Profile for Nikki > Reviews

Content by Nikki

Nikki "nikkithewitch" (Belfast)

Awakening the Soul: the Trilogy (Proof of Our Spiritual Nature / Our Suppressed Spiritual Nature / Restoring Your Spiritual Nature)
by Bill Missett

5.0 out of 5 stars Awakening the Soul by Bill Missett is changing my life!, 19 May 2014
This fabulous trilogy is a MUST-READ for all who those seek to live a truly spiritual life! It has had a profound impact on me and I must share some of my thoughts about it with you all.

From the moment I read the first words, I immediately trusted the writer's 'voice' and knew that Awakening the Soul would offer something I was looking for.

I've been a sceptical seeker of truth since I was a young teenager which has lead me down various spiritual and religious pathways over the past twenty-five years. As you can imagine, I have hit many brick walls along the way. It just so happened that just before I was led to Awakening the Soul, I was looking straight at another brick wall.

I prayed and wished that I could have a mentor who could help me to learn more so that I could continue to develop my understanding of myself as a spiritual being. As it turns out it was Awakening the Soul that was the answer to my prayers.

I read Book One - Awakening the Soul: Proof of our Spiritual Nature- and could not believe my eyes. In addition to learning new things, without seeming over-dramatic, I actually had a few tears as I actually received confirmation of some of the personal inspirational writing I had done prior to knowing about Awakening the Soul - at times this appeared word for word and was clear validation of the source of my inspiration (hence the tears-I'm even a sceptic when I'm involved).

Book Two -Awakening the Soul: Our Suppressed Spiritual Nature - made me cross! I was initially very angry. I felt robbed! Although I knew that certain religious organizations were not great on assisting seekers of truth (for their own selfish reasons) I had no idea about the great lengths they went to to secure suppression of our personal spiritual natures. I was cross because I felt if they had not done this, we would all be in a much more enlightened state and there would be numerous mentors with the spiritual knowledge that Bill Missett shared available to assist seekers like myself.

However it was Book Three - Awakening the Soul: Restoring Your Spiritual Nature that provided my missing link. In addition to everything else, the processes that the writer describes are powerful! I couldn't believe that they actually had an immediate effect upon me; I really thought I would have to be trying them for months or maybe years before I had any success - and I was fully prepared to wait because I trusted the writer's voice and just knew that it would unfold for me when the time was right.

I was seeking to gain greater understanding of myself as a spiritual being before being led to Awakening the Soul. I was not expecting to discover the missing link I've been searching for on my quest for spiritual knowledge; yet, this is precisely what Awakening of the Soul is for me - the missing link!

So, to cut a long story short, and I hope this expresses my reaction to Awakening the Soul clearly, I have bought Awakening the Soul: The Trilogy as a gift for a friend and have recommended it to many others. Now I am recommending it to you! I truly hope that you decide to get yourself a copy and let it help you to move forward on your spiritual journeys.

I have not put Awakening the Soul on a shelf since I got it as I keep reading it over and over...each time finding something new. I really cannot express enough how I wish I had found Awakening the Soul: The Trilogy sooner ... but perhaps there is truth in the old saying,"When the student is ready, the teacher appears!"

Phineas & Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension [DVD]
Phineas & Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dan Povenmire

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent adventure for all the family!!, 22 July 2012
This film is adventurous and exciting!! It really is fun for all the family!!! Great for a treat or a rainy day!!!

Authors in Context: Thomas Hardy (Oxford World's Classics)
Authors in Context: Thomas Hardy (Oxford World's Classics)
by Patricia Ingham

5.0 out of 5 stars Hardy's History!!, 6 July 2010
This is an excellent resource for the context behind Hardy's literature! A first stop for anyone studying or teaching Hardy's works!! Well written, informative and thoroughly engaging!! Definitely gets the thumbs up from me!!

Elected Friends: Robert Frost and Edward Thomas to One Another
Elected Friends: Robert Frost and Edward Thomas to One Another
by Matthew Spencer

5.0 out of 5 stars Enlightening, 3 Mar. 2010
This collection of letters is a wonderful historical document of these poets' personalities and the friendship they shared. Upon reading, the student of literature will gain great insight into these literary greats and will allow them to view these poets as real human beings. A great read!

The Gothic Tradition (Cambridge Contexts in Literature)
The Gothic Tradition (Cambridge Contexts in Literature)
by David Stevens

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Starting Point, 9 Aug. 2005
The Gothic Tradition provides a very good starting point for anyone studying this area of Literature. It provides synopses of the historical revival of the Gothic tradition and the early manifestations of 'Gothic' in literature, art and architecture. There are some excellent exercises which will help the student develop a better understanding of Gothic literature, including extracts from various 'Gothic' novels which could be compared etc. The book also provides an extensive suggested reading list for further investigation which is very useful.
An excellent beginning indeed.

Developing Your Own Psychic Powers 6 CD Set
Developing Your Own Psychic Powers 6 CD Set
by John Edward
Edition: Audio CD

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent beginning!!!!, 9 Aug. 2005
I am pleased to now find this audio set available on CD as my tape player recently devoured one of the tapes.
I have used it for over a year following the guided visualization exercises daily and my husband has recently started to meditate using the tapes.
It is an excellent beginning to any psychic or spiritual development yet it can be used (particularly tape 1) just to obtain a more calm everyday existence.
At times John Edward does speak too quickly yet by remembering the'guide' that he provides, the exercises can be done with lightly relaxing music and as much time can be taken as one feels necessary.
I believe that using this series has had a positive influence in my life and my husband already reports positive changes. John Edward should be given a medal for creating this series because in my opinion it is fantastic, realistic and an excellent beginning to any psychic or spiritual development if one chooses this direction.
If your stressed, have a negative outlook on life or if you are simply looking for an alternative to your regular meditation routine ... you should buy it today.

Practical Psychic Self-defense: Understanding and Surviving Unseen Influences
Practical Psychic Self-defense: Understanding and Surviving Unseen Influences
by Robert Bruce

4.0 out of 5 stars The frightening reality, 5 Aug. 2004
When beginning to read this book, the reader may initially feel that the author has somehow lost the plot. Soon enough though, the reader realises that what the author describes in great detail, are things you have experienced yourself. This book is written with the novice mystic in mind, and written in an easy to read language - no prior knowledge of negs required. The majority of preventative measures the author describes are easily done, and do not require mystical objects. It is a must for anyone delving into the psychic world - however be warned the truth can be frightening.