Profile for Oliver's Dad > Reviews

Content by Oliver's Dad

Oliver's Dad

StilGut Ultraslim Case, with Smart-Cover Function Support and Stand for original Apple iPad 3rd & 4th Generation Wifi + 4G 16, 32, 64 GB, cognac
Offered by StilGut

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 16 Mar 2014
I had one of these for a Samsung tablet a couple of years back. The fit of the other one was much better than this iPad version. When you open the case the Samsung version allowed the bottom of the device to smoothly swing into position to sit in the grooves to enable the stand position to be adopted easily. The iPad version requires your to prise out the bottom two corners before you can use the stand position. It can be done of course but it is no where near as good.

I bought this case as I wasn't even on the Belkin case I already owned for the iPad - it didn't support the iPad in the stand position when balanced on you knee. Whilst this is very good, it doesn't get an Excellent due to the messing around with the corners of the case.

Braun Oral-B Triumph 5000 Five-Mode Power Toothbrush with Wireless Smart Guide
Braun Oral-B Triumph 5000 Five-Mode Power Toothbrush with Wireless Smart Guide
Price: 80.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Braun Oral B Triumph 5000, 1 Mar 2012
This replaced our 10 year old Braun toothbrush. Yes of course we replaced the heads!
The new device shows how far these items have come. This is just unbelievably better. You will of course have to try it to experience it. But I am almost certain you are going to be as surprised as I was. This is great. What more can I say? Clean teeth just like you've been to the hygeinist but without their prices. Yes this is quite pricey, but how many visits does this equate to? I reckon this is value for money.

Samsung ET-S100CBEJ Galaxy Tablet Capacative Stylus (Shape) - Black
Samsung ET-S100CBEJ Galaxy Tablet Capacative Stylus (Shape) - Black
Offered by Buyur
Price: 9.87

2.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Galaxy Tab Stylus, 4 Dec 2011
I thought that by getting a genuine Samsung product[...]_title I would be assured of a quality interaction between screen and pen. Wrong! This is as poor an experience as you would get from any flea market device which you could pick up for 3. Save your cash and try something else. Maybe these tablets just arent up to job of handling text. What a shame that HTC can make the 'Flyer' so good with text yet this wonderful tablet falls down miserably with an interaction of the human touch.
I got my pen for just over 10, which eases the pain a bit I suppose.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 5, 2011 5:13 PM GMT

Introduction to Health and Safety at Work
Introduction to Health and Safety at Work
by Phil Hughes

5.0 out of 5 stars Introduction to Health & Safety at Work, 26 April 2011
Hey, it's a refernce book that I need for my NEBOSH course. What more can I say? It turned up when I expected it to, so well done Amazon, and the inside pages are are what the outside pages said it was, fantastic! If you want one buy one!
Seriously, it is a great refernce source.

Canon PIXMA MG5250 All-In-One Wi-Fi Colour Photo Printer (Print, Copy and Scan)
Canon PIXMA MG5250 All-In-One Wi-Fi Colour Photo Printer (Print, Copy and Scan)

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon MG5250 Printer, 25 Mar 2011
I purchased this (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00400OK20/ref=oss_product)as a replacement for an HP printer which did not support duplex printing. This printer was easy enough to set up, however, the instructions were not too clear and someone less technical interested may take a little while, but none the less this printer is great. The templates which enable you to print out a variety of lined paper/graph paper pages is a real bonus for me. The wireless was easy to set up and it just works very well.

The colours seem sharp, but the 'copy' function (on the one test I did) seemed to be very slightly dim the vibrancy, but to be fair, I copied a photo to plain papaer and in my case, I did not buy it for this. Prints from applications are spot on and up to Canon's high standard. Overall very happy with this printer and would recommend (as did Which? magazine). Well done again Amazon.

HP CN216B Photosmart Plus e-All-in-One Web Enabled Printer
HP CN216B Photosmart Plus e-All-in-One Web Enabled Printer

2.0 out of 5 stars HP CN216B HP Wirless Printer, 25 Mar 2011
I researched this printer and the HP site said it had manual duplex supported.
It does not, so it was returned. Amazon made thios real easy as usual.
If you dont want duplex printing (why would you?) then this is a great printer for the money (69)
I finished up with the Canon MG5250, which is the bizz!

Canon PIXMA MP560 Wi-Fi Ready Premium All-In-One Photo Printer
Canon PIXMA MP560 Wi-Fi Ready Premium All-In-One Photo Printer

1.0 out of 5 stars Canon Pixma MP560, 27 Feb 2011
Bought as an Xmas present in Novemeber (planning ahead!). Connected Xmas day all working. Used in January (son took it back to University). The printer produced the first page then ink failed to print on second and subsequent pages. Tried cleaning and deep cleaning. Canon customer services advised that due to a manufacturing fault, I send or take it to their service workshops, at my expense of course. I had tried to get into the returns system at Amazon, but it appears you only 30 days. I emailed customer services at Amazon and received a reply within 20 minutes (!) offering me a refund as the item was faulty and no longer stocked, along with the returns barcode to print off. Lucky we had another printer!! LOL
Summary: my first bad printer - but my usual fantastic customer support from Amazon. Buy from Amazon with confidence, buy the MP560 with a leap of faith!

FLASH SUPERSTORE VALUE PACK OF 5 LG KC910 RENOIR HARD COATED LCD SCREEN SCRATCH PROTECTOR/GUARD/SHIELD
Offered by FLASHSUPERSTORE
Price: 1.75

1.0 out of 5 stars PACK OF 8 LG KC910 RENOIR HARD COATED LCD SCREEN SCRATCH PROTECTOR/GUARD/SHIELD, 18 Feb 2010
I bought these because I was let down by a market trader selling me protectors for another model of phone. Disapointment returned as I opened the packet from 'Flash Superstore' FLASH SUPERSTORE VALUE PACK OF 8 LG KC910 RENOIR HARD COATED LCD SCREEN SCRATCH PROTECTOR/GUARD/SHIELD only to find that the protectors I received are not the same shape as those shown on their advertisement. The protectors I received cover the screen only - I wanted the full face of the phone to be covered, as originally supplied. Why do people insist on selling 'almost what is shown' goods? Buy these with caution and in the knowledge that something different may turn up!

LED Lenser T7 Tactical Torch (Black) - Test It Pack
LED Lenser T7 Tactical Torch (Black) - Test It Pack
Offered by biguktoolbox
Price: 33.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Led Lenzer T7 Taactical Light, 16 Feb 2010
It arrived from Gardens by Covey within 3 days on standard delivery.
The light that comes of this little tube is awesome. It beats my 5 cell Maglite by a huge margin and it doesn't weigh like a brick and it fits into my pocket or the included pouch.
What a fab gadget. I am delighted!