Profile for JBarker > Reviews

The Testament of Mary
The Testament of Mary
by Colm Tóibín

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for the faint-hearted., 26 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Testament of Mary (Paperback)
One of the most powerful books I have read in a long time. One scene in particular has returned over and over to trouble my dreams. An excellent and thought provoking read - but only if you're feeling strong!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 26, 2014 11:28 PM BST

DOCTOR Phone Box Hoodie Sports Navy size L
DOCTOR Phone Box Hoodie Sports Navy size L
Offered by ETHIC-STAR Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loved it and he's very particular about his Dr Who stuff!, 26 Jun 2014
I was very pleased with the quality, especially for the money and it was a great success with my son - looks great on him. I recommend it.

Slazenger Boyleg Swimsuit Ladies Black/Purple 10 (S)
Slazenger Boyleg Swimsuit Ladies Black/Purple 10 (S)
Offered by Sports Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars No more Nair!, 26 Jun 2014
This is a very good quality swimsuit - amazing for the money - and fits me perfectly, (with the added benefit of covering up the awkward bits if invited for an unexpected swim!) I found other reviewers' sizing comments helpful in making my choice, so here are mine: I'm 5'4", size 10 bottom, size 8 top and a size 10 fits perfectly. I would say go by the size of your bottom (!) - unless you are a few inches taller than me, in which case you might need the next size so it won't be too tight a fit because of the extra length needed. I would definitely recommend this suit and am about to buy another one before they all go!

Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World: 75 Dairy-free Recipes for Cupcakes That Rule
by Isa Chandra Moskowitz & Terry Hope Romero

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for non-vegans too!, 8 Feb 2014
The person who recommended this book to me is not vegan, but said the recipes were 'fantastic' and she had been recommending it to all her friends, regardless of their dietary preferences. I am vegan and have found baking a bit of a challenge sometimes - but this book lists all the non-animal ingredients that can be used as bulking and raising agents. It has been a boon, as I can now produce fluffy textured high-rising sponges etc. with the best of them. In fact many of my friends prefer the texture of these vegan cakes to the ones made with more conventional ingredients. This is a real find for anyone who wants to add to their cooking repertoire.

Solid Oak Small Compact Two Door Shoe Toy Filing Bathroom Kitchen Hallway Storage Buffet Cupboard / Cabinet / Sideboard
Offered by Hallowood Furniture

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality at a bargain price, 8 Feb 2014
I didn't expect this cupboard to be such high quality at this price. It is sturdy and substantial, very well made and with an attractive and robust finish. It looks really lovely in my posh new bathroom and there is plenty of room for spare towels and other bathroom paraphernalia inside it. Highly recommended.

The Telegraph: All New Big Book of Cryptic Crosswords 1 (The Telegraph Puzzle Books)
by THE TELEGRAPH

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't get through the day without it, 8 Feb 2014
I love these books of telegraph crosswords - and the chance to cheat just a little, if stuck, by checking out a solution or two in the back. I wouldn't be without one of these books and find them very good value.

Pointer 2014
Pointer 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Pointers - what could be nicer?, 8 Feb 2014
This review is from: Pointer 2014 (Calendar)
This is a great calendar - wonderful pointer photos, so if you love this breed it's the one for you. On the practical side, good sized squares for each day, so plenty of room to write your appointments etc. I love having a new pointer companion each month and the calendar makes me smile each time I look at it.

3 pairs Boys Jeep terrain Hiking Socks (12-3, Stone)
3 pairs Boys Jeep terrain Hiking Socks (12-3, Stone)
Offered by Sock Snob Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly comfortable, 8 Feb 2014
These are the most comfortable socks I have ever experienced - and I have tried many over the years. They are also a perfect fit, so no slack to get wrinkled up around the toes as you walk. I have difficult feet - short and broad - so to find footwear that fits and is so comfortable is very much appreciated. I really didn't expect such quality at this price and highly recommend these socks to all, but in particular to people who, like me, have usually had to compromise and accept footwear that is only fairly comfortable. I do a lot of walking and these are just great. I have ordered more.

Wye Pine Linen Cupboard - Finish: Wax - Stain: Honey
Wye Pine Linen Cupboard - Finish: Wax - Stain: Honey
Offered by Wye Pine

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC VALUE!, 1 Feb 2014
The cupboard is beautifully made, and I'm delighted with it. It was delivered on the date and at the time stated and installed in the room of my choice, even though that was upstairs and the driver was on his own. This is a first class product and a first class service. I don't see how such a quality product can continue to be offered at this price for much longer. I recommend it whole-heartedly and advise you to hurry if you want one!

Hallo Sausages: The Lyrics of Ian Dury
Hallo Sausages: The Lyrics of Ian Dury
by Jemima Dury

5.0 out of 5 stars So lovely it made me cry!, 17 Mar 2013
This is a perfect memorial and tribute to Ian - lovingly written and compiled without being in the least sentimental. It is also a beautifully presented book which I will treasure. Don't wait for the paperback - it won't be the same. This particular hardback is worth every penny and for any Ian Dury fan is an absolute must!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4