Profile for DJ > Reviews

Content by DJ

DJ

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Ebanyu (EVERNEW) titanium cooker for one person set RED ECA278R (Japan import)
Ebanyu (EVERNEW) titanium cooker for one person set RED ECA278R (Japan import)
Offered by JAPAN-KAMIKAZE01

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Draw Gear, 28 July 2015
Super lightweight combination. Evernew make quality products, this set being one of the best pieces of ultralight backpacking gear I have. I have no doubt this will last year's and will always be my first choice when off out for a few days.
Purchased from Japan, arrived in 16 days and saved me over 30 pounds from a a UK supplier.

Solo Stove: Ultra Light Weight Woodgas Backpacking Stove, Emergency Survival Stove, Wood Burning Camping Stove
Offered by Solo Stove International

5.0 out of 5 stars Light Weight Quality, 5 Mar. 2015
Purchased this when on sale at £49.99. as I like the concept of free fuel I usually carry an mkettle to boil water for a brew and rehydrating freeze dried meals. Wanting to cook on a wood stove I opted for this after watching reviews on youtube.
The stove arrived in very strong packaging and when weighed including bag came out at 265 grams. I have twinned this with an Alpkit 900ml mytipot, 100 grams and £4.99 cheaper than the solo pot.
In practical use the stove quickly boils a pot full of water (see youtube for top down burn and practice a few times to get the hang of it).
The pot will soot despite the manufactures claim of a clean burn but if you use wood frequently as a fuel source this won't bother you. I also carry a Trail Designs alcohol stove (16 grams) and simmer ring (4 grams) which work fine sat inside the stove for bad weather or if I'm in a hurry.
This stove is fantastic for cooking burning wood, a quality item that I would have been happy to pay full price for.
If all you want to do however is boil water I would opt for the mkettle (418 grams with bag) as the soot is confined to the chimey and therefore less of a mess.
If you use an alcohol stove as your primary cook method but like the idea of wood as a back up opt for the Vargo Hexagon Wood stove (137 grams with bag), this is a pot stand and wind shield with wood stove which flat packs.
I have no connection to any business or supplier, these product reviews are based only on practical applications, the items being purchased with my own hard earned cash.
I

Army Green Tactical Water Bottle Bags Kettle Pack Shoulder Strap Nylon Pouch
Army Green Tactical Water Bottle Bags Kettle Pack Shoulder Strap Nylon Pouch
Offered by SZDSHL Supply most item 8-18days arrive !

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed but not surprised., 5 Feb. 2015
Zip broke second time out. I should have paid the extra for the Condor H2O.

Flyye Canteen Pouch Ver. FE MOLLE Olive Drab
Flyye Canteen Pouch Ver. FE MOLLE Olive Drab
Offered by Military 1st

4.0 out of 5 stars Canteen pouch, 22 Dec. 2014
I purchased this to hold a 1 quart usgi water bottle, mug and stove combination. They just fit, however the lid and strap are at their maximum and look aesthetically poor. This pouch does work brilliantly for a bridge camera and mounted on the side of my molle compatible day sack does a great job. Quality of the item is first class but if you want a usgi 1 quart pouch then you will need to purchase the one from maxpedition.

Fire Maple Fmc-xk6 Xk6 Heat Collectiing Exchanger Pot Cup Camping Picnic Cookware Kettle 1l

5.0 out of 5 stars Brupot, 11 Dec. 2014
Purchased the Alpkit version (rebadged Fire Maple). Twenty quid,well worth the money.

MSR Piezo Ignitor -
MSR Piezo Ignitor -
Offered by Facewest

5.0 out of 5 stars Piezo Ignition MSR style, 11 Dec. 2014
This review is from: MSR Piezo Ignitor - (Sports)
I purchased this to pair with an Alpkit (kraku) titanium stove. Lights the stove first time, every time. Fits neatly along side the stove in it's bag, so I always have ignition available.
Yes matches, a bic lighter or a ferro rod will do the job but this is such a nice indulgance.

Nalgene Oasis Bottle (Foliage, 1-Quart)
Nalgene Oasis Bottle (Foliage, 1-Quart)
Offered by Vertical Extreme

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favourite, 1 Nov. 2014
Superb quality. The kidney shape combined with the plastic lid retaining strap means it sits comfortably in the mesh external pocket in my rucksack and it is easy to retrieve and replace one handed. Mislaid mine on the Inca Trail, replacement already ordered.

Personal: (Jack Reacher 19)
Personal: (Jack Reacher 19)

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing, 1 Nov. 2014
Lost his touch. This has to be the worst book in the series. Usually I can't put his latest Reacher book down until I have finished it. I laboured through number 19, poor story line and lacking a solid thread. Stop writing one a year to satisfy your publisher.

Stanley 0.71Litre Adventure Camp Cook Set, Green/ Silver
Stanley 0.71Litre Adventure Camp Cook Set, Green/ Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 1 Oct. 2014
This is my second set from Amazon, the first had a micro crack 15mm from the base. Even with this fault the quality stood out and a replacement was received in four working days.

The specifications
Pot height 150mm Diameter 100mm tapering to 82mm
Pot weight 190g Lid 32g Mug 83g
Capacity 709ml with marked graduations 8oz/237ml 12oz/356ml 16oz/473ml 20oz/591ml

Stainless steel with a hinged handle braced securely in a locked position when opened. When closed the handle folds over the pot holding the lid in place. The lid has a plastic lifter which if required can be replaced with a metal split ring. I leave mine vertical when cooking and have had no problem with heat affecting it. The lid also has four small vent holes which I would not recommend be used for straining.

In use this pot boiled 500mls (2 cups) of water over a Trangia meths stove in 15 mins. It also boiled 500mls of water over my Vargo Hexagon Wood stove in 15 mins.

Boil in a bag meals fit fine and warm through great.

After use on a wood burner the pot scrubs up nicely with a Brillo Pad.

If used for backpacking leave the cups at home and carry something lighter.

For under twenty quid this pot is outstanding and is set to become my favourite backpacking cookset twinned with my Vargo wood stove.

seraquin joint support 2g x 60
seraquin joint support 2g x 60
Offered by VetePet

5.0 out of 5 stars Joint Relief, 28 Jun. 2014
My Westie Daisy has had a problem with the knee joint on her rear left leg. The Vet treated her but has indicated that the problem may require surgery at a later date. However she recommended Seraquin which I have purchased from Amazon at nearly half the price of the Vet dispensary.
Dosage is as follows:
less than 10 kg1 tablet a day
10 -20 kg 2 tablets daily
20 - 40 kg 3 tablets daily
more than 40 kg 4 tablets daily
reducing by half after 4 - 6 weeks
Daisy has responded well to the initial treatment and two weeks into Seraquin shows no discomfort or leg dragging and can sprint without any problem.
The tablets are 20mm in diameter and 4mm thick but break into pieces easily. There are several ingredients in this product, the obvious two being Glucosamine HCL and Chondroitin Sulphate.
Daisy takes them from my hand but not with the same enthusiasm as Pedigree Gravy Bones.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13