Profile for Jean Bigou > Reviews

Content by Jean Bigou

Jean Bigou "bibliophile" (Devon, UK)

If Only
If Only

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 25 Oct 2013
This review is from: If Only (Audio CD)
Brilliant music - soulful blues and mind-blowing guitar...I would love to find a lot more of his music...should be much more widely known and appreciated than he is.

The Temple of Man
The Temple of Man
by R. A. Schwaller de Lubicz

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply stunning, 13 Sep 2012
This review is from: The Temple of Man (Hardcover)
I bought this book some four years ago and wonder how it is possible to ever be in a real position to review it. I'd very much like to read Schwaller de Lubicz' own review of his opus. What I can say is that it is a monumental piece of work, mind-expanding, massive, and just in case there is life after death, please could my family bury me with this close by.
It is also a stunning work of translation. Deepest thanks are owed to their skill and dedication.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Best device ever invented, 21 Oct 2011
Very happy with my Kindle over two years down the line. Everything it does it does well. Have never read more. Fantastic product. Shame they have apparently downgraded the new versions. I wouldn't be without the 3G facility or the audio capability. Just wish I could order French books from amazon.fr directly.

The Killing - Series 1 [DVD] [2010]
The Killing - Series 1 [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Sofie Gråbøl

5.0 out of 5 stars The Killing....roll on series 2, 23 Mar 2011
Simply brilliant. More like reading a book in some ways because of the ability to explore angles, events, etc. Compelling.

VTech Kidizoom Plus Multimedia Digital Camera (Pink)
VTech Kidizoom Plus Multimedia Digital Camera (Pink)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really delighted with it, 9 Aug 2010
Just purchased this for my 7 year old - it is such a clever little camera. Does everything I/she hoped it would and more. Excellent starter camera.

Princess Ellie to the Rescue (Pony-mad Princess)
Princess Ellie to the Rescue (Pony-mad Princess)
by Diana Kimpton

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, spectacular, 16 Aug 2009
I read this today - I am 6 and I loved it. I love the pictures and the story.

The Angel's Game
The Angel's Game
by Carlos Ruiz Zafon

5.0 out of 5 stars Two words - read it!, 11 Jun 2009
This review is from: The Angel's Game (Hardcover)
Zafon has written a brilliant, haunting, haunted book. I now know what the term "instant classic" really means. Superb, thank you.

Sepulchre
Sepulchre
by Kate Mosse

2.0 out of 5 stars "Crazy", disappointing, a shame, 15 Nov 2007
This review is from: Sepulchre (Hardcover)
Painful Americanese which was so artificially super-imposed it grated at each example.
Over-use of the word "crazy" - beyond anything reasonable. I started to mark the word every time she used it - was it a clue to something? Only perhaps what she thought of her readers.
Anachronistic, unbelievable characters and plot, with time-slips aplenty. Was hoping for something better. The area and its history and intrigues merit better writing than this. I'd rather read Patrice Chaplin's "City of Secrets".
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 31, 2007 3:44 PM GMT