Profile for S. A. Robertson > Reviews

S. A. Robertson

Transformers Revenge of The Fallen Leader Optimus Prime
Transformers Revenge of The Fallen Leader Optimus Prime

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Transformers figure ever, 17 July 2009
Seems despite the figure from the first movie being pretty damn good, even Hasbro themselves felt like they could do better the second time round and they were right. I can't believe how much improved in accuracy this figure is. It's slightly bigger too and more posable with much less truck parts hanging off his back. Just overall much tidier and looks great. The truck mode too is an improvement looking far more seamless and even has the back of the truck done too.

Transformation to truck form is a little complex and there was only one bit I struggled with but I soon got the hang of it and have no problem whatsoever.

Lights and sounds are fun and it's nice to see his proper voice announce his name in robot form. Another great feature is that the figure combines with Leader Class Jetfire where Jetfire sorta becomes body armor/jetpak to Prime and makes the figure even more huge.

This is simply the most impressed I've ever been with a Transformers figure and it's worth every penny I paid.

Oh yeah, ignore the photo of the figure at the top. Hasbro's figure photography once again making the figure look far worse than it is and mistransformed.

The only things better on the 2007 model are that it had articulated fingers and rubber tyres. Everything else is far far better on this figure and it's easily by far the best Transformers figure I've owned since the series began in the 80's.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 30, 2011 9:05 PM BST

Transformers Revenge of The Fallen - Deluxe Bumblebee Action Figure
Transformers Revenge of The Fallen - Deluxe Bumblebee Action Figure
Offered by Toy-Town
Price: 34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great figure. Ignore the bad reviews., 17 July 2009
I'm getting sick with people rating down some of these Transformers because they're apparently 'too complex' to transform. It's not true at all. I've had no problem transforming this figure and niether has my friends kid whom I gave my previous version of this figure to. It's a very well engineered figure that looks great in both modes and I'm glad they've improved the head sculpt too.

For people who apparently lack the 'skills' to transform figures from this line...well that's why Hasbro released the Fast Action Battler range of simple but far less accurate figures. They serve their purpose well though as people here have rated this figure down for being too complex for them maybe I should go rate down the FABs for being too simple and crappy.