Profile for Wise Old Owl > Reviews

Content by Wise Old Owl

Wise Old Owl (Hampshire UK)

Page: 1 | 2
BalanceFrom High Accuracy MemoryTrack Plus Digital Bathroom Scale with "Smart Step-On" and MemoryTrack Technology, Extra Large Dual Color Backlight Display [NEWEST VERSION] (Silver)
Offered by BalanceFrom UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with these scales, 15 July 2016
Very pleased with these scales, they were well packaged and arrived promptly. Easy to use and weigh 2lbs less than my old ones. What's not too like!

The Complete Mapp & Lucia: Volume One (Wordsworth Classics)
The Complete Mapp & Lucia: Volume One (Wordsworth Classics)

1.0 out of 5 stars Bought previously, just discovered book is a duplicate of Volume Two., 26 Jan. 2016
Definitely something wrong!!!! Volume One is a duplicate of Volume Two of The Complete Mapp & Lucia, only the covers are different. I note that Volume One is no longer available but unfortunately I bought it previously and have already got it on my Kindle. So what happens now, will I be automatically offered a replacement download when this book is available again?

Scholl Cracked Heel Repair Cream Active Repair K+ Visible Results in 3 Days
Scholl Cracked Heel Repair Cream Active Repair K+ Visible Results in 3 Days
Offered by Greens Pharmacy

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy to recommend this one......, 1 Oct. 2015
This product will not only repair cracked heels and sooth the pain as well, used regularly it will also prevent the return of those symptoms. A further plus, it also works well as a toenail softener - no more hard to cut toenails. It works for me!

The Suspicions of Mr Whicher: or The Murder at Road Hill House
The Suspicions of Mr Whicher: or The Murder at Road Hill House

5.0 out of 5 stars It is a true murder mystery brilliantly researched and written, 15 Nov. 2014
This is so much more than a detective novel. It is a true murder mystery brilliantly researched and written, a "who dunnit" that encompasses Victorian social history, the rise in popularity of the detective novel genre, and the scourge of syphilis, as well as the goings on at Road Hill House. Nor does it end when the murderer is revealed, the final chapters are equally fascinating. I literally could not put it down.

Snowman Moppy Ball Festive Dog Toy by Good Boy
Snowman Moppy Ball Festive Dog Toy by Good Boy

5.0 out of 5 stars I asked my dog to review this one., 20 April 2014
To be honest most of my toys don't last very long once I start chewing them but these moppy toys by Good boy are much tougher and last longer than normal. My last one was a penguin and I had him for almost three months before I chewed through his moppy exterior and pulled all his stuffing out. He squeaked to the end too, not many toys do that. Snowman has already given me hours of fun, I can pounce on him, shake him and carry him around in my mouth and chew him too. What more could any dog want.

2 x High Capacity Mobile Phone Battery For Samsung Galaxy S 3 S3 i9300 SIII GT-I9300 - More Power For Your Phone. High Capacity Replacement Battery - 2850MAH Uk Seller

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased with this purchase, 12 April 2014
I ordered this item because I was not impressed with the life of the battery supplied with my Galaxy S3. Using a High Capacity Battery has made a difference and generally doubled battery life from one day to two, so I am pleased with that. And the order was delivered very quickly too. If like me you find that neither battery appears to charge after unpacking then don't forget to remove the tape from the terminals before use!

Sell-Ideas® Samsung Galaxy S3 9300 Wallet Case Cover With Free Screen Cover and Stylus (S3 Wallet Purple)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 5 April 2014
This item took longer to arrive than I expected, but then so did my Mothers Day Card, so have to blame the Post Office for that! The seller had offered to refund or replace when I queried non arrival with him originally, and when the wallet case did arrive it was exactly as described and fitted my Galaxy S3 perfectly. Very pleased with it, and the seller's response to my query.

Eyestandia: or... The way other people might see us
Eyestandia: or... The way other people might see us

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this book., 23 Mar. 2014
A cleverly written satire which made me laugh outloud, grieve for the death of a child, and despise the character of Toby Lyre. The author has cleverly captured the speech rythymns and cadences of the latter, when he spoke I could hear another familiar voice in my head.... And always I needed to know what happened next and had to keep on reading.

Longbourn
Longbourn

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book, 23 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Longbourn (Kindle Edition)
This book takes you below the smooth surface of the orderly Bennett family's world and reveals just how hard the servants had to work to maintain it. The drudgery of washday in particular is astonishing, but everyday is hard work for the staff in the kitchen. Once the scene is set the love story between the maid Sarah and the mysterious coachman James gradually unfolds. At the same time the parallel lives of the Bennett family, their comings and goings, and their visitors the Bingleys, Mr Darcy and Mr Wickham are a part of the story but never the whole. This is a beautifully written book that had me enthralled from the first chapter and I could not stop reading it. Just brilliant!

Scholl Toenail Softener 5ml
Scholl Toenail Softener 5ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Works a treat., 4 Dec. 2013
I can still reach my feet to cut my toenails but over the last year or so have found it more and more difficult to actually cut them. Especially my big toes which have become as tough as old boots. Another of the joys of growing older I suppose! Then I discovered Scholl's Toenail Softener and have never looked back. As this product seems to have disappeared from my local Boots and Sainsburys I bought in bulk online, and now my aged claws are just fine.

Page: 1 | 2