Profile for - > Reviews

The Blind Watchmaker
by Richard Dawkins
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Dawkins at his best, 8 Mar 2007
This review is from: The Blind Watchmaker (Paperback)
I started reading "The Selfish Gene", "The God Delusion" and then this book. I have not been able to put it down since I have started the 1st page.

This is a fantastic read. Not as complex as some parts of the Selfish Gene, this book reads far easier, it is just as interesting and well articulated.

This is Dawkins at his best.I highly recommend this book as yet another engaging wake up call to those who have been brainwashed into believing that humanity's greatest aspect, our ability to reason, is "sinful". Read and be enlightened.

A Short History Of Nearly Everything
A Short History Of Nearly Everything
by Bill Bryson
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Great!, 8 Feb 2007
This is a great book.

Written as you are reading Harrry Potter this book can be handled by 12-13 old teenagers with no problem at all.

Howewer, in its semplicity this book does not lack at all in rigorouseness and science methodology.

A must have for your library, this book will make you say "it's a good job that I am able to read and enjoy so much while doing it"

Planet Earth : Complete BBC Series (5 Disc Box Set) [2006] [DVD]
Planet Earth : Complete BBC Series (5 Disc Box Set) [2006] [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Attenborough
Offered by 101Trading
Price: 10.36

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must have DVD, 6 Feb 2007
This documentary is epic.

It should be in every house and school.

The images are wonderful and the filming techniques revolutionary.

Sir David Attemborough commentary is the cherry on top of one of the best cake ever produced by the BBC.

Highly reccomended

The God Delusion
The God Delusion
by Richard Dawkins

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best book I have ever read, 7 Jan 2007
This review is from: The God Delusion (Hardcover)
This has been one of the best book I have ever read. I read it twice in 1 month and coming from a christian childhood I could really see myself in many of the situations described by Dawkins.
I became an atheist 10 months before the release of this book following many years of questioning and various reading from Bertrand Russell plus Dawkins' The Selfish Gene' , Hawkins 'A Brief History of Time' and various book from John Gribbin.
The God Delusion was a further confirmation of how life is beautiful without the need of a God.
Richard Dawkins is to admire for the courage of his ideas with no fear to face hypocrit moralists.
His writing style is amazing.
Highly reccomended

TomTom One UK GPS Navigation System With UK Mapping
TomTom One UK GPS Navigation System With UK Mapping

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 25 April 2006
I purchased the TomTom One and I love it. Its so easy to use - sets up in 3 mins. I have also downloaded the camera updates to the TomTom. Its brilliant - has found everywhere I have asked it to take me. It looks good, its beautifully shaped (better than the bulky 300 or 500) and works spotlessly.

Kudos to Amazon who delivered it in one day and half from thr order.

Highly reccomended: driving will not be the same again!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3