Profile for Dorothy Burgess > Reviews

Content by Dorothy Burgess

Dorothy Burgess (Wellington, AL USA)

Music Music Music
Music Music Music
Offered by Giant Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, 10 Dec. 2008
This review is from: Music Music Music (Audio CD)
John Barrowman's Music, Music, Music is his follow up to last years Another Side. Barrowman has said that the title is a homage to his catch phrase of fantastic, fantastic, fantastic which he uses often on tv talent shows he judges. The title is also indicative of the three types of songs on his album. Country (the Keith Urban song You'll think of me and Sarah McLachlan's Angel), Pop (Billy Joel's Uptown Girl, From a Distance and the Gary Barlow track written for this album What about us?)and Show tunes (I know him so well (from Chess, done as duet with Daniel Boys) and I am what I am (from La Cage Aux Folles). The duet from Chess which is usually song by two women is one of the outstanding tracks. Barrowman and Boys reach the emotional heart of this song and give it a new color. Also outstanding are I am what I am and What about us? I am what I am is a great choice for the very gay and very masculine Barrowman. There is nothing camp about this performance. This is a gay anthem for the 21st century. Music, music music would be a great gift for the music lover in your life.