Profile for Catherine > Reviews

Apple Smart Cover IPAD MINI MD828ZM/A
Offered by Trusted-Goods
Price: 11.81

3.0 out of 5 stars Fake product, 25 Jun 2014
When I compared this with the real thing I could spot the fake - the embossed branding on the inside suggests that it's a fake and it's not as stable as the real thing, to use as a stand or to snap off. I chucked it in favour of a branded Apple product. If you're not fussy about those details or its stability as a stand then it'll be fine for you.

Buff High UV Protection Cap Pro Multi Functional Headwear - Sunxani
Buff High UV Protection Cap Pro Multi Functional Headwear - Sunxani

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 25 Jun 2014
I'm a fan of Buffs in general but really like this easy to wear, easy to pack cap… reversible too, adjust to fit. Very comfy, does what it's meant to.

Sparkles Gems UK Airplane Rhinestone Pearl Motif Iron On Hotfix Diamante Transfer
Offered by Sparkles Gems UK
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my requirements…, 9 Mar 2014
Only drawback, you have to put it on dark fabric else the white parts just don't show up. Easy to apply.

Clarks  Orinoco Club Boots Womens  Black Leather Size: UK 7 (41 EU)
Clarks Orinoco Club Boots Womens Black Leather Size: UK 7 (41 EU)
Offered by Bells Shoes
Price: 46.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these boots!, 27 Dec 2013
This is the second pair I've owned, and I wore the first pair till the sole split. As they're old stock, I was delighted to find them here. Nuff said!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Apply bubble-free!, 23 Dec 2013
Fantastic to apply, though hard to keep smudge-free. But all round, by far the best I have tried. Would recommend.

Tech Armor Apple iPad Air (Generation 5) Premium High Definition (HD) Clear Screen Protector with Lifetime Replacement Warranty [2-PACK] - Retail Packaging
Offered by Tech Armor UK
Price: 8.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ever!, 16 Nov 2013
I have previously used other, more expensive, screen protectors. Bought this one for my Air, based on reviews. Fitted with no bubbles, dust-free. I do agree with other reviewers who comment on how quickly the product picks up fingerprints, and that is a drawback, but still much the best I have yet tried. On the strength of this, I am ordering for my phone.

Days of Wonders: Inside the 2012 opening ceremony
Days of Wonders: Inside the 2012 opening ceremony
Price: 8.58

5.0 out of 5 stars An enthralling insight!, 26 Feb 2013
Like other reviewers I couldn't put this down till I finished it, and dreamed of all I had read when I did eventually go to bed! It evoked anew a national pride and it was great to hear it from the 'insider' perspective. Thank you Russell!

Fitbit One Wireless Activity and Sleep Tracker
Fitbit One Wireless Activity and Sleep Tracker
Price: 65.99 - 124.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely piece of kit!, 18 Feb 2013
I've had this now for 3 weeks and I am very impressed. It seems consistently accurate when compared with the previous pedometer I had, but it offers so much more as well as step count and distance travelled, calories burned: floors climbed, active score (as a % of 100 max), wifi/bluetooth sync and matching apps on Android and Apple. There is also an ingenious sleep "recorder" used with the accompanying wristband. Fascinating if somewhat less accurate - for example how does it know when I turn over and don't wake up as opposed to when I turn over and do wake up? So I am often surprised by the frequency of waking it records. Nonetheless it is all a help in keeping myself more aware of my activity patterns. I find myself spurred into action when I view the pie chart it offers me in the online dashboard, telling me the relative proportions of time I've spent sedentary, lightly active, fairly active and highly active. Quite a wake-up call! It also links with my already existing Endomondo account (amongst others) so it charts my runs accurately and any other sport I choose to record through Endomondo. I recommend this! I just hope that the online Fitbit store in the UK will soon sell additional/replacement bits like the USB dongle, wristband, charging cable and belt clip. Even if I didn't travel a lot for my work and thus like one in my travel bag and one at home, I can see that these parts could easily be lost! Great kit though!
There's a review in the Guardian, 19 February 2013 at: [...]

Tanita PD724 3 Axes Pedometer
Tanita PD724 3 Axes Pedometer
Offered by K.K. Electronics
Price: 21.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Scellent and Accurate!, 27 Nov 2012
I have had two of these - the first I lost and I bought an exact replacement because it is the most accurate of the many pedometers I have owned. AND - this one managed an entire cycle in the washing machine! I put it on the radiator for 12 hours, had to throw the battery but it works again just as well as befor! Highly recommended.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 28, 2012 10:10 AM GMT

Never Seconds: The Incredible Story of Martha Payne
Never Seconds: The Incredible Story of Martha Payne
by Martha Payne
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Coudn't put it down!, 20 Nov 2012
I ordered this from Amazon as soon as its publication was announced. So -1 star to Amazon for not having my copies to me on launch day. I ended up buying a Kindle copy as well. I have followed NeverSeconds since Martha gained national attention courtesy of Argyll & Bute Council. This book further unfolds the extraordinary drama which has taken place in the last 9 months or so and helps you realise what an "ordinary/extraordinary" girl Martha is - and her whole family too. With the interweaving between Martha and Dave, her Dad we are taken deeper into the 'behind the scenes' happenings. I couldn't put it down! My complaint - too short! I was so disappointed when I had finished it. Well written by both authors! Martha deserves a quiet life for now, but whatever happens in her life has a solid foundation.

Page: 1 | 2