Profile for ravster > Reviews

ChiChinLighting A2-DGU1006/30 Mains GU10 38 6w Led Lamp Warm White Not Dimmable
Offered by Chichinlighting
Price: 10.99

2.0 out of 5 stars approx 10% failure rate, 2 May 2014
I purchased over 30 of these for my renovation project comprising of someone dimmer zanos and some on standard switches and have 3 of these fail on me in just over a year - rather disappointing as I calculated decades of use based on the life expectancy marketed. At 16.99 each from a RRP of 49.99 I'm not so convinced of the quality of these, and at that price I didn't expect to buy spares or expect the exact the colour to go out of production - my seller has promptly replaced the faulty ones but will refuse to warrant them further as they are apparently no longer produced. I'll be writing to Aurora with a request to blanket replace my project as future replacements are a different colour and with short term fault replacements my home will probably look a bit like a LED shade of whites disco! Sorry Aurora - looks like the failure rate calculations by the engineers might have put a decimal point in the wrong place in the wrong direction...

Minecraft Paper Craft Shelter Pack
Minecraft Paper Craft Shelter Pack
Offered by Gameseek
Price: 11.30

5.0 out of 5 stars real craft for a video game, 24 Mar 2014
kept our 4 and 6 year old boys very busy for a few days. good quality card, good purchase to get them away from the screen for a while.

Response Friedland CWD3 Wireless Camera Kit with 7-inch LCD Monitor/ DVR
Response Friedland CWD3 Wireless Camera Kit with 7-inch LCD Monitor/ DVR

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent picture quality - pretty basic easy to use, 24 Feb 2013
Decent picture quality - pretty basic easy to use item. If you are looking for a quick set up and ease of use then go for this. Personally I expected it to be able to record to my NAS drive, but I cannot do that with this. You will need another set up for that kind of thing.

8W LED Warm White Dimmable Spot Light High Quality E27 (Screw in) 500 Lumens
8W LED Warm White Dimmable Spot Light High Quality E27 (Screw in) 500 Lumens
Offered by Advanced LED Lighting
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great warm colour DIMMABLE too, 24 Feb 2013
This bulb is well packaged and gives us a pleasant yellowish warm light over our dining table, we use this in mix with 4 LED spots surrounding the dining area to soften the other brighter bulbs. Great is you are experimenting with white colours of light and mixing. I use a ZANO 10W (min load) dimmer and this is not causing any problems despite being rated at 8W (It's probably only a matter of time).

Savlon Advanced Healing Gel 50g
Savlon Advanced Healing Gel 50g
Offered by Medideals
Price: 5.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for scabs, 24 Feb 2013
This item produces great scabs in less time than other creams in my opinion. Try to avoid picking scabs as these can cause scars.

Harris Victory Junior Children's Sledge - Green
Harris Victory Junior Children's Sledge - Green
Price: 9.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Great green colour and design, 24 Feb 2013
This is ideal for my boys of age 4 and 6. Great safe design, comfortable seat and long pull rope included.

Samsung VCR8895L4A NaviBot Silencio Robotic Vacuum Cleaner, Stealth Grey
Samsung VCR8895L4A NaviBot Silencio Robotic Vacuum Cleaner, Stealth Grey

3.0 out of 5 stars Tiles and Laminate, 24 Feb 2013
I bought this thinking my new extension of 80 sq meters of hard floor would be well suited to this product. It was randomly going around the hall and lounge and seemed to be going a quite an efficient pattern. Unfortunately we lost this product under the sofa on 2 occasions, the body is curved enough to get under the sofa but if your sofa has bumps or in near tolerance of height it might get stuck. As my sofa is accessible from all 4 sides, it got stuck more than we liked. However we didn't use the boundary barriers - these are used for goal post type boundarys.

Apple 13 inch MacBook Air (Dual-Core i5,1.7GHz,4GB,256GB Flash,HD Graphics)
Apple 13 inch MacBook Air (Dual-Core i5,1.7GHz,4GB,256GB Flash,HD Graphics)

1.0 out of 5 stars great product - apple sometimes don't care - beware, 19 April 2012
Great operating system, wide touch pad and speedy boot up times - you'll definitely enjoy using this computer...
I had to purchase my second MBA (Mid 2011 model) from Amazon, due to the first developing a thermal fault on the polymer that the screen is made from - apple warranty doesn't cover this, and the apple senior tech will claim that such cracking is cause by "user torsion" - so it's pot luck on this item, generally over 99.9% of the MacBooks should be OK as the googling the term "Macbook air screen crack" only results in a handful of users reporting the same problem on the Apple forums. I've repurchased to replace a present and make a claim from my credit card company under the "sale of goods act" as I bought directly from the apple store the first time round. I was rather disappointed with Apple service based in Cork, Ireland on numerous occasions for the screen issue. You'll probably feel safer purchasing this item from Amazon due to the excellent customer service you will get if you do get such a problem.

Thomas & Friends 'Express' Bean Bag (UK mainland only)
Thomas & Friends 'Express' Bean Bag (UK mainland only)
Offered by BeanLazy
Price: 21.89

1.0 out of 5 stars not machine washable. amazon has wrong inventory at warehouse, 15 Oct 2011
I ordered this item twice, second time being under guidance from Amazon who said they had corrected their inventory as the first time I ordered I was sent a different design.
the item us not machine washable. amazon has wrong inventory at warehouse.

good luck