Profile for Unknown > Reviews

Content by Unknown

Unknown (UK)

Sid Meier's Civilization: Revolution (Xbox 360)
Sid Meier's Civilization: Revolution (Xbox 360)
Offered by Bargain Games UK
Price: 17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great version for the Console., 15 Jun 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
The other reveiws pretty much cover my thoughts on the game. I'm a PC veteran & agree that the easy 'chieftain' level of play can be skipped by those who have played the game before on the PC or those who laready know the control buttons on the gamepad. I've played three games on the easy level and the longest I played, winning via the space race achievement, was 3 hours. (on the old PC version this would of taken days for me to do)

I don't know what this RTS/realtime concept is, like Command & Conquer? Civ Rev plays via game turns just like the PC & Playstation versions - you can take as long or as quick as you like to work through the years. This was a quick concern I had when I couldn't grasp the meaning from reviews on other websites etc., but thankfully it plays via the old 'I-go-you-go' method like most boardgames.

Enjoyable so far. Hopefully, when I get onto the harder difficulty levels the games will last longer - I couldn't help myself I had to obliterate the Xbox armies of archers and spearmen with my all powerful T34 Soviet tank armies :)

Last note - the ICBMs and the space shuttle launches blasting off from your cities and going off into outer space - Jaw dropping when I first saw it.