Profile for Steve P > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Verm-X  Pellets for all Poultry, 750 g
Verm-X Pellets for all Poultry, 750 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff., 4 Jan. 2015
Does what it says on the tin!

The Harsh Mistress (The Outremer Chronicles Book 2)
The Harsh Mistress (The Outremer Chronicles Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read!, 10 Oct. 2014
Read The Harsh Mistress in two sittings over a day and a half, literally could not put it down! Peter it's quite simple really when is the next instalment out, and is this being picked up to made in to a film? Thank you for bringing me some "me time" as I got lost in the pages of your book.

All the best
Steve P

CONTACT
CONTACT

5.0 out of 5 stars Brings Back Memories!, 1 Oct. 2014
This review is from: CONTACT (Kindle Edition)
I did my first tour in Northern Ireland at Fort George, Londonderry in 1973 and my second in Belfast at The Mill in 1976. This is the first book I've read and I've read a lot on "The Troubles", that captures the fear and dark humour that went with the emergency tours back then.

A fantastic read that I could not put down that has stirred some memories I had tucked away in a dark, warm place for safe keeping. Memories I have not shared with many other than those who have walked the streets backwards as those who haven't "tail end Charlied" wouldn't believe what I have to tell them anyway. Evoking the memories is not a bad thing by the way, other than recalling those who didn't make it home at all or in one piece, the rest of my time in The Province was a absolute hoot.

Waterloo: The History of Four Days, Three Armies and Three Battles
Waterloo: The History of Four Days, Three Armies and Three Battles

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 Sept. 2014
Excellent read.

Personal: (Jack Reacher 19)
Personal: (Jack Reacher 19)

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as ever!, 7 Sept. 2014
Read it in two sittings and the only reason I didn't in one is my train pulled in at London St Pancras. Excellent story from a fellow Brumie, way to go Lee Child.

The Templar's Apprentice (The Outremer Chronicles Book 1)
The Templar's Apprentice (The Outremer Chronicles Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read, 4 May 2014
Well paced, well written with lots of twists and turns just the kind of book I enjoy reading. This is my first Knights Templar book and I know there will now be many more.

British Army in Ulster: Volume 1: From 1969 to 1973: 1969-72
British Army in Ulster: Volume 1: From 1969 to 1973: 1969-72
by David Barzilay

5.0 out of 5 stars I was there., 26 Mar. 2014
I did at one time have the complete set of these very informative books so when I saw this one I had to buy it. The demons still come sometimes even 40 plus years after my first tour in the province and this book evoked some very amusing memories and some not so funny ones but that is life's rich pattern and I'm still here to tell the tale whilst some good friend and good people are not. The book took me on a pictorial tour of all the hot spots from back then backed up by David Brazilay's to the point, no nonsense text.

May the fallen on both sides of this forgotten war (I do not use that term lightly but believe me it was war despite what the politicians and the rewritten history books may say) rest in peace and their Gods go with them!

Command Authority (Jack Ryan Book 9)
Command Authority (Jack Ryan Book 9)

5.0 out of 5 stars Eulogy to Tom Clancy, 1 Feb. 2014
An excellent story line and fast pace, Command Authority is a fitting tribute to Tom Clancy who will be sadly missed.

Rest in peace Tom and may your God go with you.

The Fields of Death (Wellington and Napoleon 4): (Revolution 4) (The Wellington and Napoleon Quartet)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fabulous Tale, 8 Jan. 2014
This last book in the series drew all the strands of the story of these two fantastic historical figures together. A superb read that Mr Scarrow is to be congratulated on.

Fire and Sword (Wellington and Napoleon 3): (Revolution 3) (The Wellington and Napoleon Quartet)

5.0 out of 5 stars The story continues!, 22 Dec. 2013
These are truly remarkable tales and whilst fact is interlaced with fiction what a story this is, I've already downloaded the next instalment and am looking forward to getting stuck in. Simon Scarrow is a master story teller.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5