Profile for J. J. Pecino > Reviews

Content by J. J. Pecino

J. J. Pecino "Huanacauri" (London, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Dark Tower: The Gunslinger: The Little Sisters of Eluria
Dark Tower: The Gunslinger: The Little Sisters of Eluria
by Stephen King

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this world, 6 Sept. 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed the art work and was very close to what I imagined when I read the short story.
I would recommend this if you are into Stephen King and his wonderful world of The Dark Tower.

Dredd (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray)
Dredd (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray)
Dvd ~ Karl Urban

5.0 out of 5 stars Dredd is dredd!, 6 Sept. 2013
First, the Blu-Ray picture is crystal clear. The sound is the best I have ever heard on any Blu-ray.

The film is a step away from Stallone's version, whether it's better or worse is really a matter of personal opinion.
Karl Urban is excellent as Dredd, his rookie, judge Anderson, played by Olivia Thirlby, played her role beautifully and she was full of surprises.
There is a lot of gore, not that that was a problem for me, but be warned if you have a weak stomach, not much is left to the imagination.
waiting and hoping for a sequel now.

Piano Concerto No. 3 In C Minor, Op. 37: Second Movement - Largo
Piano Concerto No. 3 In C Minor, Op. 37: Second Movement - Largo

1.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful piece, shame about the sound quality, 21 Aug. 2012
This is my all time favourite piece by Beethoven, unfortunately the sound quality of the recording is so poor, that I need to really crank up the volume to hear it. This means as I'm working away the spell check shouts at me in decibals totaly unneccessary for human hearing.
A real shame.

Green Lantern (Extended Cut) - Triple Play (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy) [2011] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Ryan Reynolds
Offered by GAMERNOID Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Green is the word, 21 Nov. 2011
This was an anniversary present from the missus. It arrived in good time. Thank you Amazon for the prompt delivery.
The film is very enjoyable in my opinion. I enjoyed it more than Thor. I happen to like Ryan Reynolds as an actor, so I was sold already on watching it. I have always liked Green Lantern since I was a child, so again, good reason to watch it. The effects are excellent, the story wasn't great, but it was still highly entertaining. The sound track seemed to have hints of Superman in it, so a nice touch there.
I watched this on a 37' Toshiba and heard the sound through an Onkyo 5.1 sound system on Blu ray. The picture and sound cannot be faulted.

Now for the Discs themselves: You get a Bluray, DVD and Digital copy.
There are two versions of the film on the Blu-Ray: Theatrical Cut: 114 mins and Extended cut: 123 Mins
Blu-ray Extended cut & Theatrical cut 1080p High Definition 16x9 2, 4:1 DTS-HD Master Audio: English 5.1. Also on Blu-ray Theatrical version only: Dolby Digital: Brazilian Portoguese 5.1 French 5.1, Latin Spanish 5.1, Thai 5.1, English Audio Descriptive Service, Subtitles: English, Bahasa- Indonesian, Brazilian Portogues, Cantonese, Complex Chinese, French, Korean, Latin Spanish, Thai.

Bram Stoker's Dracula [Blu-ray] [2007] [Region Free]
Bram Stoker's Dracula [Blu-ray] [2007] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Gary Oldman
Offered by wantitcheaper

5.0 out of 5 stars Dracula does not suck, 17 Aug. 2011
I love this movie. If I have any issues with it, it's Coppola's choice of casting Keanu Reeves as Jonathan Harker. Nothing against him personally, I actually enjoy watching him in such movies as Constantine, The Matrix and Point Break, he just made such an awful Harker. (IMO)
Always good to see Anthony Hopkins on screen though.

Now, I replaced this on Blu-Ray from DVD. The transfer is superior. A dress that appears white on DVD is actually stripey. There is more detail than you can see on the DVD.
The sound appears to be good, not been able to take advantage of the 5.1 speakers as the kids are up after 8 and by the time I can watch it the neighbours would not appreciate it.
picture: High Definition Widescreen presentation (2.40. 1)

Audio: CZECH 5.1, ENGLISH 5.1, ENGLISH PCM 5.1, HUNGARIAN 5.1, POLISH 5.1, RUSSIAN 4.0 LCRS

SUBTITLES: ARABIC, BULGARIAN, CZECH, DANISH, ENGLISH (HARD OF HEARING), ENGLISH, FRENCH, FINNISH, GREEK, HEBREW, HINDI, HUNGARIAN, ICELANDIC, KOREAN, MANDARIN, NORWEGIAN, POLISH, PORTOGUESE (BRAZILIAN), ROMANIAN, SPANISH (LATIN AMERICAN), SWEDISH, THAI, TURKISH

Theatre Of Blood [DVD]
Theatre Of Blood [DVD]
Dvd ~ Vincent Price
Offered by The Happy Zombie

5.0 out of 5 stars A great British Horror, 21 July 2010
This review is from: Theatre Of Blood [DVD] (DVD)
I have watched this film as a child numerous times, and have always enjoyed it. Vincent Price is my favourite horror actor, his performances were always a joy to watch (IMO). I don't live far from some of the locations where filming took place, so I'm able to see how much the area has changed in 38 years. This film also has a marvelous cast of British actors. Arthur Lowe and Eric Sykes being two of them. For a movie that is over thirty years old I found the sound and picture quality to be quite good.

Extras: Trailer

Languages included are: German, French, Italian and Spanish.

The Flying Sequence
The Flying Sequence

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure magic, 18 July 2010
This review is from: The Flying Sequence (MP3 Download)
This is one of John Williams' most beautiful pieces of music (imho) he has ever composed. It refreshes the soul and gives me goosebumps to hear this melodic sountrack to such a beautiful soul touching movie.

From Beyond The Grave [DVD] [1973]
From Beyond The Grave [DVD] [1973]
Dvd ~ Wendy Allnutt
Offered by classicmovies2000

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories, 18 July 2010
Thank you Amazon for the prompt delivery of this item. I hadn't seen this movie since I was a child. Sadly, I no longer get frightened by horror films, but it was pure joy watching this again. I love Peter Cushing and he plays his character really well. I won't go into any of the stories as other reviewers have done so already. But if you love old British horrors, then this may be for you.
I was quite happy with the picture and sound quality.
No real extras other than a trailer.

Blood: The Last Vampire [Blu-ray]
Blood: The Last Vampire [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Gianna Jun
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 2 April 2010
I found this film could have been a lot more. It had a relatively good cast (Colin Salmon) to name one, but was let down by story and cheap,lazy effects. The flying demon was laughable to say the least. It passes the time, but, I regret having purchased this on Blu Ray. This is a movie I wish I had watched on Film Four and not spent any money on.
I watched this on a Panasonic BD 35. The picture quality was good. The sound was also good through my 2.1 Philips speakers.

Resident Evil [Blu-ray]
Resident Evil [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Milla Jovovich
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent transfer, 2 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Resident Evil [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Received this today. A very good transfer in my opinion. I use to own the DVD and I can tell the difference. Colours are more vivid and I can see more detail. Sound is more powerful. I have a 2.1 Philips speaker system plugged into the headphone socket of my TV.
Languages: English, Italian, French, Spanish and Portoguese.
Subtitles: French, English, Portoguese, Spanish and Italian
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 20, 2010 11:18 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2