Profile for GrahamD > Reviews

The People Speak: Voices that Changed Britain
The People Speak: Voices that Changed Britain
by Anthony Arnove

4.0 out of 5 stars So much to learn from these heroes of the past!, 6 Nov. 2015
It is easy to see why an actor should have collaborated in the compilation of this fascinating book. Many of the stirring speeches that are included would not be out of place in one of Shakespeare's great dramas; they almost beg to be recited and performed. Because of the language and styles of writing in vogue during different periods, some entries are easier to read than others. All, however, are inspirational and the guiding notes provide an amazing insight into the past. What especially impresses me is the number of speeches from past events that could just as easily be about issues in the current news. Circumstances might change but mankind's quest for liberty, equality and justice is eternal. We have so much to learn from these heroes of the past!

EasyAcc Mini Portable Rechargeable Bluetooth Speaker with Microphone for Tablet/Laptops - Titanium Black
Offered by EasyAcc.U Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing little speaker at an unbelievable price, 6 Nov. 2015
Amazing little speaker at an unbelievable price. Solidly constructed too. Delivered promptly and very well protected. The supplier is very helpful and supportive. I had queries about using the connecting cable to play through instead of using bluetooth and I was quickly put on the right track when I e-mailed the supplier about this. (The accompanying leaflet does not adequately explain this point, but it is apparently necessary to press the mode button on the speaker more than once in order to pick up the music via the cable. I had assumed you only needed to press once to switch off the Bluetooth option!)

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Garment quality is good, but smaller than expected for size, 17 Jun. 2015
Garment quality is very good, but comes up smaller than expected for the size. I have a number of formal jackets sized 44inch short which fit me perfectly. This is supposedly the same size but it is a bit skimpy. Buttoning it up strains the line a little - and putting a wallet in the inside pocket also shows that the garment is rather undersized. I have never needed a larger jacket size in my life, but I had to exchange this jacket for a 46inch short. Thugs fits me perfectly. Samuel Windsor are to be congratulated for their prompt response to the sizing issue. A replacement jacket was with me within three working days - before I had even returned the original order! Many thanks!

SealSkinz Wide Brimmed Bush Hat. Waterproof All Weather. Medium
SealSkinz Wide Brimmed Bush Hat. Waterproof All Weather. Medium

4.0 out of 5 stars All weathers, 24 Oct. 2013
I am a member of a modern community choir and we dress in black. It was difficult to find a hat suitable for singing in the sun and "singing in the rain". This hat fits the bill.

Plastic Handle Hole End White Green Head Bathroom Toilet Bowl Cleaning Brush
Plastic Handle Hole End White Green Head Bathroom Toilet Bowl Cleaning Brush

2.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy, 24 Oct. 2013
The handle of this toilet brush is much too short and the whole thing is rather flimsy. I am afraid it went down the pan!! (not literally of course).

Mens Champion Cartmel Country Style Casual Long Sleeved Shirt Beige Large
Mens Champion Cartmel Country Style Casual Long Sleeved Shirt Beige Large
Offered by Socks Uwear®

5.0 out of 5 stars A shirt my dad likes, 24 Oct. 2013
This shirt is smart and warm. Well made and very easy to wash. No need to iron. Perfect for my dad's needs.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 24 Oct. 2013
Well made and suitable for purpose but I'm afraid it just didn't fit or suit me, sorry. I found it a good home!

The "Time Team" Guide to the Archaeological Sites of Britain and Ireland
The "Time Team" Guide to the Archaeological Sites of Britain and Ireland
by Tim Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars A Quality Book to Cherish!, 25 July 2013
This book was bought as a present for a friend who is known to be very interested in archaeology. Looking through the book before wrapping it, I have to say that it is a fascinating book to read, well written and explained, brilliantly illustrated and beautifully designed. It oozes quality and is clearly a book to cherish!

Black Leather Wallet Cover Case & Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830
Black Leather Wallet Cover Case & Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830
Offered by JAMMYLIZARD

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice case, but I would prefer a soft lining rather than the credit card pockets!, 3 Jan. 2013
I noticed all the good reviews for this product and eventually chose it as a replacement for my existing case which had broken. It is not genuine leather - what would you expect at the price? However, it is attractive and well-made. It is easy to fit the handset into the case, it holds it very snugly, with the flap reassuringly close and secure when closed. There is a nice, well-padded feel which promises a high level of protection for the handset. My previous case had opened lengthwise instead of on the side edge. I wondered if I'd be happy with this changed format, but I am soon getting used to it. In fact, I think that this format probably affords better protection as it would be less easily dislodged if dropped and it makes for a closer fit. Ironically, the one thing I dislike about this case is the manufacturer's attempt to add value by including credit card pockets on the inside face of the flap. These are fairly impracticable and the ridge along the top of each pocket makes an impression on any grease on the handset screen. Doesn't look as if it is likely to mark permanently, but I would still much prefer to have a simple soft-knap lining to protect the screen.

Glam Soap Dish
Glam Soap Dish

4.0 out of 5 stars Well Made & Attractive Soap Dish, 3 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Glam Soap Dish (Kitchen & Home)
Well-made and attractive soap dish, lightweight and easy to clean. I ordered three dishes - one for each sink in our home. The dish is a little larger than I had imagined and it has proved too large for the smallest sink, in our downstairs cloakroom. However, I do like this product very much. We use Dove tablet soap, which is oval and this dish is the right shape for it.

Page: 1 | 2