Profile for J. Foster > Reviews

Content by J. Foster

J. Foster (UK)

Flash Gordon - 30th Anniversary Ltd Edition - Special Edition Steelbook [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Sam Jones

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor audio lets down this movie!, 6 Nov. 2010
I love this movie, but poor execution has coloured my view somewhat.
Speaking of colour, I always remembered this movie as being sumptiously over the top in its use of colour.
However this edition look pallid and flat.
Worst of all the audio is horrendous, I know that some scenes are set in a big space, and have that big space echo, yet I could not believe it extended to almost the whole movie and some of the musical soundtrack too.
There is one scene where two characters are in the same room, only a few feet apart, one sounds like like he is standing right next to you and the other as if they are in some huge underground cavern! It gets very annoying and distracts from the camp fun of this movie with its often cheesy dialogue. I listened through my 5.1 set up and double checked with another blu ray as I thought my amp had died a death!

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (1-Disc) [DVD]
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (1-Disc) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Shia LaBeouf
Offered by DVDBayFBA

2.0 out of 5 stars Rehashed nonsense, 9 May 2010
I loved Transformers the movie, but would have preferred a bigger more intelligent contribution, from the Transfromers themselves.
The Revenge of the Fallen is a major dissapointment, essentially the same movie but with the good bits taken out, volume cranked up, and ceasless pointless fighting. Way too long and It left me with a headache.
It ranks in dissapointment up there with Star Wars Episode 1 The Phantom Menace, and even has its own annoying versions of Jar Jar Binks. If you are under the age of 8 or you like seeing a very long loud advert for plastic Transforming robots, (many of which will grace your childs Christmas and Birthday lists) then this is for you.