Profile for Katharine Hawksley > Reviews

Content by Katharine Hawksley

Katharine Hawksley

Pannenberg: A Guide for the Perplexed (Guides for the Perplexed)
Pannenberg: A Guide for the Perplexed (Guides for the Perplexed)
by Timothy Bradshaw

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant guide to Pannenberg's theology!, 5 Jan. 2016
This is a brilliant book for anyone who wants to get their head around Pannenberg's theology. I purchased it for an essay and it was well worth it!

The Detective's Daughter
The Detective's Daughter

4.0 out of 5 stars Takes a while but it's worth the wait, 9 Oct. 2013
It took me a month to read this book. I found the first half difficult. It wasn't uninteresting just not my style of writing. However, after about halfway the book transformed for me and I found myself sitting up until the early hours wanting to finish it and find out who the killer was.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, The Return of the King

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite book, 9 Oct. 2013
I love this book. The way in which Tolkien writes creates an amazing world you can lose yourself in. I've read it many times and it's always a pleasure and never gets dull. I've never found another fantasy writer who inspires in this way although many of them are very good.

Smuggler's Kiss
Smuggler's Kiss

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book!, 10 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Smuggler's Kiss (Kindle Edition)
This was one of those rare 'I can't put it down' books. I actually read it in an afternoon. The characters were well thought out and smuggling was an interesting back drop for the story. It was definitely a book that kept you guessing until the end. Well written and immensely enjoyable.

Digital Alarm Clock in Silver/Charcoal 34172
Digital Alarm Clock in Silver/Charcoal 34172
Offered by Clock Emporium

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what you need it to do!, 31 July 2013
Great little alarm clock which wakes me up when I ask it to! I like the fact it also shows the date and temperature and also that it is not backlit, but has a button to press if you do want to see the time in the night. My only criticism would be that the snooze function only lasts for 15 minutes although I haven't yet investigated if it is possible to change this. Overall I'd recommend this product.

Lonely Planet Laos (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Laos (Travel Guide)
by Lonely Planet

5.0 out of 5 stars Lonely Planet delivers as usual, 6 May 2013
Whenever I travel I use a Lonely Planet guide and I'm almost never disappointed. This has all the info you need and more. I'd definitely recommend it.

Common Worship: Time to Pray (Common Worship: Services and Prayers for the Church of England)
by Church of England
Edition: Leather Bound

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book, 13 Feb. 2013
This is a fantastic book! I use it most days especially Compline. It's compact, easy to use and easy to follow. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a simpler version of the Common Worship Daily Prayer.

The Rhythm of Life - Celtic Daily Prayer, New Edition
The Rhythm of Life - Celtic Daily Prayer, New Edition
by David Adam

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for daily prayer, 13 Feb. 2013
This is a great book for anyone wanting to try something different. The weekly cycle provides a great model. The book is well written and easy to follow. I'd recommend it to anyone who likes some structure to their prayer life.