Profile for Steve P > Reviews

Content by Steve P

Steve P

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Personal (Jack Reacher 19)
Personal (Jack Reacher 19)
Price: 7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as ever!, 7 Sep 2014
Read it in two sittings and the only reason I didn't in one is my train pulled in at London St Pancras. Excellent story from a fellow Brumie, way to go Lee Child.

The Templar's Apprentice (The Outremer Chronicles Book 1)
The Templar's Apprentice (The Outremer Chronicles Book 1)
Price: 1.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read, 4 May 2014
Well paced, well written with lots of twists and turns just the kind of book I enjoy reading. This is my first Knights Templar book and I know there will now be many more.

British Army in Ulster: Volume 1: From 1969 to 1973: 1969-72
British Army in Ulster: Volume 1: From 1969 to 1973: 1969-72
by David Barzilay

5.0 out of 5 stars I was there., 26 Mar 2014
I did at one time have the complete set of these very informative books so when I saw this one I had to buy it. The demons still come sometimes even 40 plus years after my first tour in the province and this book evoked some very amusing memories and some not so funny ones but that is life's rich pattern and I'm still here to tell the tale whilst some good friend and good people are not. The book took me on a pictorial tour of all the hot spots from back then backed up by David Brazilay's to the point, no nonsense text.

May the fallen on both sides of this forgotten war (I do not use that term lightly but believe me it was war despite what the politicians and the rewritten history books may say) rest in peace and their Gods go with them!

Behind the Fence
Behind the Fence
Price: 3.59

2.0 out of 5 stars Anecdotal Tales, 26 Mar 2014
This review is from: Behind the Fence (Kindle Edition)
Paul has pulled together a collection of other "old warders" tales that do not, at times, show what is a very complex and difficult job in the best of lights.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 26, 2014 2:37 PM GMT

Command Authority (Jack Ryan 13)
Command Authority (Jack Ryan 13)
Price: 3.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Eulogy to Tom Clancy, 1 Feb 2014
An excellent story line and fast pace, Command Authority is a fitting tribute to Tom Clancy who will be sadly missed.

Rest in peace Tom and may your God go with you.

The Fields of Death: (Revolution 4)
The Fields of Death: (Revolution 4)
Price: 5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fabulous Tale, 8 Jan 2014
This last book in the series drew all the strands of the story of these two fantastic historical figures together. A superb read that Mr Scarrow is to be congratulated on.

Fire and Sword: (Revolution 3)
Fire and Sword: (Revolution 3)
Price: 5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars The story continues!, 22 Dec 2013
These are truly remarkable tales and whilst fact is interlaced with fiction what a story this is, I've already downloaded the next instalment and am looking forward to getting stuck in. Simon Scarrow is a master story teller.

The Generals: (Revolution 2)
The Generals: (Revolution 2)
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 11 Nov 2013
Whilst the book is fiction based there is enough fact intertwined within to more than hold my attention and keep me turning the pages. Looking forward to the next instalment.

The Pagan Lord (The Warrior Chronicles, Book 7)
The Pagan Lord (The Warrior Chronicles, Book 7)
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars down but not out!, 11 Oct 2013
The weave and twists of the story line are, as ever, excellent.

Uthered as the story teller springs off the pages to give life to the history of our great nation. The joy for me is being able to recognise the events that shaped our nation and culture to make us what we are today. Another fabulous instalment in the life of Uthered and England! Can't wait for the next.

Inferno: (Robert Langdon Book 4)
Inferno: (Robert Langdon Book 4)
Price: 3.32

5.0 out of 5 stars wow, 29 May 2013
A twisting, turning story line which held my attention from the first page to the last. I literally couldn't put this down.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3