Profile for Mrs C J Wilson > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
I, Richard Plantagenet: Tante le Desiree: Volume 1
I, Richard Plantagenet: Tante le Desiree: Volume 1
by J. P. Reedman

5.0 out of 5 stars I,Richard Plantagenet :Tante le Desiree:Volume 1., 26 Nov. 2015
I bought this book first from Kindle Books and enjoyed it so much that I had to have it in paperback . This book is written in the first person with Richard telling his story . The title means All that I desire a quotation written by Richard himself as as a very young man. The book begins with Richard a young man of 18 leading the vanguard for his brother Edward in the battle of Barnet against his former friend Richard Neville ,Duke of Warwick and his brother John Neville who have changed their alliance from York to Lancastrian and are joining with Margaret of Anjou and her son Prince Edward, heir to the Lancastrian King Henry V1 . Edward of York has returned to England to reclaim his throne as Edward1V with his brothers George Duke of Clarence and the youngest brother Richard ,Duke of Gloucester. We are immediately part of the battle you feel the mud the fog and the fear and hear the sound of swords and the swing of the battle axes for here is Richard the warrior. This is a Richard we have not met before a young man who has to deal with his scholiosis who feels inferior to his oldest brother because of this. However Richard Is also witty ,a lover of books and music and also has enjoyed lying with women this Richard is no prude. We follow Richard in his pursuit of Ann Neville , we meet his two bastard children John and Katherine and his young son Edward by his wife Ann Neville.Richard weeps at the reburial of his father Richard Duke of York and his brother Edmund we weep also and feel his despair at the execution of his brother the Duke of Clarence. We follow him with the Duke of Albany into the battles with Scotland. Janet Reedman makes the reader feel there with Richard hearing his inner most fears but also .sharing in his love of music and books . I now can hardly wait for volume two as we leave Richard saddened by the diminishing health of his brother the King disappointed in his eldest brother but still loyal .

The House Of York
The House Of York

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 10 Nov. 2015
This review is from: The House Of York (Kindle Edition)
I did not really like this book sorry to give a negative review

The Wars of the Roses: The Key Players in the Struggle for Supremacy
The Wars of the Roses: The Key Players in the Struggle for Supremacy
by Matthew Lewis

5.0 out of 5 stars The Wars of the Roses.The key players, 10 Aug. 2015
I am a great fan of Matthew Lewis' books and this book as usual does not fail to enthrall,great care has been taken to give an unbiased account of the wars of the roses and is written in his usual inimitable style.I can recommend this book to all fans of this period of British history.I now look forward to his next book.

The Gloucestre Chronicles
The Gloucestre Chronicles

5.0 out of 5 stars The Gloucestre Chronicles by C J Lock, 7 July 2015
This book is appropriately named as it highlights selected events in the life of Richard ,Duke of Gloucester, who was later to become King Richard 111, and revolves around the issues of love and loyalty.
The introduction of fictional characters and events brings thought- provoking aspects to the narrative, and does not detract from the major themes of love and loyalty, particularly with regard to Anne Neville, his wife, Edward IV, his brother and Francis Neville , his friend from childhood. Richard's divided loyalties towards Richard Neville, the Earl of Warwick, and others are dealt with sympathetically and the author uses her descriptive skills to enable the reader to feel a participant in the story.
I look forward to a sequel to this intriguing aspect of English history.

Cath Kidston large open tote oilcloth spot sage green
Cath Kidston large open tote oilcloth spot sage green

5.0 out of 5 stars Catherine Kidston large tote bag, 29 May 2015
Bought for my daughter She loved it

Loyaulte: Stories of King Richard III: Tales of the White Boar 2
Loyaulte: Stories of King Richard III: Tales of the White Boar 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Richard 111 Tales of the White Boar Having already read Books 1 and 2 and enjoyed both I had no hesitation in purchasing Book 3, 20 May 2015
Loyaulte: Richard 111 Tales of the White Boar Having already read Books 1 and 2 and enjoyed both I had no hesitation in purchasing Book 3 and I was not disappointed. I love these short tales about Richard which Janet tells in such and easy and enjoyable style. Short anecdotes giving a more personal touch about the various times in Richard's life. His relationships with his mother siblings and wife are touched upon.

WOMEN'S MARY JANE COURT SHOES LADIES VELCRO LOW BLOCK HEEL OFFICE SHOES, 6 UK
WOMEN'S MARY JANE COURT SHOES LADIES VELCRO LOW BLOCK HEEL OFFICE SHOES, 6 UK
Offered by Koo-online

5.0 out of 5 stars Mary Jane Court shoes, 3 Nov. 2014
i have trouble getting shoes to fit me but these are so comfortable. Love the colour and the qualiy too .I would buy more of these in different colours.

Womens Ladies Lotus Branded Purple, EEE fit Court Shoes Heels, Size UK 6EEE
Womens Ladies Lotus Branded Purple, EEE fit Court Shoes Heels, Size UK 6EEE
Offered by surf4shoes Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Lotus shoes, 8 Sept. 2014
I liked the colour the fit and the style. I am very pleased with them

The Roaring Tide: A Tale of High Treason (Laurence the Armourer Book 3)
The Roaring Tide: A Tale of High Treason (Laurence the Armourer Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Roaring Tide by Richard Unwin, 31 Aug. 2014
Bought The Roaring Tide: A Tale of High Treason (Laurence the Armourer Book 3) several weeks ago having read books one and two I was not disappointed offers interesting theories relating to Perkin Warbeck thought to be Richard Duke of York one of the Princes who vanished from the tower. Learn also about James 111 of Scotland who supported Richard's claim to the throne. Writer shows great understanding of armour and weaponry in those times. Read this book you won't be disappointed.
Carole Wilson

Diamonds & Dust: A Victorian Murder Mystery
Diamonds & Dust: A Victorian Murder Mystery

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the first book I have read by Carol Hedges and I enjoyed it very much, 3 Aug. 2014
I purchased Diamonds and Dust: A Victorian Mystery about 10 days ago. This is the first book I have read by Carol Hedges and I enjoyed it very much. The plot unfolded nicely and the characters were well drawn and interesting. This book held my interest throughout and I feel encouraged to read more of this author's work

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4