Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Tinkerbelle" (Sheringham, Norfolk United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Panasonic Lumix LX5: How to Achieve Exceptional Image Quality (The Lightweight Photographer Books)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not only for the LX5!, 8 Jan. 2014
I do not own this camera - but an equivalent top of the range compact so similar principles apply.
I found this e-book very straightforward to follow and helpful - especially in some explanations eg: Auto focus - the differences between using an SLR and the compact camera.
Am sure that if you are new to the LX5 or one of it's later incarnations it will be essential reading.

Nik Sharpener Pro 3: How to achieve razor sharp images (The Lightweight Photographer Books)

5.0 out of 5 stars Get to Grips with NIK Sharpener, 8 Jan. 2014
I have the compete NIK Collection and have regularly used all their other Plug-ins - Sharpener Pro I have found to be the most difficult to use.
Robin's e-book has really helped me to understand and get the most out of 'Sharpener'. As with his other e-books you can download his example images and work alongside in Photoshop. I find e-books really excellent for tutorial work - to have them beside you on your tablet is so much easier than a 'book' - no problem with keep losing your page!

5 Star Spiral Notepad Headbound Ruled 160 Pages/80 sheets 200x125mm [Pack 10]
5 Star Spiral Notepad Headbound Ruled 160 Pages/80 sheets 200x125mm [Pack 10]
Offered by Office Nerd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great package, 24 Nov. 2013
A really excellent deal for spiral bound note pads - very reasonable quality paper too. I thoroughly recommend this item,

Cookworks Cast Iron 21cm Round Ovenproof Induction Casserole Dish With Lid - Oven To Table - Red / Cream

4.0 out of 5 stars good sized casserole, 24 Nov. 2013
A really good size lovely colour - not as big or heavy as my very old Le Creuset. I hope it will last as long as my 'old faithful' - though am bit disappointed that a very small area of enamel has come off one of the 'dimples' on the lid.

Exploring HDR: Photoshop, Photomatix & Topaz Adjust
Exploring HDR: Photoshop, Photomatix & Topaz Adjust

5.0 out of 5 stars Best HDR book I have read, 5 Nov. 2013
I found this e-book really excellent.
Blake wrights so clearly and concisely that the tutorials are very easy to follow. You can download his actual images and work on them as you follow his instructions. Not only this, but there are many links to his website - where there are more Video Tutorials to follow as well as other 'gems' of information.
I think e-books are great for giving practical photography information - this is one of the very best

The 5:2 Diet Book:  Feast for 5 Days a Week and Fast for 2 to Lose Weight, Boost Your Brain and Transform Your Health
The 5:2 Diet Book: Feast for 5 Days a Week and Fast for 2 to Lose Weight, Boost Your Brain and Transform Your Health

3.0 out of 5 stars OK - but not really what I wanted, 9 Oct. 2013
There are too many books that labour on the details of the FAST Diet and keep quoting on peoples experiences. This wasn't really what I was wanting - the tables of calorie amounts detailed and useful but I don't find recipes without any pictures very exciting.

Essential Photoshop: How to use 9 essential tools and techniques to transform your photography (The Lightweight Photographer Books)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for all Photographic users of Photoshop, 20 Aug. 2013
Robin has managed to produce a Photoshop guide that should really get newcomers to the software on the 'right track' - provided they do wholeheartedly follow Robin's instructions.
At the same time he has come up with techniques and information that will be of great interest and use to long time users of Photoshop - his chapter on 'Curves Adjustments' is the clearest and most complete I have ever come across.

This is a very well written guide, all the techniques are clearly described and there are illustrations throughout to show not only the CS5 dialogue boxes but the subsequent results on the images as well.
I would recommend this book not only to newcomers interested in getting to grips with Photoshop but anyone that wants to get the very best results from their RAW images.

Dramatic Black & White Photography Using Nik Silver Efex Pro 2 (The Lightweight Photographer Books)

5.0 out of 5 stars A really Handy guide to Silver Effex Pro, 24 May 2013
Now this guide is on my tablet it is really easy to work the sample images used in this book which can be downloaded from Robin's site. I also find it great to be able to read the main text in the comfort of the sofa!
I have been using Silver Efex for about a year, so more or less know my way around. What I find so useful and interesting is having explained what the different slider controls actually do - rather than find out by trial and error!
I shall definitely be going back over my recent conversions and hopefully will be able to improve on them.

Thoroughly recommend for all users of this NIK Plugin

Canon 6D Experience - The Still Photography Guide to Operation and Image Creation with the Canon EOS 6D

5.0 out of 5 stars The real practical guide to set up your Canon 6D, 26 April 2013
This is just what I have been looking for!
Having traded up from a 50D I really did want to get to grips with the 'ins and outs' especially the setting up of the full frame 6D. The author reccomends having your camera with you when reading this guide - this is essential if you want to get the most from it. Also being on my tablet it is so much easier to combine handling the camera and reading than if it was a 'proper book'!
This is not for people new to digital SLRs - but for anyone conversant with earlier models it is just great! Having spent the money buying the 6D you might as well take the time and get the best results.

SanDisk SDSDX-016G-FFP 16 GB 45 MB/s Extreme SDHC Card (Packaging Varies)
SanDisk SDSDX-016G-FFP 16 GB 45 MB/s Extreme SDHC Card (Packaging Varies)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cameras with bigger images need larger Cards, 29 Oct. 2012
I bought this SD card as my new Sony RX100 has massive 20mb file size.
I went for this Sandisk card as they have always proved so reliable - this isn't the fastest SD card but it is fine even writing the RAW files from my camera.
An excellent buy for the price.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3