Profile for JBarker > Reviews

Content by JBarker

JBarker (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Stunning glitter wedge slip on shoe in Black or Brown.
Stunning glitter wedge slip on shoe in Black or Brown.
Offered by Niche Collections

5.0 out of 5 stars SIMPLY STUNNING, 19 Aug. 2011
If you are looking for something subtle, yet stunning I would recommend these. Overall they are stylish and flattering, and dress up a pair of black trousers a treat. Up close, the finish is slightly tacky - but nobody is likely to know that apart from you, so if that is all that has been sacrificed in order to keep the price this low - who cares! Ethically they are a great find for anyone who objects to leather but until now has found alternatives prohibitive pricewise. Please note that they are on the narrow side. I normally take a 36, ordered a 37 to be safe, but had to exchange them for 38s - which, I am glad to say, are a very good fit.

Olga Berg Women's OB1092 Evening Bag Gunmetal
Olga Berg Women's OB1092 Evening Bag Gunmetal

5.0 out of 5 stars ELEGANT AND PRACTICAL, 19 Aug. 2011
... at a remarkably low cost. I love this bag. It goes well with both black and silver shoes, and despite its size, holds all you will need for an evening out. It is very well made and looks expensive, which of course, it isn't! No matter how posh your occasion, it will suit. I thoroughly recommend it.

Woman's Shoes, Pumps, Synthetic high-quality leather look, 5725
Woman's Shoes, Pumps, Synthetic high-quality leather look, 5725

5.0 out of 5 stars INCREDIBLE FIND FOR VEGANS!, 19 Aug. 2011
Meat eaters will like them too, of course - especially if price is an issue. These shoes really are stylish, and look like just leather (which is a huge bonus if that is important to you). As a vegan I am just SO glad to get out of crocs, trainers and wellies and into something really elegant and fashionable which doesn't cost the earth - or anything like it. I'm also delighted with the deep tread on the sole, which is an attractive design feature but also makes me feel secure despite the height of the heel. If, like me, your feet are wider than a C, I recommend buying a half size larger than usual - as I did, and find them very comfortable. They really are lovely shoes, and at an unbelievably kind price. In fact they are kind all round!

Lloytron B479 Portable Wireless Mains Plug-In Door Chime
Lloytron B479 Portable Wireless Mains Plug-In Door Chime
Offered by CostMad-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Astoundingly good value., 9 July 2011
For the price I expected something fairly insubstantial, so was very pleasantly surprised by the sturdiness and attractive appearance of both the chime and the bell-push. I was puzzled by the review which mentioned transmission problems, as the chime works for me through a roll-up garage door, fire door and two internal doors. It is loud and clear, but not strident as some similar systems tend to be. I have tried several, and this one wins hands down. I'm very pleased with it and with Grand Gadgets' speedy and efficient service in getting it to me so quickly. I would say anyone could buy this with confidence.

Solid Thermal Insulated Blackout Curtain 229cm Length- 1 Pair-BEIGE
Solid Thermal Insulated Blackout Curtain 229cm Length- 1 Pair-BEIGE
Offered by Best Home Fashion

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT value, EXCELLENT service!, 5 July 2011
Having read some of the reviews, I didn't expect the curtains to be very substantial - but they are. They also have a pleasant soft feel and look, and drape nicely. I am very pleased with the quality and amazed to have curtained and insulated my huge windows so cheaply. They obscure the light completely and I am confident that they will provide the insulation I want when winter comes. The delivery service was amazing - they offered me an hour's slot, which I requested to be postponed till the next day so I could be there. No fuss - it was changed accordingly and the curtains arrived absolutely on time. I found the navy ones too dark for my room, requested a refund/replacement and collection was arranged for the next day. I'm very impressed and have ordered more beige ones - which are a pleasant wheat/linen sort of colour and look attractive when hung.

Craft & Hobby Floor Reading Lamp
Craft & Hobby Floor Reading Lamp
Offered by 365-home-zone

5.0 out of 5 stars De-LIGHT-ed, 5 July 2011
This review is from: Craft & Hobby Floor Reading Lamp
I'm amazed at the quality of this item. Easy to assemble (and I'm usually no good whatever at that sort of thing). Possibly the most detailed and easy to follow instructions I have ever seen, enabled me to put it together without assistance. The lamp is sturdy with a good heavy base and nice looking enough to sit permanently in the living room at the end of the sofa. Saving the best news till last - the light itself is amazing, just like daylight, very restful on the eyes and very calming. I would think it will probably help with SAD when winter comes. I have been able to read and sew very comfortably in this light for long periods with no eyestrain whatever, and since I am in my sixties that is quite something. After years of headaches and sore,itchy eyes from working under other lamps I am very grateful to have found this one, and I thoroughly recommend it.

Bridgedale Junior Trekker Socks
Bridgedale Junior Trekker Socks
Price: £6.99 - £8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The most comfortable socks I've ever worn, 24 Jun. 2011
My shoe size is UK 4EE, and the Extra Large Junior Trekkers are a perfect fit. I'm delighted to have found them as they are so-o-o-o comfortable, I actually look forward to wearing them. I walk dogs for a living, so am on my feet all day and have despaired of having to discard expensive socks which manage to ruck or ride up or slide down, rub at the sides or whatever. These really cushion my feet, keep them dry and stay put - all for under a fiver a pair. (For the midnight blue ones. The petrol blue and pink ones - which I also like very much, cost a little bit more in my size.) I can't believe my luck and have stocked up on the cheaper ones before they all sell out.

Kom op voor jezelf !
Kom op voor jezelf !
by Cathy Birch

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it - change your life!, 19 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Kom op voor jezelf ! (Paperback)
I am repeating the review I wrote for 'Asserting Yourself' because I have just realised this is the same book translated into Dutch. I can't understand why this book went out of print. I went to an assertiveness course based on it and then I bought it. It helped me stand up for myself and be more confident - especially using the ready-made things to say. They were really helpful. I hope they bring this book out again because a lot of people would be helped by reading it.

Rich Dad, Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money - That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not! (Miniature Edition)
by Robert Kiyosaki

1.0 out of 5 stars RIP-OFF - BUYER BEWARE!, 10 Jun. 2011
This is a toy-sized book measuring 7.9 x 7.1 cms (that's 2.5 inches x 3.5 inches in old money). The text shown in the 'look inside' is from the original book - the one which is getting favourable reviews. None of it is in this miniature book, which contains around 2,000 words at most - mainly chapter headings with no chapters! A complete con. Don't fall for it!

Dogs: Their Mating, Whelping and Weaning (The dog owner's library)
Dogs: Their Mating, Whelping and Weaning (The dog owner's library)
by Kay White

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable, 9 Feb. 2011
This is the very best book I have ever found on the subject in the 30+ years since its publication. As a complete novice when my first bitch was mated and went on to produce a litter of wonderful pups, I had this book to hand throughout and could not have got through without it. Every part of the process was simply explained and clearly illustrated, and every question and anxiety I had was addressed and answered - right down to smaller details which could be forgotten in the rush, such as noting the time and circumstances of each pup's arrival, jotting down some identification details and remembering to contact the stud dog's owners soon after the delivery. A quite remarkable book in my opinion, and recommended with confidence.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4