Profile for Chris > Reviews

Chris

M Wave Expanding 1.3L Trail Seat Pack
M Wave Expanding 1.3L Trail Seat Pack
Offered by Y Frame Discounts Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars If you're having trouble attaching this to your bike..., 5 Dec. 2012
...I can't help, it was the most simple job I can imagine! Granted there are no instructions, but there's a bracket for under the seat and a strap for the seatpost, what more do you need to know!

Great bag, almost everything has been thought of. Elasticated loop for attaching a light, expanding design, quick release so you can take it with you. Fits a spare tube, small pump, multi tools, puncture repair kit, spare lights... If you want more in there than just spares and tools then you should opt for the bigger version, but this one suits me just fine.

Don't over fill it or go crazy with weight, when it's expanded you realise just how thin the material is, but it will hold against normal use!

Note; If you don't have much space between your seat and the back wheel... raise your seat! If this leaves your feet miles from the floor... your bike is too big!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 13, 2013 8:09 PM BST

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars It's not who you know, it's what you know!, 2 Nov. 2012
So at less than £100, it's a given that this bike is going to be a bit crap. I've had a few problems with the brakes and gears, and I'm well aware that any serious off roading will only be enjoyable for the 10 minutes the bike survives.

However, I am a guitarist by trade, and have aquired a lot of skill in getting the best out of a cheap guitar by making certain adjustments. The difference between a £100 guitar and a £500 guitar is usually down to these adjustments being done for you. I thought to myself, if I had the same amount of knowledge with a bike I could set it up to perform much better. With Youtube and websites (and a little intelligence, there's no reason I couldn't find this information for free and apply it.

I've had the bike about 10 days, and have had a great time tinkering and learning about how the components need to interact.
It will never be completely without flaws (rattley gear changes or chain rubbing), but it's working perfectly well enough for daily 10 mile rides and even a little offroading.

My point is, yes it's not the best bike in the world, but for £100 it will do the job, and it looks fantastic!

DIGIFLEX Waterproof 5 LED Bike Bicycle Head + Rear Light 6 Modes for Night Safety
Offered by Digiflex

3.0 out of 5 stars My only real complaint is that I have no money, 2 Nov. 2012
A high quality, bright, waterproof, solid as a rock, easy to fit, easy to remove set of lights would cost £40 - £200.

This is none of those things. I may aswell be using the backlight of my phone on rides, and all parts are made of brittle plastic that is likely to snap/crack very soon. The "quick release" levers are pretty useless, everything is a struggle; trying to apply enough force to get results without it shattering in your hand. In fact I had to use the claw end of a hammer to pry open the rear light in order to put batteries in it!

With all of that said, if I only had £6 and needed to see where I was going... I'd buy this set again!
I can't wait to afford a better set, but for now I just need to keep this one from braking. I carry electrical tape when I ride so I'm ready for when they go!

Quadra senior gymsac
Quadra senior gymsac
Price: £1.99 - £8.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Why would you want one with a Nike tick on it!?, 28 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Quadra senior gymsac (Apparel)
I was going to pop into Sports Direct and buy the Adidas or Nike equivilant of this product, but took a look on Amazon and found this cheaper with good reviews.

Just to add to those reviews; it's bigger, cheaper, just as good quality and has a zip pocket to seperate items you don't want to dig around for. I'm a big fan of paying less and getting more!