Profile for William Yeomans > Reviews

Content by William Yeomans

William Yeomans (Loughborough UK)

Leatherman Juice S2 Multi-Tool - Flame Orange
Leatherman Juice S2 Multi-Tool - Flame Orange
Price: 66.30

5.0 out of 5 stars simply amazing!, 26 July 2013
A thing of beauty and function, I just love the colour. But underneath the exterior are some very useful tools. The blade keeps a good sharp edge, is a decent size for most tasks. The pliers are strong very useful, I use mine most days! Maybe they would benefit from a spring to open them, maybe?
This tool serves me well as it lives in my pocket during the week at work them moves to my rucksack for backpacking at weekends.
Should it all go terribly wrong and you back if, Leatherman back this up with a 25 year warranty!

PowerGen High Capacity (4400mAh 6 cells) Laptop Battery for Dell Inspiron 1545 1525 1526 1440 PP29L PP41L; fits GW240 RN873 X284G M911G K450N GP952 451-10534 Comes with Full 1yr Limited Warranty
Offered by E-TRADING24 LTD
Price: 26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement in a Dell 1545, 2 Dec 2012
Having been bitten once by another trader on another web site I was a little concerned when I ordered this battery. The reality is that I had no need to be as the Battery fits well, works well and has given me over 3 Hours mains free running. I will certainly look here again when I need another one.

Primus Litech Trek Kettle cookware
Primus Litech Trek Kettle cookware
Offered by BIKESTER
Price: 24.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Cooking Pot!, 19 Sep 2012
I purchased this to nest with my SVEA 123 Stove I use all year round, the fry pan is just big enough for an egg or maybe a sausage if thats your thing. I use the kettle for boil in the bags and the odd stew cooked from what i can find or carry. The coating has lasted well but I do tend to use a wooded spoon with this set. The coating also makes it a easy job to clean.

LRI FMW Photon Freedom LED Keychain Micro-Light, White Beam
LRI FMW Photon Freedom LED Keychain Micro-Light, White Beam
Offered by AlphaNet
Price: 14.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Great replacement for a lantern, 28 April 2011
Well what can I say about this. Its not a main lamp although if you are one of the very lightweight travellers you may find it great for the job. I am not disappointed by it in any way, it is very bright and has variable light levels, but it does not have a focus so i feel it has limited use outside. I find it to be great as a tent light on one of the lower settings, so it lives in the top of my rucksack with another one in my first aid kit. But if you are looking for something that will show you the way along a dark path look elsewhere as these are not suitable. They are however a great lightweight and tiny replacement for a lantern in a tent or shelter.

Merrell Men's Cham Sandal
Merrell Men's Cham Sandal

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but!, 27 Aug 2010
I have had and worn these for over a year now, I seem to find myself putting these on whatever the weather with and without socks. They have managed to keep me comfortable on local short hikes, in my canoe, in the town and when camping in all weathers. But now after a year or so they have started to look shabby and with the footbeds wearing out and the heal cusioning is now defunct. I may be heavey on my heals when I walk but i expected these to last longer than they have.
I still love them to bits but they do not seem to last as well as other makes.

Trees (Collins Gem)
Trees (Collins Gem)
by Alastair Fitter

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Gem, 22 Nov 2009
This review is from: Trees (Collins Gem) (Paperback)
Just like the Collins wild flower reference this is clear and consise, fit in a rucksack or coat pocket which makes this a wonderful field guide.

Wild Flowers (Collins Gem)
Wild Flowers (Collins Gem)
by Martin Walters

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Gem, 22 Nov 2009
Great field reference that has yet to leave my wifes rucksack, clear and consise descriptions.

Knots (Collins Gem)
Knots (Collins Gem)
by Trevor Bounford

5.0 out of 5 stars Gem of a Book, 22 Nov 2009
This review is from: Knots (Collins Gem) (Paperback)
Great handy sized reference for knots will fit easily in your pack if you wish. Very clear instructions, what more could you want