Profile for KG > Reviews

The Love Key: How to Unlock Your Psychic Powers to Find True Love
The Love Key: How to Unlock Your Psychic Powers to Find True Love
by Joanna Scott

3.0 out of 5 stars Accurate in areas but be careful!, 10 Mar. 2011
I bought this book, like many, because I read it in a newspaper. Again, like many I have had a few awful dates, bad dating site experience and a couple of hard relationships. Parts in the book, I felt were accurate and some parts I can relate to and made me realise there was 'signs' indicating of things what were going to happen in my relationship, but brushed under the carpet or reasoned it away so in the end, I was really only prolonging the heartbreak, and ended up more hurt than if I walked away months before, but other parts, about star/moon/sun signs etc I felt were pointless, I know many people who date 'opposite' star signs who are happily married, etc and signs, what lead to nothing so therefore, about probably half of the book was wasted.

The only thing I would suggest, is to be careful not to take this book too seriously. Its good in the sense that it opens your eyes, on popular things that we all shy away from (eg. certain behaviours/signs what strongly suggest bad outcomes) and can help you steer away from the undesirables so, I will try and remember to walk away from bad dates etc what inevitably will lead to hurt or heartbreak but the bad side of this book, is its easy to get caught up in it and start believing/relying on it too much. I will still give people a chance as I hope they would with me and won't write people off or tar them with the same brush as the 'bad' guys straight away.

The Further Adventures of a London Call Girl
The Further Adventures of a London Call Girl
by Belle de Jour

3.0 out of 5 stars Still witty but mostly disappointing, 7 Sept. 2010
I bought this book after I read the first one as I felt it was only right to read the second. I have to admit I am hugely disappointed, it isnt as good as the first one, but the first one wasnt good in the first place.

I found this one dragged alot and some events were a little unbelievable. In some parts, the quick wit Belle from the first book pops up in some areas, but then seemed to die down again. If I didnt know it, I would of thought someone else wrote this book compared to the first one. She seems like two different women. In her first book she was a call girl, who loved the money, in the second, she quits over night, gets an office job, leaves it, and flies to America. It just all seems a bit unrealistic.

I got a little bored of hearing about "The Boy", and the things he was doing to her. Whether it was love or not, I know if I found my boyfriend, searching through my things, or seeing other women, I would of done alot more than ignore it. For a woman who seems so confident, and even more so because she is a call girl, does she really think that little of herself to be walked over, or is this just made up and dragged out, because she had nothing else to write about, and it just made more of a story?

We dont hear as much about the A's in this one, and they pretty much seem to disappear once she goes on a very long holiday to see her cousin in America. Spends more time ringing "The Boy" and never seemed to ring any of the A's or N, I was shocked, considering these are her "best friends" and always been there for her.

The way she talks about some scenes, I find it hard to believe. I have male friends and I am not easily embarassed or shocked when they describe what they want to do to a woman in the most explicit ways possible. But hearing "Belle" say it, made me feel like maybe a man wrote these parts? Even down to how she met people in one scene when she goes into a club and picks up a woman and instantly goes home with her, showers and takes her to bed. I felt this is probably more of a man's fantasy than reality. Hand on heart, how many of us, know people who can pick up men or women as easily, quickly, and daily as Belle? Seems too good to be true.

The Intimate Adventures of a London Call Girl
The Intimate Adventures of a London Call Girl
by Belle de Jour

3.0 out of 5 stars Good read but little disappointing on some areas..., 2 Sept. 2010
I bought this book because I thought it would a good read, after watching the TV Series with Billie Piper in and interview with real Belle De Jour. I have to admit, I was took back after reading the first chapter, as it certainly not like the TV series at all I was hoping that some of the events in the series would be based from the book...but still entertaining.

Belle has written it like a diary, in bite size pieces which is great if you only have 5 minutes here or there to get a quick read in on a bus etc, but it does get confusing as she addresses four of her ex boyfriend's as A1, A2, A3, and A4 and its very hard to remember which is which. She doesnt use names for people which makes it less memorable, she uses things like "the boy" or "N" or "Ten pence bet", sometimes you have to guess when she talks about some men if its "clients" or if its real life dates when shes not being 'Belle'.

It does jump forward and back a few times and occasionally I have had to turn back the pages to recall on the person she refers to. Other than that, I enjoyed it, and tried reading the odd section every time I had 5 minutes. I will be buying a couple of others, just so I can say I read them.

101 Things You Thought You Knew About the Titanic...But Didn't
101 Things You Thought You Knew About the Titanic...But Didn't
by Tim Maltin

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 27 May 2010
This book is perfect in every way. Whether you are just starting to get interested in Titanic or if you're like myself, have been interested in Titanic for many many years. I must admit at first I was wary of the book because I thought it might have been like most books I have on Titanic, what say the same thing over and over, and I thought I knew everything. But after sitting down and reading this book even after the first page, I was so happy to read things that I have never heard or seen before. Its easy reading, and drags you in the more you read on. I was so dragged into it, I read it in a day.

I love how Tim has set out at the contents page, listing every theory in number, then sets out thoroughout the book, each number and evidence to back up whether its true, false or a possibility. Even some websites where you can see pictures or read stories about Titanic. Its books like this one, what keeps Titanics memory, and story alive, even after 98 years after its sinking.

I love how its got thick pages and hardback cover, and this will be one book I will be keeping to read again and again plus to past down to my daughter when shes old enough to read it and appreciate the story.

The only downside of this book I found was, it could of done with a couple of pictures of maybe Titanic before and after it sunk, and pictures of some passengers what are mentioned in the book, so you can put images to the reading. But it was such a good book, that even without pictures, i couldnt put it down!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 3, 2012 2:41 PM BST