3.5 inch 3TB Barracuda Desktop Hard Drive
Offered by InvisibleMedia

5.0 out of 5 stars Over 3TB as system boot drive!, 13 Aug. 2012
First off,I have found this drive to be quiet, relatively fast and good value at £112.00.Plus you get a good warranty,I would therefore recommend this drive if you are confident about it's suitability. If you're not sure see if the below helps.

I thought I'd just write a quick post that may help someone who isn't sure(as I wasn't) if they can use this drive in their machine to full capacity.The following information was gleaned through my own research and a bit of trial and error also. I'm not a I.T expert so forgive me if everything here isn't technically spot on:).Anyway, here are my finding based on my newly built PC and win 7 pro.

1)If this drive is fommatted as MBR(master boot record), then limit is 2.2 TB for a single partition.You can however, recover and use the remaining free space as a separate partition using win 7 or seagates own partition software(freely available for download from their site,this Information comes with the drive)

2)If you wish to use this drive as a single partition of 3TB you need to format drive as GPT type(this can be done with win 7) ,BUT you will still NOT be able to use this as your system BOOT drive at a 3TB partition size Unless, you have a motherboard as described below.

3) If you wish to use this drive as a single partition of 3TB(actually formats to approx 2.8 TB) AND as your system boot drive,then you will need to format drive as a single 3TB GPT partition AND have a Motherboard that supports EFI/UEFI ( apparently new to PC's, but not others, sort of BIOS equivelent)- many of the latest mobo's do have this. As an example, I'm using ASUS sabertooth Z77, which is UEFI and does support this drive as 3TB boot drive.

4) Finally, just for information. I found this particular drive only increased my windows experience figure from 5.7 (using a 350GB sata II 7200rpm drive) to 5.9 with this drive!! So after all my efforts with this hdd, I brought an OCZ vortex 4 256GB SSD and now use that as my boot drive which gives me a windows experience score of 7.9 (for hdd)and boots my system in about 12 seconds! My seagate is now working great as a large data drive.So,there you have it, hope it helps someone.Please feel free to correct any mistakes or add anything I've missed.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 18, 2012 11:04 PM GMT

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PC DVD)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PC DVD)

1.0 out of 5 stars Steam spyware alert warning, 7 Mar. 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I purchased this software in good faith thinking it was a bargain for a fiver.I hadn't read many reviews, but wasn't particularly concerned,because hey, for a fiver, who cares right? Anyway, on receiving the game I inserted disk and waited for the install.Now,I know many of you out there already know this game requires a 'STEAM ' account in order to play,well I didn't.I'm also sure many of you out there couldn't give a monkeys, and have no problem with using Steam, but I do. Basically, installing Steam is tantamount to willingly installing spyware on to your computer, in my opinion.Of course, if you're fine with Steam then ignore this warning.However,I really would appreciate Amazon taking the time to include this sort of information in their descriptions, but I accept I should maybe have read a few more reviews, many of which I now realise, do mention Steam accounts being required! Comments on gameplay? Dunno, didn't accept the agreement!! Returning for refund.

Edit: 13/04/12

Originally, I had no intention of making any edits or additons to my posting above, but since a couple of the replys I received have been,in my opinion, unnecessarily bad mannered, I thought I would ammend slightly my previous comments.Here are the main objections; 1)You didn't comment on the gameplay itself! True, but trying playing the game without installing Steam! Get my point? 2)Steam is the way to go for PC gaming,it's great, and its NOT spyware! This of course,depends on your definition of spyware.And as I said in my original comments, "if you're fine with Steam then ignore this warning". At least one person found my posting worthwhile, and in the name of eroding privacy, that's validation enough for me.
Comment Comments (15) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 11, 2012 9:33 PM BST